Author Topic: Compulsive viewing  (Read 45830 times)

Offline silverbullet

Re: Compulsive viewing
« Reply #345 on: March 28, 2023, 07:52:17 pm »
Funny enough the figure usually thrown around for Palmer's timeshare fiddle is stg£30M... yet he featured in the rich lists valued at around stg£300M. Seems he was laundering notes for mafias from Russia to Columbia.I went on one of the timeshare junkets back in the early 90s in that area - Playa de las Americas. Not sure if it was Palmer's but they were commonplace by then and well known to be fraudulent. Long story short, the bloke who recruited us from the streets told me what he got paid just for sending us to the depot and he paid our breakfast bill out of his cut. I can't remember the figures but it wasn't small change. We were promised, and to be fair received, free taxis up and back, 200 smokes and a bottle of spirits each and as much sangria and finger food as we could consume while up there. The set up was highly impressive with no expense spared which got me to thinking the catch must be in the service charge 'cos they're making nothing on the sales prices... so I got myself a contract and a sun lounger by the pool and settled down with a bottomless jug of sangria for the afternoon. Before I got to finish the contract one of the salesmen switched course and tried to recruit me to the sales team... told him I'd get back to him, blah, blah, blah, collected me duty free and left firmly of the opinion that the levels of commission alone deemed the whole scheme implausible. Point being, if that's how his outfit was run he didn't didn't hold on to much (if any) of the alleged stg£30M turnover... but worked wonders for Teneriffe's economy!

I guess the series did glamorise the villans to some extent. I see Kenny Noye - the scumbag who was eventually locked up for murdering a young lad during a road rage incident - has put the villa he bought as a hideout for £200,000 on the market for c.€2M since the series aired. The solicitor character was totally changed, one wonders why. However, they did get two things right (insofar as they concur with real world reports). First, only half of the Gold/Money went through the Noye/Palmer/Relton scheme with the whereabouts of the other half still unknown and second, the stg£11-13M was worth c.stg£28M by the time it was washed... not a bad rate of return over a relatively short period of time by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not sure how much was eventually recovered but it may well have exceeded the amount stolen... and that was only half the story!

P.S There's a series on Palmer on BBC sounds called The Gangster.
I smelted a rat from the beginning! 8)

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #346 on: March 31, 2023, 12:12:08 am »
Legend on Netflix starring Tom Hardy.
About the Kray twins.
Very good.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #347 on: March 31, 2023, 12:19:11 pm »
Kodi has gone to muck using a new source    Totally legal of course
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #348 on: March 31, 2023, 03:45:56 pm »
More likely the IPTV provider than the Kodi app. IPTV Smarters is a pretty good app but, again, can only ever be as good as the server (provider) it's connected to.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #349 on: April 01, 2023, 12:46:59 am »
True …..but if I watch a cross-platform software application whos core is using C++ progs like Kodi …it renders better response on my Ipad than through my smart Tele.    Just sayin sorta like! ::fds
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #350 on: April 01, 2023, 01:35:01 am »
Interesting. I have my IPTV installed on several platforms and only recently I've been getting moderate - severe picture breakup on my enigma2 based box only i.e. no such problem on Android, MacOS or Chromecast (which is probably Android based?).

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #351 on: April 02, 2023, 01:50:00 am »
Women at War on Netflix….very good an a bit of ridin in it tooo ::fuck
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #352 on: April 02, 2023, 01:51:52 am »
Capitani …Netflix  murders
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #353 on: April 03, 2023, 11:25:23 pm »
Black Mirror on Netflix. A Dystopian view of new technology. Brilliantly written by Charlie Brooker:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2085059/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/black_mirror/s01

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #354 on: April 07, 2023, 10:05:05 am »
OLD PEOPLE   on Netflix

Effing Brillo watching old decrepids  from a Rest Home beat the crap out of the young wans…Drooling on the scared women and putting smelly socks into their mouth. I couldent eat me apple I felt so vomitious and then I left the last 30 mins for 2nite to watch…..Reminds me of a night shift in the Taxi?   yippee ::clap yay ::fight
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

« Reply #355 on: April 07, 2023, 08:13:33 pm »
Traffic on Netflix.
Best movie i've seen in yonks.
Ensemble cast. Bleedin brilliant.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #356 on: April 07, 2023, 08:24:42 pm »
Great movie ^^

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #357 on: April 11, 2023, 06:27:50 pm »
Traffic on Netflix.
Best movie i've seen in yonks.
Ensemble cast. Bleedin brilliant.
This one? https://www.netflixmovies.com/traffic-2000

Or this one:https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5670152/?

« Reply #358 on: April 12, 2023, 01:57:27 pm »
michael douglas, benicio del toro, catherine zeta jones, don cheadle etc.

Offline Belker

« Reply #359 on: April 12, 2023, 06:12:31 pm »
OLD PEOPLE   on Netflix

Effing Brillo watching old decrepids  from a Rest Home beat the crap out of the young wans…Drooling on the scared women and putting smelly socks into their mouth. I couldent eat me apple I felt so vomitious and then I left the last 30 mins for 2nite to watch…..Reminds me of a night shift in the Taxi?   yippee ::clap yay ::fight
I watched the first 6 minutes, disturbing, turned it off.

Show Unread Posts