Author Topic: cheltenham  (Read 9358 times)

john m

Re: cheltenham
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2019, 08:51:14 pm »
Another Annie Power moment from Ruby... corrupt as fuck since he started working for Paddypower.com.

What difference would it make to Paddy Power .com those cunts wont take a bet .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2019, 01:32:20 pm »
They'll take bets on losing accounts.. I guess little strokes like that help ensure losing accounts continue to lose, always plenty of multiples on Ruby. I must dig out the argument Ruby had with John McCririck a few years ago about the place of gambling in racing... before he became a kept lowlife hypocrite.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2019, 01:33:54 pm »
Everyone knows there'd be no racing without gambling....the horse is the Trojan horse so to speak.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2019, 01:40:24 pm »
Punters pay bookmakers to make bookmakers rich... I think he said:

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 01:45:40 pm »
Ted Walsh was no slouch either. "Barney was  a great man....total gent".....Yellow Sam......

john m

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 01:47:44 pm »
Sean Mulryan Irish Billionaire just won the last race and he is the sponsor of the race through his betting firm Bet Way .When builders are investing in Bookies you know where the money is made or laundered .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2019, 01:49:42 pm »
Roschhhommon and fools is an Oxymoron.....

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2019, 02:21:17 pm »
Didn't work out too well for Rich Richie, erm:

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/racing/rich-ricci-defends-betbright-decision-2638050

Rich Ricci defends BetBright decision as Benie Des Dieux falls in Cheltenham Festival misery

His horse, Benie Des Dieux. fell at the last in the Mares' Hurdle at Cheltenham Festival 2019

ByTom SeymourAidan McCartney
17:03, 12 MAR 2019
SPORT

A bad week for Rich Ricci got even worse on day one of the 2019 Cheltenham Festival when odds on favourite Benie Des Dieux fell at the last in the Mares’ Hurdle.

Jockey Ruby Walsh appeared to be leading the Willie Mullins-trained horse to victory and the defence of the crown she won at Prestbury Park last year.

Yet just as with Annie Power in the Mares’ Hurdle in 2015, Walsh tumbled at the last, allowing 10/1 Roksana to run to victory.

Ricci owns Benie Des Dieux (and also owned Annie Power in 2015) and had to watch on as history repeated itself in the same week that he has received criticism for his involvement in the closure of now defunct bookmakers BetBright.

The company decided to refund stakes on all ante-post bets placed with them after selling their technology to rival firm 888.com.

This caused outrage with some customers, who had placed bets with long odds on horses set to run at Cheltenham this week, for example.

“It's been a very difficult week,” Ricci told ITV Racing after the Mares’ Hurdle.

“The directors acted in the interest of all of their shareholders, stakeholders, customers, creditors, whatever. That's all I can say about it.

“The directors of the company - of which I'm not one, however, I was supportive of the actions they took - acted in the best interests.

“No one feels good about it. It happens in business. People have lost their jobs. People have lost money. There is no profit gained by anyone else. It's just a difficult situation and we're just trying to do the best for everyone. We'll see what happens.

“It's unique circumstances. The company has its own issues and its own reasons for doing things.”

john m

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2019, 02:26:42 pm »
Didn't work out too well for Rich Richie, erm:

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/racing/rich-ricci-defends-betbright-decision-2638050

Rich Ricci defends BetBright decision as Benie Des Dieux falls in Cheltenham Festival misery

His horse, Benie Des Dieux. fell at the last in the Mares' Hurdle at Cheltenham Festival 2019

ByTom SeymourAidan McCartney
17:03, 12 MAR 2019
SPORT

A bad week for Rich Ricci got even worse on day one of the 2019 Cheltenham Festival when odds on favourite Benie Des Dieux fell at the last in the Mares’ Hurdle.

Jockey Ruby Walsh appeared to be leading the Willie Mullins-trained horse to victory and the defence of the crown she won at Prestbury Park last year.

Yet just as with Annie Power in the Mares’ Hurdle in 2015, Walsh tumbled at the last, allowing 10/1 Roksana to run to victory.

Ricci owns Benie Des Dieux (and also owned Annie Power in 2015) and had to watch on as history repeated itself in the same week that he has received criticism for his involvement in the closure of now defunct bookmakers BetBright.

The company decided to refund stakes on all ante-post bets placed with them after selling their technology to rival firm 888.com.

This caused outrage with some customers, who had placed bets with long odds on horses set to run at Cheltenham this week, for example.

“It's been a very difficult week,” Ricci told ITV Racing after the Mares’ Hurdle.

“The directors acted in the interest of all of their shareholders, stakeholders, customers, creditors, whatever. That's all I can say about it.

“The directors of the company - of which I'm not one, however, I was supportive of the actions they took - acted in the best interests.

“No one feels good about it. It happens in business. People have lost their jobs. People have lost money. There is no profit gained by anyone else. It's just a difficult situation and we're just trying to do the best for everyone. We'll see what happens.

“It's unique circumstances. The company has its own issues and its own reasons for doing things.”

Killed that company when they laid Faugheen at best odds knowing he was injured and would not run in the Champion .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2019, 02:31:31 pm »
It was a novel set up for a bookies. Based in Ireland but didn't bet in Euros, Sterling only. Initially based on a not so clever computer program that scraped Betfair Exchange odds and tried to replicate them, frequently advertised under-round books in the very early days. The concept, if memory serves, was that it would be a bookie for professionals i.e. it wouldn't close winning accounts... all based on the theory that it could lay off on Betfair to negate risk. Not sure where the profit was ever going to come from though... oh wait, it didn't come from anywhere!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 02:35:38 pm by Rat Catcher »

john m

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2019, 02:37:12 pm »
It was a novel set up for a bookies. Based in Ireland but didn't bet in Euros, Sterling only. Initially based on a not so clever computer program that scraped Betfair Exchange odds and tried to replicate them, frequently advertised under-round books in the very early days. The concept, if memory serves, was that it would be a bookie for professionals i.e. it wouldn't close winning accounts... all based on the theory that it could lay off on Betfair to negate risk. Not sure where the profit was ever going to come from though... oh wait, it didn't come from anywhere!

Is there any profit in laundering money ?Betting under round back the field .Bookie takes the comission .Simple really .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2019, 02:43:34 pm »
For money laundering you need an over-round book, as is the norm. I'd say moist bookies are involved in money laundering... naturally they'll all claim that any such involvement is unwitting. Obviously, anyone who know how paddypower or Boylesports work will know that they are obviously complicit.

Show Unread Posts