Author Topic: car stuff  (Read 23373 times)

john m

car stuff
« on: March 17, 2019, 08:10:14 am »
Satins wheelbarrow is blowing fumes into the cabin through the heater so not worth fucking about trying to fix it ten years old waste of money .Im looking at a 16 fluence 1.5 diesel dont want another scoda had nothing but grief from the one I had .So considering the Fluence as it has good boot space .Anybody driving one and are there any problems .PS can you have a sun roof in a taxi ?

dalymount

Re: car stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 09:45:24 am »
You sure its a good idea going deisel again ?

john m

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 11:02:38 am »
Not buying new If i get 5 years out of it .probably be all electric by then .Hybrid to expensive with all the uncertainty at the moment dont want to borrow big .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 11:06:55 am »
Ermy ye should get one of them horse and cart yokes and work Guinesses.You seem to know more about the horses than the cars..all cash I bet too.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 11:08:40 am »
The fluence has a shite boot .I've had to turn down work because of it.
The seats aren't great either.

Offline C5

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 11:24:54 am »
Well ye will be turning down loads of work with those ev yokes.

Offline C5

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 11:39:16 am »
@dalymount, there's nothing wrong with the 2016 diesels onwards euro emissions 6. thats old diesels, the media , tree huggers and snowflakes are throwing all diesel cars into the same pot cause they wouldn't know one end of a car to the other, I had this fella in the cab the other day he was going to collect his car from the garage, he was yapping on about evs and ya don't need to service them and all that lark, I was saying to me self, god help ya you ignorant sod ya haven't a clue, the subject of how many miles or kms was on it, he hadn't a clue. Were going to see a lot of stranded ev cars on the road if thats the mentally of drivers that will have them.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 11:40:50 am »
The engine is good and reliable,but a bit thirsty doing to congested city centre daytime work I do (about 8l/100 km)(35 mpg for dinosaurs).
Oh,theres very little space for any personal stuff.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 11:52:46 am »
What servicing needs to be done on an EV anyway? Just plug it in and drive it and pray the battery never fails out of warranty.Maybe a fluid change if yer feeling generous.

I picked up a bloke last week who said he would never buy diesel again.Apparently he seemed surprised his diesel beemer needs to be driven more than the 6000km a year to stop things blocking up.Lots of people were fooled into buying diesels for cheap tax when a petrol car would have done fine.Evs will suit them folks perfectly.

john m

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 12:29:20 pm »
just off the superweb and Carl from Stuttgard told me his scoda ist eine stinken and to check the colour of the coolant and if its rusty or brown you are probably boiling it and the problem is the heater corr he told me how to flush it .coolant does look muckey so drained the expansion tank an added new coolant ran it up the road got up to temp smell seems to be gone so might try a fullflush of the heating system tuesday .Thought the ERG might be muckey its cleaner than my mind .Sometimes its a simple fix but when you are pissed off with the car you jump the gun a bit might get another few months out of it .Good point about the Emissions standard no good buying something that does not meet the new standard just in case the Hippies get elected to the council .Thanks for the feedback .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 01:13:34 pm »
Fluence is probably good for 200k, Octy maybe twice that. They're relatively cheap for a reason. Going by VDs figures you'll save the extra you pay for an Octy on diesel within a year or two or three. Fumes in the cabin accompanied by consuming coolant is symptomatic of a sticking EGR valve, I recon you were on the right track. You might get away with cleaning it but I don't think they're particularly expensive.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:18:09 pm by Rat Catcher »

john m

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 01:47:52 pm »
Fluence is probably good for 200k, Octy maybe twice that. They're relatively cheap for a reason. Going by VDs figures you'll save the extra you pay for an Octy on diesel within a year or two or three. Fumes in the cabin accompanied by consuming coolant is symptomatic of a sticking EGR valve, I recon you were on the right track. You might get away with cleaning it but I don't think they're particularly expensive.

EGR is spotless and moves freely .I think it is fucked Heater Corr .Ill give it a flush tuesday probably ran it upto temp earlier seems to be sorted after I drained and refilled the Expansion tank somight sort it if I flush the lot .Try it any way a cheap fix if it works .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2019, 01:51:33 pm »
Did you check/replace the vacuum hoses to the EGR?

john m

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 02:35:33 pm »
its trial and error rodent if this works ill go with it .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 04:01:09 pm »
Did you scan the diagnostic modules?

Show Unread Posts