Author Topic: Holy God  (Read 6856 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Holy God
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 11:51:45 am »
There's a lot of value in religious beliefs regardless of authenticity. All religions promote a sense of community and encourage respect and equality in society.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 12:03:21 pm »
G.K. Chesterton once said if God doesn't exist then it is necessary to create one. Our track history alludes to our barbaric nature without one to control us....irregardless(sic) of its inherent veracity.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 12:36:11 pm »
Ah remember the days when mass was said in Latin, when ladies wore head scarves to mass and priests wore collars.

Who gave the OK to change all this ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 12:36:46 pm »
The Pope?

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 12:40:47 pm »
And was it the pope who signed off the Ok for all the abuse ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 12:43:46 pm »
Several of them probably.....

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 04:04:08 pm »
My point was He/She never said Sunday was the Sabbath....the 7th day was and still should be Saturday......Pope changed it way back.
Because he hated Saturday, like most taxi drivers.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 09:42:09 pm »
Vikkiz there is equally as much chance of it being true,as untrue.so regardless of your sarcastic remarks regarding santa claus,or the tooth fairy ,unless you definitely prove otherwise,I would ask you to be a bt more respectful to those of us who DO  chose to believe
Not sarcastic, just true. Religions were create to keep people in check, install order in peoples lives.
I know you are a big believer and that’s your choice, but what would you say about other religions? Scienceology, Islam, etc etc

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 10:52:07 pm »
What I would say is,I acknowledge their existence,but dont subscribe to their  teachings

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2019, 11:12:32 pm »
Can't see why a faith  without any evidence is worthy of itself of any more respect or less entitled to be scorned than any other unevidenced belief. Watch in an unbiased way Hitchens/Dawkins/Harris et al.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

dalymount

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2019, 06:58:20 am »
Well I dont think ANY  religion is there to be shot at really,but a bit of respect for those who DO believe would do no harm

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2019, 11:06:36 am »
Darwinists deserve special contempt in my opinion........we're descended from Apes........even though the genetic conundrum cannot be explained.......we have fewer chromosomes that some attempt to explain away by a fusion.......we're a race imported to be some superior race's slaves.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2019, 11:22:29 am »
I think you'd make a good Muslim, DM. You don't drink, you don't gamble, you despise homosexuality, you obviously believe in God... How are you gonna vote in the women's place in the home referendum?

dalymount

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2019, 03:15:12 pm »
Seriously rat,my mate and I were only discussing last night,the similarities between the aspirations of the catholic church,and the teachings of islam.I have to say,I relate a lot to the koran,but I would never change my religion.I hope some day,if the Donald retires ,Mike Pence takes over .now there is a man I can really relate to

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 03:16:50 pm »
He's a Jew.............so are most of Trump's cabinet.

Show Unread Posts