Author Topic: The Robots have Landed  (Read 5399 times)

Offline stonethecrows

He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

The Liffey Lip

Re: The Robots have Landed
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 01:03:19 pm »
Won't be long now before every item we buy is logged.

Offline watty

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 05:51:09 pm »
I wonder if they have a tips jar beside the till for people to throw in a few coins?  As we know from MT, techie people don't leave tips!

dalymount

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 08:00:32 pm »
I was giving serious consideration to a career change,yes even at my age.the particular company I have an interest in is Aer Lingus,but I dont know if age would bebe a factor I hear there hiring

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 08:21:49 pm »
I was giving serious consideration to a career change,yes even at my age.the particular company I have an interest in is Aer Lingus,but I dont know if age would bebe a factor I hear there hiring
A Ball bearing Hostess?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 07:33:14 am »

Hard to go back to taking orders, Dalyer. It gets even harder when the person issuing them is incompetent, in their 20's, and asks you who your favourite One Direction member is.

Offline Belker

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 07:49:26 am »
Are you gone Mad DM ?
Work fer the 'Man' @ a Tenner an hour and be on call to the Alarm clock ??
With them calling the Shots ?

NO THANKS !

john m

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 08:51:11 am »
Dalymount if you can get a job you like the wages dont matter drive at the weekends keep the car as your pension .You read about the boom but look at the boom jobs ,most of them are in the service industry low paid .restaurant ,shop ,call center ,taxi driving .If your over 40 hard to get a good job unless you know somebody .I was talking to somebody I know working for Ladbrokes said only ten of their shops in Ireland cover their running costs but they have to stay open as they have iron clad leases and they cant get out of them. There wont be driverless cars in our lifetime Dollyer just find a balance between road,rank and radio/app to get what you need out of this industry while you are in it and dont worry about what happens after you and me are gone .Trump is setting up the endgame for trade wars and real war a lot of job losses and economic downturs just around the corner .This industry does ok in recession less people able to afford to drive but still need transport .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 08:59:01 am »
The plus side of cashless is that there'll be any amount of jobs going in the delivery sector when payments have to made electronically into accounts. Half the take-aways will be recruiting drivers not on the scratcher.. Nephew does very well on Fri and Sat nights out of it on his Suzuki Burgman.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 09:00:41 am »
I'm not convinced this double jobber thing is viable lads.I've two years left on me taxi licence and I really don't see great value in reinvesting my money to earn a monkey a week.(that's all I need to make)How can the double-jobbing gobshites make it worthwhile?The tax write-offs aren't worth the hassle of keeping a taxi on the road.Either drive the cab or don't.

john m

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 09:14:08 am »
I'm not convinced this double jobber thing is viable lads.I've two years left on me taxi licence and I really don't see great value in reinvesting my money to earn a monkey a week.(that's all I need to make)How can the double-jobbing gobshites make it worthwhile?The tax write-offs aren't worth the hassle of keeping a taxi on the road.Either drive the cab or don't.

I think a lot of lads who go back to work probably miss the company .Sitting in a taxi talking shit to every customer can be sole destroying .Im 57 if I could get a job I liked I would probably take it .You need a car to get to work anyway so taxi insurance is the only extra cost of holding on to the taxi plus its insurance against future unemployment .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 09:20:18 am »
Honestly, you can buy an old banger or motorbike for small money.Keeping a sub ten-year-old taxi motor is an expensive hobby.

The only thing stopping me would be the loss of my taxi No claims bonus.If the insurance was 8000 to buy back in I'd just choose not to bother me hole ever coming back.

Offline Mr phooey

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 09:29:27 am »
Honestly, you can buy an old banger or motorbike for small money.Keeping a sub ten-year-old taxi motor is an expensive hobby.

The only thing stopping me would be the loss of my taxi No claims bonus.If the insurance was 8000 to buy back in I'd just choose not to bother me hole ever coming back.
Plenty of high rank  guards driving taxis on
Pensions of 800 to 1200 a week....

Why do you think they brodder der brollicks....?????

john m

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 09:40:49 am »
Most of us grew up with Ireland in the EEC /common market /EU .getting subsidies all that has changed .The EU is failing probably wont fall apart but will have two choices slow down or boom any boom will be at the cost of real wages everybody will be on minimum wage .I always recon if you want to know the future look at the USA now .Two jobs ,paid for health care and pensions medicare drugging you into oblivion .Did you know there are no pubs in Ballymun but 9 chemists .More chemists in clondalkin than pubs .

Offline Mr phooey

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 09:40:58 am »
https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2019/0409/1041500-cancer_cases/
Mr phooey cousin die cancer last week 49...yrs
Most of us lucky to be middle aged.... Probably tho in ten years half us dead or fooked....
Enjoy your life

Show Unread Posts