Author Topic: Holy God  (Read 6852 times)

john m

Holy God
« on: February 03, 2019, 03:19:33 pm »
Picked up the same jurno who gave me the losing tip last week he told me this story .Last week the archbishop of Dublin issued a statement saying you should not drink and drive .So no story there ..But WAIT .The story behind the story .A man in Offally was done for drink driving on a Sunday morning his defence was there is only one mass in his parish on Sundat and there is no local transport so he has to drive to mass .Judge done him and banned him so he applied for a judicial review of the sentence claiming he has a constitutional right to practice his religion and Cannon Law dictates that he celebrates the Sabbath day so must atttend mass on Sunday .He is claiming that he is being preventid from doing this by the new drink laws .He was refused leave to appealso is going to Europe .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Holy God
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 03:22:35 pm »
Seems reasonable.

Online watty

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 05:38:48 pm »
Can he not listen on the wireless or watch it on TV?

By the sounds of it, he'll already have some wine in the house and probably some pitta bread from the previous night's takeaway?

dalymount

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 06:02:52 pm »
Sounds no more outrageous a defence then the polish fella who was acquitted after he claimed that the charges notification form was only printed in English,and should have been printed in IRISH also.HE WON HIS CASE .also on a serious note,I dare say if it was a foreigner who made a similer claim about not being able to practice his religion,rhe immigrant council of Ireland would have backed him all the way,and the authorities as usual,would have shit themselves and dismissed the charges

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 07:05:50 pm »
Picked up the same jurno who gave me the losing tip last week he told me this story .Last week the archbishop of Dublin issued a statement saying you should not drink and drive .So no story there ..But WAIT .The story behind the story .A man in Offally was done for drink driving on a Sunday morning his defence was there is only one mass in his parish on Sundat and there is no local transport so he has to drive to mass .Judge done him and banned him so he applied for a judicial review of the sentence claiming he has a constitutional right to practice his religion and Cannon Law dictates that he celebrates the Sabbath day so must atttend mass on Sunday .He is claiming that he is being preventid from doing this by the new drink laws .He was refused leave to appealso is going to Europe .
Driving to Europe just to attend Mass?
Is he Opus Dei? 8)

john m

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 10:50:28 pm »
Our kid recons he is using the system ,probably some old lad if he is appealing his sentence then the sentence will be suspended until the europeans hear the case .If he is old enough he might be dead before Europe are finished dealing with not dealing with it .

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 11:03:58 pm »
I reckon that journal is using you as a social experiment.
Either that or you have gullible written on your forehead

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 07:29:21 am »
The Lord said Sunday was to be the Sabbath and no one should work.
So why are Priests allowed spout their vague Gibberish onnthe Sabbath?
Hypocrisy I tells ya!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 08:09:04 am »
Stand outside a Synagogue or Mosque on Saturday then, Silver.............good luck with that.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 10:09:56 pm »
The Lord said Sunday was to be the Sabbath and no one should work.
So why are Priests allowed spout their vague Gibberish onnthe Sabbath?
Hypocrisy I tells ya!
That’s not working, that’s scoping our their prey, durty bastards

dalymount

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 10:18:48 pm »
Why ate you taring all the priests with the one brush ? Yes its true to say a number of catholic priests have le the church down big time,but some have down tremendous work like Peter Mcvery

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 10:41:37 pm »
Why ate you taring all the priests with the one brush ? Yes its true to say a number of catholic priests have le the church down big time,but some have down tremendous work like Peter Mcvery
I’ll reserve my judgement on him til he dies!! That’s when the accuser will come out of the woodwork.

Anyways, why would you believe in any of that made up mumbo jumbo.
Do you still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy??

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 10:49:21 pm »
Stand outside a Synagogue or Mosque on Saturday then, Silver.............good luck with that.
Fell asleep outside a synagogue
Woke up in the morning
With a heavy jew on me!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 07:24:15 am »
My point was He/She never said Sunday was the Sabbath....the 7th day was and still should be Saturday......Pope changed it way back.

dalymount

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 07:30:45 am »
Vikkiz there is equally as much chance of it being true,as untrue.so regardless of your sarcastic remarks regarding santa claus,or the tooth fairy ,unless you definitely prove otherwise,I would ask you to be a bt more respectful to those of us who DO  chose to believe

Show Unread Posts