Author Topic: Milk  (Read 18445 times)

The Liffey Lip

Re: Milk
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 01:02:26 pm »
Never heard anyone else moaning about Avonmore milk...........best milk out there in my opinion.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 01:04:04 pm »
I'd say the cows would love to hear yisser appraisals..

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 01:06:07 pm »
Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't, LL. They probably produce the Applegreen muck too... and maybe slip some of that into their own brand as supply and demand dictates. Tesco and Lidl are consistently acceptable, much creamier taste than the others.... although I do have a gripe with Lidl's, the seal isn't always correctly applied, it can leak if laid flat on a shelf rather than being placed in the door holder of the fridge... that's happened to me twice.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 01:08:06 pm »
Sounds like a local issue there, Rats, Maybe Jethro and Benji just aren't up on proper merchandising procedures.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 01:14:48 pm »
Possibly, I don't buy Avonmore myself so it's generally in other people's gaff's I'd notice... more often than not in the Northside suburbs of the city. I should clarify, though, this is proper full fat milk I'm talking about, none of your mamby pamby low fat half skimmed organic shite. In general I am a sucker for organic but not when it comes to milk.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 01:21:46 pm »
Always reach as far back in as possible and run your finger around the top of the cartons in the fridge....if dry then leave. Petrol stations know people only buy milk as a last gasp option so they stick the older shite in the back knowing full well that Elspetha with the 3 changeling bastards in the back of her Nissan Picnic will reach in the back for the "fresher" over-priced milk.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 01:28:05 pm »
At the moment all I need to do is look at the dates in Tesco, Lidl or McLoughlin's to make sure I'm buying from the latest delivery... the product itself is A1... let's hope Brexit doesn't fuck that up.

Offline Deets

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 01:42:53 pm »
Not milk but Denny were caught out the other day selling chicken with "Made in Wicklow" on the package. When questioned on the origin it turned out the chicken was from Brazil and imported then packaged in Kerry Food Group (who own the Denny brand) in their factory in Shilleagh, Co.Wicklow. The lying pack of cunts. No skin off my nose as I never buy those shite Denny sausages or any of their other products. Makes you think though, we are having the wool pulled over our eyes when it comes to food labelling, its a crock of shite

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 01:50:29 pm »
If it tastes alright I guess it doesn't matter where it comes from. I tend to go for free range chicken myself but that's probably subject to very loose definition. I like Kearns sausages, dunno if they're a Denny's product or not these days. I know the original producer went out of business a few years back and someone else took over the brand/recipe.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2019, 01:58:13 pm »
If it tastes alright I guess it doesn't matter where it comes from. I tend to go for free range chicken myself but that's probably subject to very loose definition. I like Kearns sausages, dunno if they're a Denny's product or not these days. I know the original producer went out of business a few years back and someone else took over the brand/recipe.

Suprvalu sausages made from the old "Superquinn recipe"........nah no way. Best of the lot are locally made butcher's sausages. Rather hand them the extra 2 quid. Got a fillet of sirloin from me local butcher for 27 quid for a beef wellington on Xmas Eve. Fed 7 people with it plus a bit left over for the staffie. Aldi's sirloin steaks are very good but shrink on the Foreman.......get what you pay for.

john m

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2019, 02:06:33 pm »
Rodent on the Milk conundrum have you checked to see if the milk you purchased is hommoginised milk or not or if it is semi homoginised .Some dairies extracy more of the cream for butter or cheese manufacture .Lakeland Dairies who would be Church Of Ireland extract only 60% of the purest cream which they supply to Bailies on the Nangor Road .which is why your milk consistency conundrum is also reflected in the Quality of Bailies Original Irish Cream over the cheap Lidel made in somewhere else stuff .In answer to your question visa vie Brexit Bainne .Im sure there will be a shortage of Church of Ireland Milk on the shelves of post brexit garages but more importantly post Brexit if there is a new Hard Border will Ireland s Rugby team continue to appease the Norn Eireann fan base with the singing of Irelands Call .Im sure Big Dommos Northers Cousin Big Allister will work out a way of marching his heard of Black and White Fresian Cows over the border into Monaghan for milking then smuggel them back over the line to eat grass and shit .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2019, 02:08:19 pm »
Pasteurised and homogenised, erm. Are they not all like that these days?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2019, 02:11:07 pm »
Church of Ireland farmers don't keep cattle........Presbyterians do. C of I men grow arable crops for production in high-end breweries etc.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2019, 02:12:03 pm »
Size matters when it comes to roast sirloin, or any roast beef LL. Trying to roast anything under 2 kilos is a recipe for disaster... well, disaster might be a tad strong, it'll dry out too much... ideally 2.5 kilos plus is what you want with a nice coat of fat on one side so it'll baste itself.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2019, 02:15:42 pm »
Size matters when it comes to roast sirloin, or any roast beef LL. Trying to roast anything under 2 kilos is a recipe for disaster... well, disaster might be a tad strong, it'll dry out too much... ideally 2.5 kilos plus is what you want with a nice coat of fat on one side so it'll baste itself.

Sounds like a Tinder profile.

Show Unread Posts