Author Topic: Milk  (Read 18443 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Milk
« on: February 04, 2019, 03:19:43 pm »
Been looking at the labels recently. Seems that most of the stuff I buy is produced in the UK, presumably in norn iron. The stuff from Tesco Lidl and McLouglin's is nice but the stuff from Super Valu and Applegreen is muck. I presume the former is from republican farms and the latter from protestants. Anywaysanall - one for the erm - will Brexit make the supermarkets source their stuff in the Republic and, if so, will retail prices increase?

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

Re: Milk
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 03:57:29 pm »
remember seeing this in the cinema.
we were in fuckin ribbons laffin.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 04:41:30 pm »
That movie is 23 years old..jaysus...still one of my favourites.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 10:05:12 pm »
Been looking at the labels recently. Seems that most of the stuff I buy is produced in the UK, presumably in norn iron. The stuff from Tesco Lidl and McLouglin's is nice but the stuff from Super Valu and Applegreen is muck. I presume the former is from republican farms and the latter from protestants. Anywaysanall - one for the erm - will Brexit make the supermarkets source their stuff in the Republic and, if so, will retail prices increase?
You unpatriotic son of a bitch.
Do you not check to see if it has the “Made In Ireland” logo. Which means fuck all actually.

They can get the milk from northern cows, transport it down here, put it in the cartons and call it Irish.

Dya remember the Guaranteed Irish Logo from years ago??
I wonder if some of us could put them on our taxis? My parents were Irish and my parents parents were Irish so I’m Guaranteed Irish

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 10:25:21 pm »

You can put it on food packaging....Unfortunately if you put it on a taxi...you're asking for trouble!!

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 10:37:37 pm »

You can put it on food packaging....Unfortunately if you put it on a taxi...you're asking for trouble!!
Bastards.
I am guaranteed Irish.
So they can be racist about foods but I can’t tell everyone that I’m guaranteed Irish.

Wouldn’t it be a great marketing ploy to get the “Guaranteed Irish” body to advertise on some taxis

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 11:04:50 pm »
An interior light does the same job as a guaranteed Irish logo.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 11:27:43 pm »
An interior light does the same job as a guaranteed Irish logo.
Nah, the English and Nordies look just us, along with some of the other Europeans

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 07:31:43 am »

I recall telling someone on Roy's that St Patrick is also the patron Saint of Nigeria.........best way to go now is bedecking the vehicle in Rainbow paraphernalia............lots of these lads don't like the connotations and nobody can say boo to you for doing it. MyTaxi are leading the way along with Google and Facebook in making it an integral part of our new identity. All done in the best possible taste.........

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 11:32:54 am »
The Applegreen one is Irish... but that's muck... not sure about Super Valu 'cos I haven't seen it for a while but it has the same sour note as the Applegreen one... I don't generally shop in Super Valu 'cos Moriarty has tried to poison me twice, once with rotten Chicken and once with sour Rashers and the food in his hotel is pure shite... Lidl is what I have in the fridge at the moment, that's UK (NI) and I'm pretty sure Tesco comes from the same dairy as it has the same creamy taste that I like. The one McLouglin's sell (not the Avonmore, the other one) is similarly acceptable... I find Avonmore inconsistent, sometimes OK, sometimes muck.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 12:34:15 pm »
Fukin milk connoisseurs we have here....who'd have thought!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 12:36:24 pm »
Pronounced Mulk as soon as you leave the Pale.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 12:56:13 pm »
What I'm really concerned about is the likelihood that the Super Valu one is Irish, from the same dairy as the Applegreen muck. Add in the assumption that the one McLoughlin's sell is from norn iron and I could be in a real pickle post Brexit. If Tesco, Lidl and McLoughlin's better supplier switch to the Irish muck sold by Applegreen (and maybe Super Valu) there's no choice but to put up with Avonmore's inconsistencies... let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 12:59:57 pm »
Where's the erm when there's Brexit related questions of serious consequence to address?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 01:01:37 pm »
He's dealing with first world problems!!

Show Unread Posts