Author Topic: Cork taxi driver’s outrage at puking passengers  (Read 4073 times)

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

Cork taxi driver’s outrage at puking passengers
« on: February 06, 2019, 11:59:49 pm »
https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Cork-taxi-drivers-outrage-at-puking-passengers-ac65968d-8632-446d-ae71-3cf295a92c0b-ds

A CORK taxi driver has been left outraged by passengers vomiting in his vehicle and costing him days off the road.

Taxi driver Bobby Lynch’s anger was sparked again last Saturday when a woman in her thirties got sick and destroyed the back of his taxi, he said. The incident occurred just a week after he had purchased a new car.

“The lady was rolling her window down,” he said.

“I asked her if she wanted me to pull over but she kept saying she was fine. Soon after that, she puked her heart up. Her husband turned to her and asked why she hadn’t let us pull over. She didn’t know what the problem was and told her husband ‘it’s just a taxi’.

“I lost it after that. To some people, this might be just a taxi but it’s also my livelihood.”

This isn’t the first time Bobby had his taxi destroyed by vomit.

“There was one guy who actually vomited down the back of my neck after a night out. That’s how bad it can get.”

Despite his anger, Bobby always ensures that his passengers make it home.

“If I kick them out all I’m doing is passing the problem onto another taxi driver.”

He spent the next day attempting to clean up the mess on Sunday.

“I wasn’t able to work the next day. The seats had to be unscrewed. I had to clean out the car four times and will still need to get it valeted to fully get rid of the smell. That was five hours cleaning when I could have been out working.”

It’s not just vomiting that taxi drivers are subjected to.

“I’ve found burgers and curry chips stuffed under the seats. In these situations, I normally post them through the passenger’s letterbox.

“All I’m doing is giving them back what they used to destroy my car. A lot of taxi drivers I know do the same.”

Bobby said he has faced a number of more serious incidents over the years.

“I’ve had some narrow escapes driving taxis. It’s a difficult job at times. If people disrespect us we still have to show respect for them. If we say anything wrong we could lose our license. We’re on our own.”

He urged people to have respect for taxi driver attempting to earn a decent living.

“Not everyone is like this. I have a lot of people in my taxi who are very respectful. Some will comment on the clean condition of your car,” said Bobby. “As a taxi driver, I take a lot of pride in that.”

Offline taxi1990

Re: Cork taxi driver’s outrage at puking passengers
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 12:09:29 am »
Despite his anger, Bobby always ensures that his passengers make it home.

“If I kick them out all I’m doing is passing the problem onto another taxi driver

fcuk them, kick them out, its their own fault for drinking so much.

either that or have a bucket or bag for them if you think they might get sick.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 12:17:30 am »
When the missus was in hospo last year....i acquired a "few" sick bags...haven't used them yet!!

I had to get out of my sick bed today to go for my LRA in Ballymun....i had my first aid kit,fire extinguisher etc laid out in the boot....there was also a few of said sick bags there aswell....he did ask me what they were...and he jokingly said you don't need them....i jokingly replied that they'll be used quicker than the first aid kit!

dalymount

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 05:29:37 am »
What always pisses me off in these situations is ,they just will not pay the soliage charge.the usual thing they say is,ill clean it for you.what are you supposed to do then if they offer to clean it ?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 10:03:20 am »
There is nothing in the taxi regulations that say if they offer to clean the car then its ok. Tell them you want the soiling charge, if they refuse, call guards.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 10:21:00 am »
Stick a few airline sick bags in the back of the front seats.

dalymount

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 10:43:28 am »
Taxi it always develops into a raw,they just wont pay

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 10:58:46 am »
usually they offer me money without being asked, i got 140 one time.

usually though drivers have to drop them to the garda station to get them to pay up.

dalymount

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 11:49:38 am »
I had two suits one night in town they were coming from an office party.one of them sneaked in a pint which I didnt see.when they were getting out,the cunt dropped the glass,and the drink went everywhere over the floor,and the back seat.under no circumstances would they pay.I stood there arguing with them,but they would not pay.we waited for up to 10 mins for the cops,no show .rang them again,still no show they just walked away breakibg their bollox laughing.now what the fukk am I supposed to do ? I didnt even get the fare,never mind the spoilage charge

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 11:57:58 am »
When you ring the cops you ask to whom you are speaking.............they will come....eventually. If not, you report the incident plus make an official complaint. CCTV around the area could be used to ascertain the culprits' identity.......shaming them might have got you your money. They committed an offence not paying you your fare............you should have reported it.

dalymount

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 12:16:59 pm »
I wouldnt say these two guys were your regular kind of scumbags,I dont think they purposely set out to do thisit was just when I asked for the soilage charge they seem to find it funny that such a charge should  even exist

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 12:25:27 pm »
Are you allowed thump the face off them if thee don't pay up?
Worked a treat for me Down the queys one nite...
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 12:25:53 pm »
If you confronted them they could allege anything..........always report it to cover your arse........you're sober and they might have to wait a few hours to report it. I always cover my hole, Dalyer.........even if I think there's nothing in it.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 12:26:27 pm »
Fortunately I haven't had too many pukers but I've never had one pay up without some drama. One was paid some time later to a Garda after he was given a false name and address, I think that got his back up so he tracked the bird down and got my money, not sure if she was charged with giving a false name and address. Another time I had to drive to Ballymun Garda Station with an obnoxious little cunt of a culchie student bird who turned the water works on for the Garda... to be fair he was sympathetic but made sure she paid... by CC on that occasion, back before I broke my sumup machine. Then I had the English lager louts last Saturday night trying to throw punches at me for asking for the fare... if that wasn't an account job I probably wouldn't have been paid.

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 12:32:03 pm »
 ::fight the problem is conditioning and deterrent....

Some spineless cnut let them away wit it before without reprimand ..... And now your gettin them puking on yur floor cause they think.its ok and nothing will happen.... They probably enjoy doing it....
You gotta teach that cnut a lesson for the next guy
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Show Unread Posts