Author Topic: Failed NCt  (Read 22497 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Failed NCt
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2019, 12:06:49 pm »
I haven't spent any money on me taxi in ages.I'm expecting to fail on suspension on the next NCT in two weeks.I was gonna fix it but I think I'll let them find the fault this time.If I fix beforehand they'll make a problem somewhere else.

john m

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2019, 12:18:39 pm »
With Brexit and the £ nearing all time lows if I had coin available and was driving a ten year old motor I would consider going to the Uk and buying .Once cars go over a certain age as a taxi they can become deep holes for eating up your coin .The SGs has now become a pain if you have a roen cover or shabby paintwork they are gunning for you .You could spend a grand a year to keep an older car on the road .Better to put that twords a newer motor than keeping an older youke on the road .

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2019, 12:22:38 pm »
Sound advice JM, unfortunately the purse is a little dry at the moment will just have to nurse my auld one along for the moment
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2019, 12:32:55 pm »
Erm we drive fukkin Toyotas how many times do ya have to be told.Them less reliable motors you buy are the money pits.There's a reason the Taliban drive Toyotas and not Skodas or Renaults or whatever shite Tony buys..

My baby is 13.5 years old.Costs fuk all to maintain(maybe 200 a year) compared to the 2500 per year I'd be spending to replace it .I'm determined to make it last another 18 months.That's another 4k I'll save just by doing nothing.I'm good at that.

And I have access to the cash to buy but it seems wasteful when it doesn't let me down.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 12:37:27 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2019, 12:45:41 pm »
Erm we drive fukkin Toyotas how many times do ya have to be told.Them less reliable motors you buy are the money pits.There's a reason the Taliban drive Toyotas and not Skodas or Renaults or whatever shite Tony buys..

My baby is 13.5 years old.Costs fuk all to maintain(maybe 200 a year) compared to the 2500 per year I'd be spending to replace it .I'm determined to make it last another 18 months.That's another 4k I'll save just by doing nothing.I'm good at that.

And I have access to the cash to buy but it seems wasteful when it doesn't let me down.
+1 , no point in ordering our last supper until we are called for the execution

john m

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2019, 12:49:31 pm »
I got rid of Satans Scoda 08 became a money pit .With the £ solow and before Stuttery Paggo decides to up the Duty on Imports it might be the right time to change if you have the coin .Sometimes it just costs to much and reliability makes it false eonomy to try to hang on .Its horses for courses if your happy with your wheels then why change .

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2019, 12:56:37 pm »
The currency savings wouldn't be enough to   warrant dumping a decent motor IMO.If things go down the toilet as expected car prices won't be increasing as there will be lots of unemployed folks giving them back to the finance companies.Too many variables for me.

john m

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2019, 01:33:38 pm »
The currency savings wouldn't be enough to   warrant dumping a decent motor IMO.If things go down the toilet as expected car prices won't be increasing as there will be lots of unemployed folks giving them back to the finance companies.Too many variables for me.

good point repossessed might go for small coin .

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2019, 01:39:18 pm »
Recession = No Money for luxuries = Cheap Cars ?

Offline Tony

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2019, 02:25:37 pm »
Just wait till after they decide what to do with brexit, they will be failing all cars that have the speedos in miles. All cars must be in kilometres, clocks and digital readings
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2019, 02:34:45 pm »
Just wait till after they decide what to do with brexit, they will be failing all cars that have the speedos in miles. All cars must be in kilometres, clocks and digital readings
Interesting insight , all the more reason to keep me 2007 Irish Avensis on the go.

Offline Belker

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2019, 07:13:30 am »
Went for NCT again yesterday, failed on Imbalance on Front Suspension, 2 new shocks for me 07 Avensis, should see me through until It has to retire in 2022, or I die before then
You should ask your bookie fer odds on wheter you will make it to 2022 or not ?
If'n your over 60 then probably he will offer you 5/6 your choice.

Have 6K to win 5K on 'Live' and if'n ya make it then your 'Quids In' !
And if'n ya don't make it, Fook 'em, Who cares !!

Offline Belker

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2019, 07:37:05 am »
Depreciation cost on my 08 Avensis this year is Zero, it is worth only Scrap, when I trade up in 2022/3 my 08 Avensis will still be worth only Scrap.
Why would I bother trading up early and taking on a car loan and depreciation costs when what I have does the job adequately ?
My repair/NCT/Suitability/Valet bill so far this year is at 1939Euro, almost 8 months in to the year.

A Renter paying on average 250Euro per week would have that much paid within the First 2 months of the year !

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2019, 07:52:02 am »
Strangely enough Belker that sounds kinda high to me.If your spending that much consistently I'd consider upgrading sooner.A hybrid should save you at least another 50 a week combined with lower repair bills.

Offline Belker

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2019, 07:57:47 am »
My Bills include NCT/Suitability and everything else that a renter would possibly not pay fer.

Show Unread Posts