Author Topic: The Robots have Landed  (Read 5396 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: The Robots have Landed
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 09:47:48 am »
Because they're hungry cunts and use it as a social outlet like many of the OAPs in the fleet.Also you can still find some cash work which helps.

john m

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 09:50:46 am »
Phooey most of us dont look after our heads if your not happy in your head it leads to all other sorts of problems .Driving can be very insular Good friend of my father had a break down years ago .He drove a truck and because of the drink driving laws he was afraid to go for a pint in case he would be over the limit the next day he lost contact with his mates couldnt cope .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 09:57:09 am »
Slightly related but there's an old taxi man living in my area and I'd say he's at least in his late 70s or 80s.In the past year I've seen him go through two clearly red lights and on another occasion went mental at me as he thought he still had a green light and I was breaking my light.Never seen him ever with any glasses.

He's clearly bollixed and is probably gonna kill someone but I'll bet everyone keeps telling him how amazing it is that he's still working.Sooner or later something bad is gonna happen that will have us all doing a medical to drive our taxis.If I ever get that bad I hope someone will put me down.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 09:57:41 am »
Jaysus, that's some pension to have.

john m

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 10:07:53 am »
Slightly related but there's an old taxi man living in my area and I'd say he's at least in his late 70s or 80s.In the past year I've seen him go through two clearly red lights and on another occasion went mental at me as he thought he still had a green light and I was breaking my light.Never seen him ever with any glasses.

He's clearly bollixed and is probably gonna kill someone but I'll bet everyone keeps telling him how amazing it is that he's still working.Sooner or later something bad is gonna happen that will have us all doing a medical to drive our taxis.If I ever get that bad I hope someone will put me down.

only a matter of time but first we will get smart meters time worked and all cash free fares give it ten years .had a fella a few weeks ago paid with his watch on sum up .He was about my age so its not just kids that like tech .

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 10:15:17 am »
Never did like Dr Who with them silly robots saying "exterminate" , bored the fcuk out of me.

Little did I think back in the 70's/80's that they would eventually take over our lives
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 10:34:08 am »
The Daleks just wanted to kill us....not take our jobs.......... 8)

https://edgy.app/kfc-china-automation

john m

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 10:34:59 am »
Robots will do most of the work .The big problem people have now is Rent finding somewhere to live somebody to mind kids a job with decent wages and its not just Ireland .After WW1 britain was broke so they introduced death duty that cost the wealthy half their fortune but the wealthy are back buying up every available home to rent out .New Strumpet City people living in rented accomodation on low non fixed work contracts .Even the lockout where workers refused to hand over some of their pay so they could work is flourishing with agencies taking a portion of workers wages .As I posted here people born in the 50s60s 70s are the luckiest generation ever born

john m

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 10:37:49 am »

Remember when you did a 5 year apprenticeship to learn how to use a lathe or milling machine now they are allcomputer guided one machine minder controls a whole factory full of them .

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 10:48:21 am »

Remember when you did a 5 year apprenticeship to learn how to use a lathe or milling machine now they are allcomputer guided one machine minder controls a whole factory full of them .
My 15 Year old young fellow wants to be a mechanic.
As like all the other trades Carpenter, Sparks, Plumber etc etc ??

Will there be work for these type of jobs in the future ?

john m

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2019, 10:56:49 am »

there will always be cars he just might go to work in a suit with a lap top no repairing broken parts just replace the unit .If Donny T has his way he will bomb us back into the middle ages .He is looking for some sort of victory with someone .Aramco which is the Saudi oil company just sold billions of future debt so they will make sure oil has a huge future .Nobody knows how good or how long these electric cars will last will they ever be economical .If the kid wants to be a mechanic let him at it .

Offline Mr phooey

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 12:04:00 pm »

Why did you not talk him out of it Mr crow?  :o ??? ::)?
Do yoo not like the poor kid?   ???

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2019, 12:07:25 pm »

Phooey, I suppose with all the other kids wanting to be in IT etc etc and not wanting to get there hands dirty,  it probably makes sense that he wants to pursue this career path, and also the nixer's can be a nice little earner on the side (all above board & declared to the revenue off course)

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2019, 12:16:31 pm »

Phooey, I suppose with all the other kids wanting to be in IT etc etc and not wanting to get there hands dirty,  it probably makes sense that he wants to pursue this career path, and also the nixer's can be a nice little earner on the side (all above board & declared to the revenue off course)
And of course I might get a cheap service  ;D

john m

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2019, 12:21:23 pm »
Dont think it matters what you start out doing its what you end up doing .I started out as a metal fabricator ended up shop fitting then this .None of my kids are working at what they studied in college .Girls making huge coin doing nails,hair,eyebrows while graduates are answering phones selling you Sky packages .Lad in the house over the weekend got a tattoo sleeve cost him over two grand .If I told my old man I wanted to be a tattoo artist I would of gotten a kick in the arse .Work is changing and the gig economy is the future full time low paid job with part time gig .There is a local window cleaner he got a full time job but still does the windows on Saturday .

Show Unread Posts