Author Topic: Chasing Outstanding Fares  (Read 5183 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Chasing Outstanding Fares
« on: February 09, 2019, 04:32:08 pm »
I guess we've all had the odd job where for one reason or another the rider can't pay. I'm not talking about runners who won't pay but folk who are genuinely caught out or, perhaps, intended to pay by card and couldn't because your facility fails. I had an odd one last night on a mytaxi job. The rider thought it was on account but it was cash. We tried to change it to account but that didn't work, presumably because there was no money available on the card. We went to the bank and confirmed that the man was as broke as the erm after a week in the bookies.

However, he gave me his name, address and telephone number (which I had from the app anyway) and €3 off the now €20 fare, promising that he will pay the balance today. Struck me as a genuine enough sort of bloke so I agreed to his suggestion that he ring me when he's transferred money into the relevant account and we can use Pay By mytaxi to complete the transaction. As an aside, I have had one or two over the years that I concluded had no intention of paying at any later date despite offering such undertakings, given that relatively small sums were involved I turned the tables on them by telling them to donate it to Temple Street Hospital.

I have a couple of facilities for taking card payments over the phone or on the internet so I figured I'd pursue the outstanding amount using one of those rather than Pay By mytaxi. The one I settled on is Paypal. Nice and simple using a well established intermediary and one that is available to anybody with a Paypal account - which probably takes in everybody that has ever bought anything via eBay. Very simple process, I logged on to my Paypal account, created an invoice in a couple of minutes and copied the link to the invoice. The person paying the invoice doesn't need a Paypal account, just a card with money available. Anywaysanall, I sent him the link in an SMS so I fully expect to be paid in due course!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 04:34:59 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Chasing Outstanding Fares
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 05:04:54 pm »
Funny really - one for Hal - Over the course of last Evening's work I done 3 jobs from Darndale, 3 jobs from Moatview, 1 from Bonnybrook and 1 from Kilmore flats... and the only one with a payment problem lives in a gaff in Malahide in a privately developed (not council built) housing scheme!.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 05:09:01 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 05:12:04 pm »
Funny really - one for Hal - Over the course of last Evening's work I done 3 jobs from Darndale, 3 jobs from Moatview, 1 from Bonnybrook and 1 from Kilmore flats... and the only one with a payment problem lives in a gaff in Malahide in a privately developed (not council built) housing scheme!.

Do you work them kips ratti in your new car ?
I'll see ya next week yu can have me  old tazer... I got an upgrad  to 50,000 volts an half an amp......
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 05:20:43 pm »
Malahide? No bodder, sure me shitebox nua is filthy now so not nua anymore, just a tool of the trade!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 05:25:53 pm »
In fact, if it wasn't for the bitta rain during the week the (offside rear) outside of me shitebox would still be coated in last Saturday night's puke!

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 05:26:26 pm »
do you work The 'Hide regularly.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 05:34:14 pm »
Only in passing.

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 05:36:18 pm »
I was actually thinking bout Autonomous taxis the other nite in darndale we'r I got stoned a couple yers ago..... I don't like the cul de sac lack of an exit ..... I know it's off topic.. But.... I came to the conclusion..... That they will never able to run them in Dublin or for that matter anywhere in the world is ....
Because all the guriors.....
All the mugger / vandals /rapist.  Has to do is step out in front of a robot car an it'll
Stop an get an accomplice to step out behind it.... And wallahhh...  The taxi won't move cause the robot isn't allowed  kill a human (yet).... An the assailants can mug the passengers and burn out the car...
But we as humans are allowed run over the cunts if the health of our passengers or us is in danger.....

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 05:39:14 pm »
I wonder has uber or Google daimler ever thought of that one?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 05:40:01 pm »
Car burnt out in Ferrycarraig last night, quite early in the evening... another one up by the patch on Tuesday or Wednesday evening... and I was just thinking to myself on Monday that it was a few weeks since I'd seen one.

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 06:32:35 pm »
Car burnt out in Ferrycarraig last night, quite early in the evening... another one up by the patch on Tuesday or Wednesday evening... and I was just thinking to myself on Monday that it was a few weeks since I'd seen one.
Taxi or car?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 08:12:26 pm »
do you work The 'Hide regularly.
I'm Checkers we called it the Mal.
Which is Spanish for BAD.
P.s CABRA is Spanish for GOAT! 8)

Offline IrishTim1

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 10:36:24 pm »

There was 3 burned out cars on the darndale road in the early hours of last Sunday morning. I thought all that craic died out years ago!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 03:39:38 am »

There was 3 burned out cars on the darndale road in the early hours of last Sunday morning. I thought all that craic died out years ago!

Kids got fed up playing on the swings and slides that were put in....well they didn't get fed up...they wrecked them...and that was everybody elses fault so they rob cars to protest the neglect they feel!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 03:27:47 pm »
Boys will be boys, I guess.

Back when I was a young lad being dragged up in Coolock Joyriding was commonplace, a nightly occurrence with burnt out cars all over the place. In fact, my father drove company cars in the 70s when there weren't that many decent motors on the road and they were always executive type motors, max 2yo Granadas, Audis and such like... I remember a lad asking him how often he (actually, the company he worked for) changed his car... every time it's robbed, says he!

In recent years I've heard residents of Darndale and surrounding areas complain of their housing schemes being terrorised by joyriding gangs and such like and I've been pretty dismissive of it. I work those areas frequently so I know it's nothing like it was when I was a young lad as far as joyriding goes. The gangs roaming the streets these days are more into drugs than anything else.

Darndale residents, in particular, play a good game as far as publicity goes.. they know their ex neighbours who've moved away to what they believe to be middle class areas (and may have been before they arrived!) love to tell all and sundry how bad their natural habitats are so they join in and milk it for all it's worth. You don't get community centres, playing fields, parklands, swings/slides, etc if there's no perceived need for such investment.

However, there has been an increase in burnt out cars in recent months. A colleague of Mrs. Catcher had her car stolen and burnt out and was told by Gardai that gangs in Coolock, Ballymun and Finglas have cracked the key codes for cars like the one she owned, essentially advising her not to buy another similar one. All I know about the car is that it was a Jap import (not a Prius) and it was white!

Show Unread Posts