Author Topic: bet for today  (Read 4517 times)

john m

bet for today
« on: January 18, 2019, 01:56:22 am »
Picked up the Sports editor from the Irish Mirror he gave me a tip ..

(6)

EVER ROCK

J: Aaron Mackay(7)
T: J. S. Moore
F: 67044-2
OR: 50
Weight: 9-4
10/3

The Liffey Lip

Re: bet for today
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 09:07:41 am »
Good luck......where?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 11:25:26 am »
Merci Bien......

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 11:30:53 am »
de rien.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 11:31:56 am »
Je Vous en Prie.

john m

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 11:44:51 am »
He said he interviewed the jockie during the week .Says he is a cockey little fucker told him he was going to be champion apprentice .The worlds greatest bookie might take £4 win off you .Went in last Night wanted 200 @6/1 Britain leave with no deal they refused lad rang the trading room told me they would take 40  then cut it to 7/2 ..

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 11:49:55 am »
You must have a bad rep with bookies, John..........walk-ins can normally drop a monkey no problem, not that I've been known to do that. My max is a oner ew.............never had any problem doing it.........Laddies or Powers or Boyles etc.

john m

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 12:15:16 pm »
I caught them a few years backwhen Christy Burk got the Chain they were betting 7/2 an independent to be lord mayor .I did all the shops for a ton or two each  no problem getting on then I got them on the Greek Banks staying closed both bets I advised on Roys .Had an argument with them on another bet .Then A lad in the trding room set my off norm trading limit @30 euro .And I have been told that if the shop take the bet its ok but if they ring over for any off Norm ie not Football ,Racing or Golf the default position is 40 euro .A lot of what they offer markets on are Plunder lines trying to entice people into gambling like lotto numbers .Who shot Mr Byrnes ,Celebrity come cook me a dinner .They would refuse you a lumpy bet on most off norm books .I was going to have the Brexit bet as the odds will change the nearer the day and I could back remain and get a decent return .If I was certain the Brits will go with no deal then 7/1 a hard border is a given and 16/1 the chanel tunnel closed for a week is a sporting wager but who the fuck knows what is going to happen .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 12:21:15 pm »
Get a bus or Luas...........next stop has at least 5 boookies.........we're a nation of heretics now,

john m

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 12:36:19 pm »
Had a small bet on that horse its a handicap for donkeys with that youngfellas claim he has a pound in hand of the field .I couldnt be bothered bookie bouncing to get on unless I really fancied something .My holiday money this year is an anti post docket @20/1 Kew Gardens to win the Ascot Gold Cup got that off the Lad who gave it to me to win the ledger .Think only meself and the Rat cashed out on that one .I had a good bet but took 9/4 the day before as I thought he would go off about 6/4 .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 12:38:10 pm »
Good luck.............haven't had a winner since she last knelt on me belly.

Offline Wife Magnet

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 01:48:13 pm »
Whites of her eyes were always yellow from drink. Met her in the Cambridge university arms hotel in the late 80s. She was with rumpole of the bewley actor. Leo McKern.

john m

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 02:19:25 pm »
There is a reason that kid claims 7 lbs he couldnt ride a fucking bike .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 02:27:37 pm »
Relax John.......like a fool I lost  a few bob............if you can't afford it............fiver ew.......no country for old men, now John.........

Show Unread Posts