Author Topic: AIB/ Big brother  (Read 3386 times)

Offline silverbullet

AIB/ Big brother
« on: March 12, 2019, 01:01:04 am »
Myself and Mrs Bullet got MYTAXI to Cappagh Hospital on Tuesday morning. While I was under the knife she headed home and came back to Coolock.
She visited later that night and the next two nights.
I was discharged  on Friday and when I got home she popped in the Chemist to get my Meds.
By the time she got home she got a  text from AIB saying her a/c was suspended.
She never heard of a bank texting anyone before.
She rang a help line regarding the text.
They said their system spotted unusual behaviour on her card.
Eight trips from Coolock to Finglas, followed by a visit to a Chemist to buy drugs!
Who said Big brother isn't watching? 8)

dalymount

Re: AIB/ Big brother
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 06:09:29 am »
I suppose the important part was,it was a genuine contact from the bank,becase thee are so many scams going on now,that you cannot be sure.having said that,it is unusual for a bank to contact you by text,   ...I think ?

Offline watty

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 10:17:22 am »
I got a phone call from BoI's security centre years ago when I bought something from America on the internet. 
It was short and sweet - did you buy that?  "Yes."  Ok, bye.

Never got a text though.

john m

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 11:23:36 am »
They write to me regularly asking for money .the neck of them .I bought a dog in Cavan and the maximum withdrawl from the cash machine was 200 so i went in three times and they rang me .

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 11:24:30 am »
I got a phone call from BoI's security centre years ago when I bought something from America on the internet. 
It was short and sweet - did you buy that?  "Yes."  Ok, bye.

Never got a text though.
Often get texts if they feel their is a suspicious transaction going through, Options to answer are Yes or No, obviously if you answer No they will stop the card immed. Great to see they actually have a handle on this
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 11:25:13 am »
Cashless will sort it.

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 12:04:23 pm »
Got a text from BOI a few times, last one as follows:

Important Notice: Case ID: [removed]
Dear Customer,

Do you recognise this transaction that recently appeared on your Bank of Ireland Visa Debit card: **** **** **** [removed]

15 December, EUR[removed], [removed]

If you recognise the transaction, please reply by texting "Yes". If you do not recognise the transaction, please reply by texting "No". We will restrict the use of your card until we hear from you. If you are worried or feel uncomfortable about replying to this text, please call the customer service number on the back of your card and follow the options for Debit Card Security.
Thanks,

I recognised the transaction and rang them, sorted immediately - except they had declined the transaction so I had to go back and do it again.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 03:06:11 pm »
When i proposed to the missus i bought the ring with credit card and cash....but two amounts had to be taken from the card....had a phonecall within 15mins from Card Security to ask had i just made two puchases in a Jewellers.....LL will probably say that was my chance!!

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 03:17:38 pm »
When i proposed to the missus i bought the ring with credit card and cash....but two amounts had to be taken from the card....had a phonecall within 15mins from Card Security to ask had i just made two puchases in a Jewellers.....LL will probably say that was my chance!!
The wife keeps reminding me that I borrowed some coin off her to buy the ring, probably because I spent all me money on her in the first place, anyways been fckn paying her back for the last 28 years now , this interest thing is a bleedn scam
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 03:18:16 pm »
Nobody can ever say you don't laugh at yourself, Hal...I'd say you're probably the most genuine guy on here.....hard to hold it together though when you hit the aul nifty mark??? I'd say she's yrs younger............? 8)

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 07:43:44 pm »
Don’t mind the bank ringing you or the missus, why didn’t you ask one of us on here to drop you over to the hospital and I’m sure some of the lads that work the evenings would have brought the lovely Mrs SB over. And all for the same price that she paid the MyTaxi driver but the driver would have made all of that money  ;)

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 07:59:07 pm »
Don’t mind the bank ringing you or the missus, why didn’t you ask one of us on here to drop you over to the hospital and I’m sure some of the lads that work the evenings would have brought the lovely Mrs SB over. And all for the same price that she paid the MyTaxi driver but the driver would have made all of that money  ;)
I'd a few offers Vik, but the way the Hop-ital works (see what I did there?)  you never know the discharge times etc, easier to Tap. Thanks for the offers though.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 08:08:06 pm »
I'd a few offers Vik, but the way the Hop-ital works (see what I did there?)  you never know the discharge times etc, easier to Tap. Thanks for the offers though.
but you knew what time you were going in at!!
Probably thought we’d kill ya on the way and save the exchequer some money  ;)

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 08:10:57 pm »
but you knew what time you were going in at!!
Probably thought we’d kill ya on the way and save the exchequer some money  ;)
Yeah, a few would want to stop off at the Blacker car park  for a "straightener "no doubt! 8)

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 02:02:58 pm »
Nobody can ever say you don't laugh at yourself, Hal...I'd say you're probably the most genuine guy on here.....hard to hold it together though when you hit the aul nifty mark??? I'd say she's yrs younger............? 8)

Laffin.....she was 49 in Jan......i'm 54.....hardly a sugar daddy!!

Show Unread Posts