Author Topic: its official the world has gone mad  (Read 7209 times)

john m

its official the world has gone mad
« on: July 01, 2019, 08:20:33 am »
From today Electric cars are to have an on board stereo to broadcast engine noise because electric cars are to quiet and a danger to pedestrians ,so athmosphere polution is to be replaced with noise polution .Another EU piece of logic to cut down on emissions farmers in Europe have to reduce the size of their herds and the shortfall in beef will be made up by Brazil cutting down more rain forest to grow more cows .
  The Electric cars having to make noise reminds me of when I was a Kid playing motor cars making car sounds as I pushed my Dinkies round the floor .

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: its official the world has gone mad
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 08:37:34 am »
This has been coming a long time.I was watching a blind fella on the news last night talking about this and it sounded like he crossed the road with his hearing rather than walking to a crossing like the rest if us.How the fuk is he still alive?Cars make a lot of tyre noise anyway, this is just accomodating stupid people.What the fuk is next inflatable armbands in the bath?

dalymount

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 09:13:11 am »
They are trying to force motorists into going electric and abandoning petrol and diesel.well I for one hate change so I wont be changing

john m

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 09:26:28 am »
Merc ..Britain is Broken so is the rest of Europe Stupit rules like import a cow create a noise pay more to get drunk.I was wondering Dublin Corpo painting stuff in the Rainbow flag and flying flags to celebrate Gay Pride .Now we voted for equality and I agree but we also voted for abortion and freedom of choice I wonder will the Corpo paint dead babies on infrastructure and will big corporations who now celebrate gay pride but would of sacked gay workers a few years ago be flying dead baby flags on the aniversary of the abortion referendum win or is there double standards as dead babies dont vote and dont buy drink..I have an old school friend who is Gay he was a driving force in the LGBT drive for equality and he is pissed off with how the issue has been hijacked by commercial interests who never supported the cause .I was talking to him yesterday and I opined there is a better chance fo finding a Rainbow flag flying in Dublin that a Tricolour .He said "Of course there are no Tricolors as being Irish means being a self serving self centered bollox .Look at the Free Trade deal the farmers will be against it as they suffer but other industries do well .I remember going to a debate where the speaker reconed the Irish are the most divided nation on earth .Only a few million of us divided into two parts of the country four provinces 32 counties and thousands of parishes .A lad fromDublin Lucan  wouldnt get on with a Kildare man from Leixlip .I just wonder how long before Dalymounts vision of Europe becomes the majority in Ireland .If the EU keep making up these fucking ridicilous rules we might end up joining the Brits heading for the Exit .

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 09:29:05 am »
The only way to get people to switch is to hit them in the pocket.So you will be allowed to keep your diesel but it might not be economically viable as they tax the bollix out of the diesel.

It's worth noting during the recent European heatwave some cities completely banned diesel-powered vehicles to improve the air quality.I wouldn't like to be told sorry yer not working today because some fat kid has asthma around the corner.

john m

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 09:42:17 am »
Volcanos put more Carbon manoxide and particles into the athmosphere in one year than all the cars that ever existed did in the history of man .its just a widening of the tax base based on emotional blackmail .Governments love tax .Why do you need a Dog licence but not a licence for a Cat .Because Dogs are more Emotional people gel with their dog but the cat does what the cat likes Emotionally we will pay a dog licence so the government charge for one .

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 09:47:16 am »
Dog licence...that's a middle class thing.I don't know anyone with one.I agree it's a tax grab though.

I still think this is to move the balance of power away from oil-producing countries.Can't have the towel heads funding terrorism from their palaces while we buy all their oil.Same goes for the Ruskies.

john m

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 10:03:47 am »
Dog licence...that's a middle class thing.I don't know anyone with one.I agree it's a tax grab though.

I still think this is to move the balance of power away from oil-producing countries.Can't have the towel heads funding terrorism from their palaces while we buy all their oil.Same goes for the Ruskies.

Your meant to think that but big oil is still investing billions trying to discover more oil .If electric cars are the future then why is Copper not more expensive .The amount of copper needed for chargers and cars means Copper comodies trading is the new Gold but its not reflected in copper futures trading .If something is true then all the pieces of the jig saw should be in place and their not .Tesla who have been in the EV game the longest and had limitless funds couldnt deliver neither can anybody else .EVs are a pipe dream they cannot be built of fueled by existing tech .

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 10:09:13 am »
Copper has never been so expensive.Dunno about futures trading.

Yer man on Top gear last week said Musk is a genius because he's forcing other car manufacturers to go compete by going electric then he'll back out and supply them superior batteries from his huge gigafactories.Makes sense.

john m

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 10:16:58 am »
The batteries are toxic how do you dispose of them .Hydrogen cars only emit water thats the stuff that will evaporate and build into clouds and cause climate change so Hydrogen cars are out so are electric but the motor industry need to feed the frenzy .Electric Cars are the Tomogocci of the future

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 10:27:30 am »
The batteries are recyclable.Watched a documentary on Netflix about it.I agree leccy cars are just another gadget though,that's why I'm getting one.And they're cheaper to run too which is the more important to most rather than saving the planet.

john m

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 10:41:40 am »
During the World Cup Half time in the England Game the Electricity Griv was running at 120% of peak  capasity as people put the kettle on can you imagine a few million cars on charge every night at the moment we import electricity from France and GB cant see an Irish government paying much more than lip service to EV conversion .Unlike diesel or petrol use which is discressionary spending we all need to use electricity so government wont want to increase prices on expensive imports especially for domestic use .

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2019, 10:44:02 am »
No more World cups then..

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 12:36:53 pm »
The batteries are toxic how do you dispose of them .Hydrogen cars only emit water thats the stuff that will evaporate and build into clouds and cause climate change so Hydrogen cars are out so are electric but the motor industry need to feed the frenzy .Electric Cars are the Tomogocci of the future

I hear the words Hydrogen car being bandied about....it still has to be extracted from rock....it's not a simple process!

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 12:42:27 pm »
Also all the hydrogen cars I've seen so far use a hybrid system that incorporates a battery.Just like the humble Prius.

Anyone else notice VW group cars no longer have TDI on the back like a badge of honour.Next they'll turn on the hybrid drivers.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:45:03 pm by mercenary for hire »

Show Unread Posts