Author Topic: HEY DICKHEADS  (Read 19689 times)

john m

Re: HEY DICKHEADS
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 08:23:05 pm »
yes i bought a WAT, why?

you ring a hackney for a lift. why would an app be needed?

Hacks have to be prebooked Im not sure you can legally ring the car .So when your WAT is old and has to be replaced you have to replace it with another WAT probably no grant and if the Brits leave the EU probably not many imports .So will you pony up 30K for a new WAT or would you hack a partworn Scoda ?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 08:30:06 pm »
yes you ring the hackney driver and ask him to collect you at 12 at the pub or collect me in 10 minutes etc.

i wont need a grant, a second hand WAT is not expensive, 12,000-14,000 will get you a good  4 or 5 year old WAT.

these kind of grants (WAT) don't last forever same as the insurance grant might not last forever.

john m

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2019, 08:34:42 pm »
I wouldnt be to certain about getting used WATS in future .Here is another thing for the clever man .Hack up a part worn Scoda get the government to part pay your SPSV insurance for 3 years then buy yourseld a WAT ring the insurers and tell them you have a full 3 year NCB .Government subsidising your future competition .

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2019, 08:41:41 pm »
i have years left in my WAT, will be running it into the ground.

i doubt rural area hacks can say they have 3 years experience if only driving as a rural area hackney. sure i was talking to a guy who had the 2 years experience driving a taxi full time for a taxi company, he then went to get insurance in his own name and was told buy the insurers he needed the 2 years experience in his own name.

john m

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2019, 08:48:39 pm »
i have years left in my WAT, will be running it into the ground.

i doubt rural area hacks can say they have 3 years experience if only driving as a rural area hackney. sure i was talking to a guy who had the 2 years experience driving a taxi full time for a taxi company, he then went to get insurance in his own name and was told buy the insurers he needed the 2 years experience in his own name.
Correct but they  will have SPSV insurance in your own name part paid for by the government out of your licence renewal fees .

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2019, 08:53:44 pm »
i have seen a good few taxi drivers leave the job in the last few years, most of them because they got sick of it, not everyone is going to give taxi driving a go and fall in love with it, its an ok job but its not for everyone, most people would rather stick pins in their eyes than work all night listening to drunks talking $hite, threatening you, dropping curry chips all over your car, throwing up all over your back seat, hitting you, fighting with you over a euro or refusing to pay the fare at all.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:57:24 pm by taxi1990 »

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2019, 10:32:25 pm »
So you still think that people are just going to go out at 11:30 Monday to Thursday to drive a few drunk people home for a few quid, and do the same on a Friday and Saturday, when they realize how detrimental it is to their mental health they won’t do it for very long, no matter how much the NTA pay for their insurance

john m

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2019, 10:20:34 am »
Just off the phone .The Dep of Trans and DCC are monitoring bus lanes to gauge congestion at peak hours from other vehicles using them .There is under review allowing taxies and Municipal vehicles (bin Lorries )use of the lanes during peak time .3 taxies take up the same space as one bus .The taxies can transport 12 passengers while a bus can carry 96? The topic under review is to allocate an Express Bus lane status to some bus lanes that will restrict their use to Bus only during peak times .Taxies will be allowed to pick up or drop off only in these designated lanes but not travel .The thinking is if the bus lanes were faster more people would use them reducing the number of private vehicles on the road and provide extra space for taxies and bicycles .This survey is ongoing and the results are to be known before hundreds of millions are spent on new bus corridor's .There seems to be a realization that building bus lanes only encourages taxies to clog them up .

Now being the sort of rational cunt I am .If taxies are removed from the express bus lanes then a taxi has no real advantage in traffic so why get one especially if you can get a cheaper hack >anybody seeing a plan here .If you want to block up bus lanes at peak time encourage taxi drivers to work peak times .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2019, 10:26:10 am »
Hegelian Dialectic:

Problem-Reaction-Solution...........create the problem with a solution in mind and wait for the reaction..........then implement that solution.....Titanic.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2019, 10:29:59 am »
Who says the hack is cheeper than a taxi

john m

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 10:39:11 am »
Who says the hack is cheeper than a taxi

My taxi will set the price until they have dominance .I also heard that the UK based Go Bus requested a review of the bus lane usage before they agreed to bid for Dublin Bus routes .

dalymount

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 11:54:23 am »
Seriously considering whether or not to buy a new car..I do realize im fighting a lone loosing battle regarding dispatchers,but while I accept that the way things are going,it will become ether compulsory,or necessary to align myself,my hatred for being told what to do as a self employed person ,and bowing the knee to radio company bullys,is greater then my desire to carry on ,well I will go on for another while yet,and see how it pand out

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 11:55:30 am »
Keep fighting.........what else is there?

john m

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 12:00:58 pm »
Seriously considering whether or not to buy a new car..I do realize im fighting a lone loosing battle regarding dispatchers,but while I accept that the way things are going,it will become ether compulsory,or necessary to align myself,my hatred for being told what to do as a self employed person ,and bowing the knee to radio company bullys,is greater then my desire to carry on ,well I will go on for another while yet,and see how it pand out

Frankie once said its a part time gig .Get what you need out of it if you can .Im 57 and I would jump at a job with no work for small coin and taxi at the weekend .I was out visiting a friend on Tuesday ranks of cars at Christchurch and Clondalkin Villlage and about 30 cars on Heuston at 110c .WHAT FOR ? Think of any other industry where your licence fee is paid out to your competition with WAT grants and now subsidized insurance .
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 12:10:10 pm by john m »

dalymount

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 01:02:48 pm »
John its only a part time jig because drivers allowed that to happen,in the same way that people (taxi drivers) appear to be incapable of working on their own initiative,and need a feeling that they are employed by these radio companies.they have brought about a situation whereby drivers who DO want to work independently,no longer can.the days of independent drivers is over all because drivers could not work on their own,and will eventually run independent drivers out

Show Unread Posts