Author Topic: working for my taxi in Dublin without the Dublin licence.  (Read 26597 times)

Offline Tony

Re: working for my taxi in Dublin without the Dublin licence.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 10:31:58 am »
How many of you have picked up outside your licenced area via mybollix? I know I have many a time
Mr. T-bag to you

dalymount

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 10:53:07 am »
Here is another aspect to this.have you ever noticed that most of the multi area licenced holders are African.some time ago somebody delved into how they had multi area licences,and the answer was,that because they were being racially abused on ranks in Dublin,they were awarded licences to work other counties as well. WITHOUT DOING A TEST

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 10:58:04 am »
the answer was,that because they were being racially abused on ranks in Dublin,they were awarded licences to work other counties as well. WITHOUT DOING A TEST

why is that? are people less likely to be racist if they don't live in Dublin?

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 01:28:04 pm »
Here is another aspect to this.have you ever noticed that most of the multi area licenced holders are African.some time ago somebody delved into how they had multi area licences,and the answer was,that because they were being racially abused on ranks in Dublin,they were awarded licences to work other counties as well. WITHOUT DOING A TEST
Actually it was t’udder way round. The blicks were being abused in Louth, Meath, Kildare, Carlow etc etc and they got Dublin Licences

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 01:37:28 pm »
Actually Balbriggan was outside the old Dublin meter area and was under Louth/Drogheda licencing area. When Dublin area became Dublin County, Balbriggan drivers became Dublin licences. The Wicklow licence option was offered to Dublin licenced drivers at the same time. As Rat pointed out, the old meter area extended into  Kildare and Meath but we weren`t offered quid pro quo there.

dalymount

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2019, 02:08:01 pm »
Vikkiz regardless of which way around it was,the fact remains that these people were awarded licences to operate in areas in which they had not done a test for.that is discrimination towards native irish drivers.in addition to that,when these people apply for a taxi licence,they are only vetted from the date of their arrival in this country,unlike irish drivers who are vetted from the date of their birth.another case of blatant discrimination against irish drivers

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 02:12:34 pm »
Vikkiz regardless of which way around it was,the fact remains that these people were awarded licences to operate in areas in which they had not done a test for.that is discrimination towards native irish drivers.in addition to that,when these people apply for a taxi licence,they are only vetted from the date of their arrival in this country,unlike irish drivers who are vetted from the date of their birth.another case of blatant discrimination against irish drivers

lol

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2019, 02:23:50 pm »
We can’t be discriminated as you say.
It’s only the minority that can be discriminated.
Boss

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2019, 02:44:49 pm »
So are you saying that you have no problem with these people not being subjected to the same licensing criteria as native Irish drivers ?

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2019, 02:50:56 pm »
Era I’d say that’s a story that grew legs.
Like the ones where the NN left the buggy at the bus stop and sez sur she will get another one from the HSE, or they were giving out free cars.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2019, 03:05:06 pm »
Like the ones where the NN left the buggy at the bus stop and sez sur she will get another one from the HSE, or they were giving out free cars.

Seriously Jack...the amount of buggys i've seen left at bus stops...the mind boggles!!

dalymount

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2019, 03:39:27 pm »
Well Jack while I agree with you about the buggy stories,this one happens to be true.these people DID claim they were subjected toto racial abuse,and therefore found it impossible to carry out their duties at various rural locations,so the NTA did indeed  award them licences to operate in Dublin,and other areas

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2019, 04:05:52 pm »

Seriously Jack...the amount of buggys i've seen left at bus stops...the mind boggles!!

That's actually a true story, I was on the bus that day. I have mentioned it before over on Roys

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2019, 04:33:13 pm »
Well Jack while I agree with you about the buggy stories,this one happens to be true.these people DID claim they were subjected toto racial abuse,and therefore found it impossible to carry out their duties at various rural locations,so the NTA did indeed  award them licences to operate in Dublin,and other areas
Well actually it wasn’t even racial abuse they suffered. The locals, in the locals, didn’t want the non local drivers bringing them home from the local, so the non local drivers weren’t able to make money in their taxi(Not their taxi,someone else’s taxi that they rented, probably a local) The non local drivers complained that the locals were skipping by the non local drivers on the ranks and taking the local drivers and the non local drivers put this down to racism and therefore got licences for other areas

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2019, 04:45:35 pm »
Other stories going around sur about NN giving HSE cheques to garages to buy taxis.

Show Unread Posts