Author Topic: Skylink TV Antenna  (Read 1586 times)

Offline stonethecrows

Skylink TV Antenna
« on: January 15, 2019, 10:36:37 am »
Anybody heard of this product from the states, good or bad reports ?

It says its legal and gets you channels for free cost is $31.43, not sure how much for postage

https://skylinktvantenna.com/
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Skylink TV Antenna
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 04:28:09 pm »
It's an antenna that'll only pick up FTA channels. Might not be compatible with Saorview/Freeview but even if it is it won't get anything that you can't get with an aerial on the roof or, if you're lucky like me, in the attic. The deal in the US is that some broadcasters have a contractual obligation to broadcast FTA terrestrial signals so they tend to use bands that aren't readily accessible as they're more interested in cable customers hence these types of clever aerials come onto the market from time to time.

IMO your best bet for FTA TV in Ireland is a satellite dish and tuner for the UK stations and a normal aerial from B&Q (check/copy your neighbours if you can see any) for Saorview (and some Freeview if you're lucky like me). After that there's an array of IPTV providers for premium/foreign stations, obviously not as reliable/convenient as terrestrial/satellite but cheap as chips. I use ccccambox.com for my IPTV, don't watch it a whole lot though, generally just for the darts and the odd game of cricket or baseball but it's more than sufficient for my purposes @ c.€40/year.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 04:30:47 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline stonethecrows

Re: Skylink TV Antenna
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 04:52:54 pm »
Thanks Rat
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Show Unread Posts