Author Topic: Insurance Claim Withdrawn  (Read 8703 times)

dalymount

Re: Insurance Claim Withdrawn
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2019, 06:18:23 pm »
Thatd very interesting Bob,but I remember actually contacting a fela called Conor Pope,and he was quite insistent that it cannot be done.still that a few years ago,maybe things have chaged

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2019, 06:21:50 pm »
New taxi Insurance Co, worth a try, report back if near renewal ? Sounds great if it's all true and they're not Maltese and dodgy.

https://www.zego.com/
https://www.zego.com/ie/
https://www.lobbying.ie/organisation/1365/tdora

Zego + TDORA

Ph. 016917584 open 7 days per week 9am-7pm

Competitive Prices
Quick and easy quotes
Private No Claims counts towards 1st time quotes
30 Day policies
Annual Policies with flexible payment option
Optional NCD protection
Age 21-75
9 penalty points max
Vehicle value less than €65k
No more than 3 claims in the last 3 years
Full IE,UK, or EU licence
Friendly customer support 7 days a week
ReplyQuoteNotify
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2019, 06:47:09 pm »
Not directed at anyone in particular but some of the fancy cars taxi drivers are running would indicate to insurers that we're not short of a few quid.Newish Audi A6s and Mercs that a bank manager or tradesman could barely afford to own are commonplace as Dublin taxis now.Have a small accident and the repair bills are fairly substantial.I'm surprised we're not getting charged more TBH.

I'd say the replacement costs of our vehicles has doubled or in some cases tripled since the ten-year rule came in.Big cars equal big bills.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2019, 07:01:27 pm »
was'nt there a driver on here who got his new e class mashed around a year ago by a young driver.
I'd say he's in the horrors.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2019, 07:15:18 pm »
I think that was Bob S..they'll probably keep trying to increase his premium as in their eyes he owes them for previous claims.The reduced premium he has now would be an attempt to steal some business from the traditional insurers.Lets see how long they stay in the Irish market.

I remember getting a great quote (€1400)from First Ireland (via Lloyds of London)on Parkgate about six years ago.After a while they pulled out of the taxi market too so I had to go back to AXA grovelling .

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2019, 09:29:49 pm »
That company is based in London,and im pretty sure I made enquiries before as to wether or not Irish taxis could avail of northern Ireland,or british quotes and the answer was no
They set up Irish operation.
You must be with a TDORA company to get the discounted insurance, if you leave the dispatch company your insurance is Null and Void.

So as I said, save €1000 on your insurance quote but spend €5000 on Radio costs.
OR stay with Allianz/AXA/Liberty and pay over €2,400 for your insurance and save €5000 on radio costs!!!!!!!

Kinda a no brained to me

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2019, 10:24:09 pm »
A full-timer would pay a hell of a lot more than €5,000 freight if he worked for mytaxi and would pay a hell of a lot more than €2,400 if he was insured with Liberty... to date the only insurance firm that actively penalises drivers who work for mytaxi.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2019, 06:27:12 am »
A full-timer would pay a hell of a lot more than €5,000 freight if he worked for mytaxi and would pay a hell of a lot more than €2,400 if he was insured with Liberty... to date the only insurance firm that actively penalises drivers who work for mytaxi.
I estimate that I would still save over €1000 by working MyTaxi and having my insurance with Allianz/AXA/Liberty.
The joys of being a fulltime Part-Timer

dalymount

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2019, 09:12:46 am »
This sounds like its going back to the days when you could not get a licence unless you joined up with Kearns,or Ussher,etc etc

john m

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2019, 12:48:38 pm »
Mate called over today for munch .They got insurance for the window washing business .Two vans four named operators .Public liability 23,000 plus 6,300 motor insurance .thats 600 a week to insure yourself for going to work. .Mate says they are going to let one worker go and he is coming out of retirement to work .He was telling me that the insurance broker was telling him about a home owner who employed a cleaner ,the cleaner fell and broke her wrist and took a case against the home owners policy but the insurance wont cover it as the homeowner was not insured to employ anybody so the cleaner is pursuing the homeowner personally in court .This whole insurance thing is getting out of hand .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2019, 04:01:00 pm »
If an Insurance man fell into a fast flowing river, ask yourself " What will I have for lunch, ham and cheese on white, or chicken and stuffing?" 8)

Show Unread Posts