Author Topic: the game is fucked  (Read 3298 times)

john m

the game is fucked
« on: March 16, 2019, 11:16:11 pm »
I dont work the port i believe it should be open to all but I wont pay to park and 12% but more importantly for me the kesh pay for that work I was always a member of a union and I would not like or accept somebody coming in messing with my terms and conditions .Today I worked the Hop store .any other time I worked drivers ranked but not today I was approaching from the Jamses Street end and a guy in a van full of passengers was approaching from the Rialto end I gave way to him as he had passengers but then he blocked the road to drop off and picked up  others I pulled up along side and questioned him pointing out there was a rank he said it was a Metaxi pick up I pointed out hid datahead was showing available so it could not be a a booking ..Its now a free for all no rules apply .BTW he was a white Irish Driver .

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: the game is fucked
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 02:00:27 am »
That's a regular enough thing John.Passengers cannot see the rank and drivers are too mean to bother sending it forward.

dalymount

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 04:28:45 am »
Welcome to my world John,I rank a fair bit on the small rank outside PWC,and cunts come along and pull in at the boat all the time,and take the work.the pricks park just at the boat,even though they can clearly see me just across the road on the OFFICIAL  rank.unfortunately nobody gives a bollox including the authorities who are supposes to be policing this kind of stuff.time to introduce rank marshals,who would have REAL power to do something about it,on ALL ranks

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 01:36:43 pm »
Maybe it was a Flag job and he just said mytaxi out of habit. I'd say most of the lads DM is talking about are immigrants.

dalymount

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 04:18:29 pm »
Nearly all Tommy Hilfigures rat

Offline watty

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 05:51:12 pm »
The new guys who studied the NTA's taxi bible, or in one of the taxi 'schools', or via MyTaxi might not be aware of this unofficial agreement?  Is there an NTA rule or something that says you can't pick up within X meters of a rank?  Or is just something pre-dereg guys arranged among themselves?

Welcome to my world John,I rank a fair bit on the small rank outside PWC,and cunts come along and pull in at the boat all the time,and take the work.the pricks park just at the boat,even though they can clearly see me just across the road on the OFFICIAL  rank.unfortunately nobody gives a bollox including the authorities who are supposes to be policing this kind of stuff.time to introduce rank marshals,who would have REAL power to do something about it,on ALL ranks

Not trying to defend the practice, dalymount, but I've sometimes got a MT job on, say, Parnell St and you accept it in good faith.  When you get there, they're standing within 10 feet of the rank.  What can you do?

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 06:39:10 pm »
Rules are there to be abused since dereg...
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

dalymount

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 07:27:37 pm »
No there is no rule as far as I know that says you cant pick up in close proximity to an official rank,there is however an official rule which says you cant illegally stand for hire,which is what these cunts are doing

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 07:55:26 pm »
Daly there's a very good chance the other drivers don't realise there's a rank there at PWC.Sure PWC closes at 5pm.None of our ranks are clearly marked.At night time you'd be struggling to spot them.What chance have the tourists and foreigners got of finding the rank.The rank signs should light up as it's almost impossible to distinguish them from other traffic signs.

Ya do know those Spencer dock apartments are full of benders,like mostly benders?Maybe the lads at the boat don't like getting them?Anyway don't take it personal customers see the first taxi available and jump in.Only a small minority understand or care how taxi ranks operate.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 08:31:38 am »
Maybe, being a vain he had dropped the people off earlier on through MT and had ranged to pick them up, and by pure coincidence got another job to their jut on time.

Maybe, just maybe, since it was a van, there was more than 4 passengers and there was only saloons on the rank,

OR maybe, just maybe, when the passengers going to Guinness Robhouse, were getting out, the intending new passengers asked can they pay by MT, maybe, just maybe.

Anyways, thee is no rules about picking up in close proximity to a rank, just another gentleman’s agreement between taxi drivers years ago. Just like the don’t overtake someone who has their light on and don’t pass another taxi from Whitehall while heading to the port

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 12:44:28 pm »
No there is no rule as far as I know that says you cant pick up in close proximity to an official rank,there is however an official rule which says you cant illegally stand for hire,which is what these cunts are doing

No point being a Christian in a den of Lions, Dalyer....adapt and survive.

dalymount

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 02:10:01 pm »
With respect lippy,I think that attitude is exactly the reason the game is fucked.this thing of not doing anything when you are directly effected by this kind of behaviour,and jist turnimg a blind eye is whats wrong

Offline watty

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 05:17:10 pm »
Surely, the game is fucked when passengers stop using us, not when our taxi comrades are rude to each other.

I start my day looking for passengers, not a hug from a fellow taxi driver!

dalymount

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 07:14:54 pm »
Watty im not looking for a hug from taxi drivers,im just looking for them to adhere to the legal,and moral rules that govern our industry,like stop illegally standing for hire,particularly in close proximity to an official rank.I dont that represents looking for a hug from them,and if they did adhere to the rules,then maybe I,and others like me wouldnt have to look so hard for customers

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 09:03:11 pm »
Maybe PWC should be made into a day time rank?

Show Unread Posts