Author Topic: I told you get somebody elected  (Read 8083 times)

Offline Theoneandonly

Re: I told you get somebody elected
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 12:07:18 pm »
Getting a Taxi driver elected would more than likely be a disaster for the fleet.
Imagine!
 rofl

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 12:10:29 pm »
Frankey did warn against taxi drivers interacting with kameraz and mikrofonez.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 02:08:08 pm »
Frankey did warn against taxi drivers interacting with kameraz and mikrofonez.
Dya remember the guy from the NTDU with a background in PR and mechanical engineering?
I think I have a photo somewhere

Ah here it is:

8)

dalymount

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 02:53:04 pm »
He looks familiar

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 02:59:55 pm »
Ye know...small chubby guy....always the butt of the joke.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 03:50:13 pm »
Private Doberman.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2020, 04:04:01 pm »
went to the Transport club with a proposal it was simple .The Dail Constituency of Dublin South Central had 3 local authority areas Drimnagh /Ballyfermot .2 Crumlin Kimmage 3 Dublin South City .The year I suggested we run ,5 independents were elected in those 3 wards .The Present make up of the Dail TD are Two Independents ,one shinner and a Green .There was at least one Council seat if not two available if we got them then the Big Parties would of sat up and took notice ..

I was at that meeting  jum walden was too  taxi drivers for change I think     if I remember u were asked to stand john and ya said no
The driver fro. Palmerston cant remember his name great speaker died during his  hip operation    he was our best hope

But now basically john nobody gives a fuck about us at the doors we dont matter not even to the nta
Getting somone elected wont matter lobby the guys already there like paul Donnelly

john m

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2020, 05:09:24 pm »
I wasent asked to stand .I was actually told to fuck off the Shinners were going to look after us .The Problem was certain individuals saw themselves as the New head honcho El Geranalisimo running a Union getting big wages and Pension the new Gorman .No rep ever had any interest in the workers they just wanted to be the leader getting coin out of it .If you remember what happened after that meeting they drove to the taxithingey office and invaded .No plan no demand just a reaction ,that put an end to any real chance of winning support .Thats always been the Problem Certain people wanted to take over from Gorman and others wanted to settle old scores .As I posted in another tread  Dublin trade will be down about 30% for a few years add in traffic restrictions that will put off even more people coming in to town and more people working from home .I think Frankie once said this is a part time Gig .Costs now plus 15% commission Sorry to say I cant see this industry supplying an income for a family good job if your hen is working and you are looking after the kids .

The time to try get elected was 10 years ago .Brid Smith ,Vinno Ballyfermot Jackson .Joan Collins .Paul Hand nobody heard of them 10 years ago .Profit from The People were not heard of Shinners couldnt get Councillors elected but look how all that changed .
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 05:12:31 pm by john m »

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 06:55:03 pm »
I remember that meeting in the transport club also.one or two mouth peices rallied the troops,and with that all out the door,and over to invade the NTA offices.ridiculous no thought,structure,or anything else.the idiots who done it,actually jeopardized their homes,and families by taking such ludicrous action.I remember another occasion Frank Byrne standing up in town ,and preaching to the drivers about certain commitments he,and his colleagues had extracted from the NTA. It turned they won fukk all concessions.I believe the erm would be as good as any to negotiate on our behalf.he and the rat would be a formidable team,along with a few other experienced drivers of say 25/30 years in the game who would know what they are talking about.but I suppose to make any REAL difference,they would have to be looking at election to DCC

john m

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2020, 07:26:18 pm »
Its a different game now Dalymount .We are now only endentured slaves .Vinny Ebbs ,Free Now Uber now own this game .Next move is to crush the Kesh that will happen in the next week or two when Visitors are instructed to download an app to book a cab and be traceable .

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2020, 07:51:07 pm »
U were asked I'm 100% sure

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2020, 07:54:03 pm »
Brid Smith ,Vinno Ballyfermot Jackson .Joan Collins .Paul Hand nobody heard of them 10 years ago .Profit from The People were not heard of Shinners couldnt get Councillors elected but look how all that changed .
« Last Edit: Today at 05:12:31 pm by john m »

But all them stook on popular issues ie housing hse tax etc

Not moronic taxi driver issues who people hate anyway

dalymount

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2020, 07:55:04 pm »
Well I cant remember,but I'm sure if John says he wasnt asked,then he wasnt.

john m

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2020, 08:03:33 pm »
Brid Smith ,Vinno Ballyfermot Jackson .Joan Collins .Paul Hand nobody heard of them 10 years ago .Profit from The People were not heard of Shinners couldnt get Councillors elected but look how all that changed .
« Last Edit: Today at 05:12:31 pm by john m »

But all them stook on popular issues ie housing hse tax etc

Not moronic taxi driver issues who people hate anyway

I wasent asked somebody else who didnt want to stand was afraid if somebody else got elected they would become the De facto leader so fucked it up ..Nobody who stood as a Taxi candidate could get elected but if you ran local football clubs and youth groups and had the support of drivers willing to knock doors and just get themselves their family and friends to the voting places free lifts we could on taken a seat in each Ward no problem .

Some day if we ever meet up Ill tell you exactly what went on  .

dalymount

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2020, 08:08:34 pm »
I do believe its never to late.if you ever decide to run,ill certainly knock at doors (provided they dont have massive fukin big rothweillers livin there )

Show Unread Posts