Author Topic: They at it again  (Read 8932 times)

Online watty

Re: They at it again
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 06:12:35 pm »
I usually post a 'high 'em high' comment so I'll just post this link.  And run for cover  lol

Violent crime: decades of research shows punishing ‘risky’ young people does not work – here’s what does

So what works?
There are promising approaches to be found in the UK and abroad. In Scotland, for example, the government treats youth violence as a health issue that is both treatable and preventable. This approach addresses the underlying causes of violence, and opens up the possibility of conversation between young people “at risk” of violence and a variety of agencies from the health care, education and housing sectors.

While some elements of the approach include more punitive measures - such as increases in stop and search and mandatory sentences – these were not the driving force behind the reduction in violent crime, but rather one part of a broader approach. The most successful parts of the strategy saw bereaved relatives talking about the impact of violence as part of a wider education campaign, a range of community activities organised for young people, and support for young people to move forward, including advice on housing, employment and training.

It’s crucial to embrace a positive, rights-based, children first philosophy that doesn’t stigmatise or label young people, but rather works to address the social welfare difficulties they’re facing in their daily lives.

Written by two academic criminologists  C:-)

dalymount

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 07:17:33 pm »
As far as,im concerned the responsibility for bringing up these children properly lies squarely at the door of the perents,who need to teach them respect for others.
I grew up in the tenements in Dublin city centre,in a very rough part of the city.I know a lot of the lads I grew up with,took a different road in life,and thats unfortunate .some ended up behind bars,some are dead,etc its what you make of life yourself I think

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 08:05:06 pm »
Talking to a couple of customers the other night they were saying the ashbourne attackers have f**ked up, people connected to victim are not the type to let something like this go, could be waffles but they seemed to know a bit about it, anyways we’ll see what happens

Best news I've heard in yonks... ::fuck ::fuck

Offline whoslast

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 09:00:46 pm »
Looks like the attackers are outta Swords (via Africa) they’re in a real spot of bother now, they would be better off turning themselves in for their own protection, some people in finglas aren’t too pleased with them

dalymount

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 10:58:04 pm »
I think its fukking outragiour that because of the PC world we live in now,no politician,or anyone who has a career they care about,has the balls to say out  straight these are African scumbags.again fear of the immigrant council of Ireland prevails

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 07:39:34 am »
I usually post a 'high 'em high' comment so I'll just post this link.  And run for cover  lol

Violent crime: decades of research shows punishing ‘risky’ young people does not work – here’s what does

So what works?
There are promising approaches to be found in the UK and abroad. In Scotland, for example, the government treats youth violence as a health issue that is both treatable and preventable. This approach addresses the underlying causes of violence, and opens up the possibility of conversation between young people “at risk” of violence and a variety of agencies from the health care, education and housing sectors.

While some elements of the approach include more punitive measures - such as increases in stop and search and mandatory sentences – these were not the driving force behind the reduction in violent crime, but rather one part of a broader approach. The most successful parts of the strategy saw bereaved relatives talking about the impact of violence as part of a wider education campaign, a range of community activities organised for young people, and support for young people to move forward, including advice on housing, employment and training.

It’s crucial to embrace a positive, rights-based, children first philosophy that doesn’t stigmatise or label young people, but rather works to address the social welfare difficulties they’re facing in their daily lives.

Written by two academic criminologists  C:-)

Times they are a changin'.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 12:37:10 pm »
Looks like the attackers are outta Swords (via Africa) they’re in a real spot of bother now, they would be better off turning themselves in for their own protection, some people in finglas aren’t too pleased with them

That's the second time I've heard they're from Swords... All a bit too convenient for my liking. Swords wants a swimming pool because we're supposed to be getting one (after years of campaigning) in the beautiful seaside resort town of Balbriggan. If you read the report from the Rush incident last December (post #2) you will note that two were recognised as Rush "locals". The ring leader was identified as a young lad from Tyrelstown (now living in Clonee after being burnt out of his gaff in Tyrelstown) after the incident in Lusk last summer. The group is obviously comprised of youths from all over Dublin, the common interest being "Gangsta Rap music"... there may be one or two from Swords among them but that doesn't give Swords the right to make political gain at others expense.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 12:40:18 pm »
To be fair, Rats, if an outsider read the thread title they would think the "they" were indeed the authors of same thread....if ya gets me...

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2019, 01:00:08 pm »
I don't get you, LL... but nothing new there!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2019, 01:01:19 pm »
You're being astutely diplomatic...anyway..........back the horses and hope for the best.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 01:09:40 pm »
I'll be a bit less diplomatic, then! A lot of effort has been put into newspaper reports using phrases like "thought to be from Balbriggan" and "from North County Dublin". Dublin city is the only place in Ireland that can claim more Africans than Balbriggan - albeit a lower % of the population. There's plenty of money spent on recreational facilities up above in Dublin, including swimming pools, and the Africans up there are as good as gold. Credit where credit is due.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2019, 01:15:41 pm »
Title of thread...They at it again.......readers might think the "they" were the subject matter considering the racial prejudice many Irish have towards so called non-indigenous..just relative pronouns being used...They a nightmare....They are a nightmare.........no harm done, but there are some very sensitive souls out there...........

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2019, 01:22:04 pm »
I'm not racist - I live in the beautiful seaside resort town of Balbriggan which has the youngest and most racially diverse population in the country and I work as a taximan, the most racially diverse trade in the country - but I do believe racists are entitled to their views. A lot of folk are racist, they shouldn't have to hide behind made up terms like anti-multiculturisation or start every sentence with "I'm not racist but...". Their opinions are as valid as anyones and, as such, ought to be aired hence they can be aired here without undue regard for the "sensitive souls".
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:24:50 pm by Rat Catcher »

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2019, 01:27:23 pm »
 lol

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2019, 05:20:17 pm »
I  call them Blaggards!

Show Unread Posts