Author Topic: cheltenham  (Read 9355 times)

john m

cheltenham
« on: March 04, 2019, 10:38:33 am »
Had a lad works for Jessie Harington in the car yesyerday .He said that you should avoid backing for big money in the Chase races at cheltenham .That the weather has been so dry and the ground so hard that some chasers have not jumped a fence in races or training since Christmas .Trainers dont want them jarred up on firm ground so they might be a bit rusty .He said Samcro is supposed to be working well again and that he might be Gordon Elliotts Champion Hurdle horse and Apples Jade might go for the Mares hurdle instead. Samcro is about 10/1 with paddy power .Powers will give you back your money if your horse finishes 2nd 3rd or 4th in any race on the first day to a ten euro stake .Might be worth a tenner @10/1 four chances .

The Liffey Lip

Re: cheltenham
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 10:44:24 am »
A fiver on every Mullins horse would see you make profit............you might need 80 fivers though to do it though.

john m

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 10:47:52 am »
A fiver on every Mullins horse would see you make profit............you might need 80 fivers though to do it though.

mullins dosent seem to have the ammo this year but his handicappers might do well .

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 01:12:06 pm »
Don't think they'll be aiming at the Champion Hurdle with Samcro,maybe the Stayers??

john m

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 01:55:57 pm »
Just reporting what I was told and it was he runs in the Champion .10/1 getting paid your money back first four might be a nice sort of free throw on the first day .I got a small bit of 5/2 Bouvadair If apples jade runs in the mares he will be odds on .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 02:22:53 pm »
Paddies Day is on the Sunday... covering the losses should come easy enough.

Offline Belker

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 08:00:10 am »
I heard that John M was proposing a Forum 6 horse Heinz type of bet fer Cheltenham.

I would disagree with the Heinz 57 as it involves 15 Doubles and there is No money in Doubles,
I would suggest 20 Win Trebles, 15 Win Quads, 6 EW Quins and a Half-Doubled-up EW Accer = 50 bets.

If we can get Six entrants all with their own One selection at Fifty a pop then we could do the 300Euro bet at a Six Euro stake ?

john m

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 12:13:59 pm »
Ok Ken lets pick one each 6 players and each of us places the bet for whatever stake they want .Ill kick it odd

Bouvadair in the Champion @15/8 I dont think Apples Jade will run in it and I dont think she jumps well enough for a race at this pace '

john m

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 04:35:36 pm »
Samcro non runner he broke down in a bit of work today .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 04:46:44 pm »
Broke down... is it a car or a horse?

john m

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 05:45:19 pm »
Broke down... is it a car or a horse?

Its a technical term for bolloxed applies to both .Final bit of fast work before Chelt he pulled up bolloxed .The free throw get your tenner back first four places with paddy power .Have a look at the Mares hurdle three horses under 5/4 one or two of them will run in other race so value EW one of the big priced ones with the chance of a refund .

My next bet is Apples Jade @4/1 for the stayers NR no bet .If she runs in it she will be fav .Dont think she will run in the Champion .New rules this year horse cannot run twice at the festival .

Offline Belker

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 04:23:50 am »
I'll take Daylight Katie in the Bumper @ 20/1.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 10:59:25 pm »
Guy paid €10 for a €5 fare to Burlo. Said " 7th horse, 3rd race Cheltenham Thursday".
Worth a punt??
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 02:13:45 pm »
As good as any you'll get here from anyone else..........and all free and gratis........

Offline Belker

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 07:06:25 am »
Guy paid €10 for a €5 fare to Burlo. Said " 7th horse, 3rd race Cheltenham Thursday".
Worth a punt??
That makes No sense !
The 3rd race on Thursday is the Ryanair chase.

But what does "7th horse" mean ?
There is no horse in the race with a 7 in his name,
and the Seventh horse in the betting changes on a daily basis.
The horses numbers are allocated at the 24 hour overnight stage,
so what does he mean by "7th horse" ?

Show Unread Posts