Author Topic: HEY DICKHEADS  (Read 19935 times)

john m

HEY DICKHEADS
« on: February 27, 2019, 07:18:57 pm »
GRANT aid to cover the cost of insurance for rural hackney drivers will be provided under a pilot scheme in a bid to boost the number of rural taxis.

The National Transport Authority (NTA) will roll out pilots in the coming months in 17 areas where there are currently no taxi or hackney services that will cover the cost of insurance for community or private services.

A recent clampdown on drink-driving and learner drivers driving unaccompanied has sparked intense debate about how best to provide transport across rural Ireland.

Take-up in a special rural Ireland hackney licence is extremely low with just 13 such licenses approved nationwide.

CEO of the NTA Anne Graham told an Oireachtas Transport Committee that the slow take-up is due to the high cost of insurance.  The committee heard that the cost of insurance could be as high as €8,000 per year.

The pilot scheme would see the costs covered based on certain conditions which would allow the NTA to see that the service is being provided as envisaged, by checking bookings from the previous month.

Ms Graham said the scheme must be teased out to ensure that it does not undermine existing services and to allow the agency to better estimate the costs.

She said the initiative could go a long way toward meeting the travel demand in isolated communities.

However, Ms Graham said there is work underway to identify gaps in public transport across the State but said the NTA does not have a national database which shows what areas don’t have access to any public transport.

There is no timeline for the service to come online but it is a number of months away and a budget has not been outlined for the project to date.

The application process to apply for a rural hackney license will also be overhauled in a bid to encourage uptake.

ADVERTISEMENT
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 07:22:13 pm by john m »

john m

Re: HEY DICKHEADS
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 07:20:36 pm »
[font=verdanaGRANT aid to cover the cost of insurance for rural hackney drivers will be provided under a pilot scheme in a bid to boost the number of rural taxis.

The National Transport Authority (NTA) will roll out pilots in the coming months in 17 areas where there are currently no taxi or hackney services that will cover the cost of insurance for community or private services.

A recent clampdown on drink-driving and learner drivers driving unaccompanied has sparked intense debate about how best to provide transport across rural Ireland.

Take-up in a special rural Ireland hackney licence is extremely low with just 13 such licenses approved nationwide.

CEO of the NTA Anne Graham told an Oireachtas Transport Committee that the slow take-up is due to the high cost of insurance.  The committee heard that the cost of insurance could be as high as €8,000 per year.

The pilot scheme would see the costs covered based on certain conditions which would allow the NTA to see that the service is being provided as envisaged, by checking bookings from the previous month.

Ms Graham said the scheme must be teased out to ensure that it does not undermine existing services and to allow the agency to better estimate the costs.

She said the initiative could go a long way toward meeting the travel demand in isolated communities.

However, Ms Graham said there is work underway to identify gaps in public transport across the State but said the NTA does not have a national database which shows what areas don’t have access to any public transport.

There is no timeline for the service to come online but it is a number of months away and a budget has not been outlined for the project to date.

The application process to apply for a rural hackney license will also be overhauled in a bid to encourage uptake.

ADVERTISEMENT
][/font]
[/color]

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 07:34:27 pm »
Will they have their area village sticker on the roof? 
Not that'll matter wit mytaxi providing the app....
Hate to say but the game is up.....
We fuked alrite
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 07:35:39 pm »
Hi Guys
      Great news your licence fees will now be plowed back into the industry to subsidise your competition .

Love .Anne .

john m

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 07:39:33 pm »
They chased the BoBo and handed over control .I warned yis on Roys WORKCAPTURE everything I said was right .If your under 50 get out or follow the Legends advise its a part time gig .With rural hacks taking the culshy work expect to see more rentals working the bigger cities .I remember one dickhead calling me out when I said dispatchers would have fleets of WATS and get a grant for every one .

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 07:43:00 pm »
Hi Guys
      Great news your licence fees will now be plowed back into the industry to subsidise your competition .

Love .Anne .

Somebody is after getting a huge  big fukin brown envelope johnny.... Into the cayman islands ide imagine....
Like Wat Cameron got off uber.........
Be careful Wat ya put up here now.... The Irish government ain't yur boss no more

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 07:51:30 pm »
The writing was in the review .Minister said he wanted ALL drivers aligned to a dispatcher and ALL taxies cashless .To achieve that he needs DISPATCHERS not taxies .Next move is to remove Diesels from Cities .I know at present there is a congestion in buslane survey being undertaken .Dep of Trans want to know if they restrict other users from bus lanes at peak times would that speed up the bus and increase useage .You wont read about that on the internet .The assessment is being done to achieve a cost based annalasis for the new buslanes .There is a question from a certain City Manager to ask if bus lanes are increased will it encourage more taxi trips and negate the improvement to service .

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 07:52:14 pm »
at least its not ride share. and i doubt it will be through an app.

john m

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 07:56:35 pm »
at least its not ride share. and i doubt it will be through an app.

Wake the fuck up .If they subsidise rural hacks taxi drivers will apply and then rent out their taxi to some Indian,African or Paristani .to work dublin and compete with you .It will certaintly be through the app .Metaxi or some other app will be given the authority as perscribed in the legislation to recomend a driver .Who do you think is going to cover the discounted HSE work and pay commission .Not a taxi driver paying Full insurance costs .

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 08:02:57 pm »
i dont work in dublin. i work in a rural town, i wouldnt rent my taxi to some guy in dublin, you are far better off with a taxi than a hackney, i can get calls from customers or be hailed on the street or work the ranks.john you are way too pessimistic about these things, i remember reading an article in the paper a few years ago, some taxi driver in longford was worried the new local area hackney licence would put him out of business, Take-up in a special rural Ireland hackney licence is extremely low with just 13 such licenses approved nationwide.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 08:07:16 pm »
there is no need for an app to be involved with this at all, these guys will be working local areas so will be known, have a few business cards made up and hand them out.

taxis were worried about local link buses as well, sure you will have a few hippies using the local link buses but i still get plenty of business and them hippies would have never got a taxi anyway, they will pay 1 euro for a short trip or walk.

john m

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 08:12:26 pm »
You are missing the point compleatly .The State do not have the money to provide proper rural transport so they will provide the cheapest option .If they can get cheap hacks to do runs from the bus stop that stops on rthe main road but dosent run into town or get the localhacked up Hiace to pick up kids for school or old dolls for day care that is what they will do .This is a RURAL EMPLOYMENT SCHEME it is also a TOURISM SCHEME it is also a GET A DRUNK HOME SCHEME but what it really is is A VOTE WINNER .Plenty of farmers or dairymen would jump at this scheme especially if they can write off the costs against earnings .Dont be fooled into thinking this is about rural transport this is about rural intergration of services at the lowest cost to the state .The School Bus Fleet is in bits so is the ambulance fleet tourists cant get from the hotel to the town .How many unemployable locals do you think will give it a go sure if it dosent work whats the harm .Be carefull .

john m

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 08:15:45 pm »
there is no need for an app to be involved with this at all, these guys will be working local areas so will be known, have a few business cards made up and hand them out.

taxis were worried about local link buses as well, sure you will have a few hippies using the local link buses but i still get plenty of business and them hippies would have never got a taxi anyway, they will pay 1 euro for a short trip or walk.

Your not at this long are you .What are the rules for engaging a Hack .?

john m

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 08:17:35 pm »
@1990 Did you buy a WAT to enter this game ?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 08:19:34 pm »
yes i bought a WAT, why?

you ring a hackney for a lift. why would an app be needed?

Show Unread Posts