Author Topic: Flag app update  (Read 18830 times)

Offline noshah.pk

• Valued Contributor
Re: Flag app update
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 06:02:12 pm »
I have ro say I am begining to have grave doubts about the ability of taxi drivers  to work on their own initiative.why the fuk do you need these people in your industry  ? Is it that you need to be told what to do ? Can you not find your own work ? What kind of fukking business men are you ?
I don't understand ur philosophy, everyone has smart phone, they might don't have mobile credit but they have internet to order taxi, cash jobs are good but I need to be realistic, if I don't work with app then its mean I m turning away business. So I have no idea what definition u have for business.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2019, 06:07:42 pm »
I got a call from Flag saying that they have atracted new investors, and will be starting a new marketing campaign. Think they need to market more in the suburbs where the demand is, and not just Matt The Thresher, and Fibber Mc Gees.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2019, 06:09:14 pm »
They don't all have smartphones. I know a few drivers who don't and don't want them... although the Cork boys might convert one next week!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2019, 06:10:12 pm »
The need for a booking facility for clients is obvious and essential, high heels, expensive hair dos, frocks, walking sticks etc.

I thought you were describing Ermys fetishes there!!

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2019, 06:11:04 pm »
Can't believe that Erm doesn't have a typing secretary.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

dalymount

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2019, 06:28:10 pm »
Nosha.pak my logic is simple .I believe the current list of dispatchers operating in the Irish taxi industry believe they are actually the drivers employers,rather then the other way round.these companies instruct drivers what to wear,how much to charge,and actually discipline drivers for giving back heavily discounted work.I even heard there are a whole range of other rules,and regulations these people lay down for drivers.they just dont seem to get it. The drivers employ them,not the other way round.could you imagine a situation where lets say I am a retailer and I go to my supplier for goods and he starts telling me what I can charge in my shop,or he tells when im in my shop I must wear a uniform bearing HIS logo,and he will discipline me for not doing what im told.now bear in mind im self employed,how long do you think this prick would last as my suppliet ?

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2019, 08:10:31 pm »
I'm with a traditional despatch company, no enforcement to wear a uniform, no sanction for rejecting any type of work. Traditional despatch companies will reduce to max 1 or 2, and maybe disappear altogether as the older citizens expire, and all the younger ones use the apps.

Offline noshah.pk

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2019, 08:22:00 pm »
I'm with a traditional despatch company, no enforcement to wear a uniform, no sanction for rejecting any type of work. Traditional despatch companies will reduce to max 1 or 2, and maybe disappear altogether as the older citizens expire, and all the younger ones use the apps.
They can't force you but they want you to wear them and lynk, VIP even charge you for uniform.
Mostly dispatch companies survive on Gov account jobs where u find no check and balance. U pay base fee plus per job % the list goes on companies like lynk.
So yes I m in favour of pay per job commission so want to see more pay per job commission.
Yes we don't need dispatch companies in first place but fact is now its reality u wont make money without them now a days.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2019, 08:28:56 pm »
They can't force you but they want you to wear them and lynk, VIP even charge you for uniform.
Mostly dispatch companies survive on Gov account jobs where u find no check and balance. U pay base fee plus per job % the list goes on companies like lynk.
So yes I m in favour of pay per job commission so want to see more pay per job commission.
Yes we don't need dispatch companies in first place but fact is now its reality u wont make money without them now a days.
If all the available work was back with the traditional companies, and drivers were as busy as they currently are with MyTaxi, they would be paying a lot less freight to the despatch companies than they are currently paying to MyTaxi.Hopefully Flag won't fail, and hopefully it will maintain it's pro driver attitude, and if it is successful, not sell out to someone else, but it has a mountain to climb it has to be said.  Marketing, and significant driver switch on is critical.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2019, 08:42:29 pm »
It promotes camaraderie, erm. That's a good thing IMO. I appreciate that post entry liberalisation scum won't have experienced that in the trade before but restoring it to whatever extent may prove possible is well worth a try.
Hear hear.
We used to have a code word on the old wireless pre de reg.
You'd be amazed how many drivers were into Hurling and Baseball.

john m

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2019, 09:14:48 pm »
WELCOME THEM ALL IN TO SHARE YOUR BOUNTY YOU FUCKING MORONS ..
Airbnb, the online accommodation portal, has signalled its intention to move into the transport market by appointing a top executive to lead the move.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2019, 10:16:04 pm »
Airbnb, the online accommodation portal, has signalled its intention to move into the transport market by appointing a top executive to lead
 the move.

Yu cant get annoyed wit technology john.
You got to embrace it

This generation ( your monied client) want everything through their phones .... As said i before they are addicts.... They want to press a button and have their new mot meet them in town, their dinner delivered, their taxi at the door.... Yu gotta move with the times...
You and I may have our  money made john but for many in the industry keeping  up wit the times is essential to survival....
The current monopoly on taxi apps is bad  for the drivers....
In fact ide defy anyone on here to successfully argue that it is a good situation for drivers to be in....

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2019, 10:35:50 pm »
Airbnb, the online accommodation portal, has signalled its intention to move into the transport market by appointing a top executive to lead the move.
Most Drivers don't have the luxury to  live in litter strewn council estates and only doing 16 hours a week are going with the least corrupt option.

Maybe it'll change after Brexit!! 8)

john m

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2019, 02:31:12 am »
Airbnb, the online accommodation portal, has signalled its intention to move into the transport market by appointing a top executive to lead
 the move.

You got to embrace it

This generation ( your monied client) want everything through their phones .... As said i before they are addicts.... They want to press a button and have their new mot meet them in town, their dinner delivered, their taxi at the door.... Yu gotta move with the times...
You and I may have our  money made john but for many in the industry keeping  up wit the times is essential to survival....
In fact ide defy anyone on here to successfully argue that it is a good situation for drivers to be in....

Hotels rent rooms they dont use Air BnB to sell their rooms .They are clever enough not to be giving over their customers to somebody who aims to compete with them .There is a lesson in there somewhere but dont expect taxi drivers to learn it .

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2019, 03:12:53 am »
 the move.

You got to embrace it

Hotels rent rooms they dont use Air BnB to sell their rooms .They are clever enough not to be giving over their customers to somebody who aims to compete with them .There is a lesson in there somewhere but dont expect taxi drivers to learn it .
Trivago, Hotel.com, Booking.com. All agencies where your room price is directly compared with and rented out with a moxy load of other hotels, and commission taken presumeably.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 03:17:42 am by Bob Shillin »

Show Unread Posts