Author Topic: serious question  (Read 4219 times)

john m

serious question
« on: July 10, 2019, 08:49:36 am »
Trains and Busses willbe given special permission to continue to work over the border post brexit ,whats the story for taxies ,we are a business so do we have the right to trade north of the border post brexit .Also if the G20 agree on tax harmonisation and that tax must be paid in the country the service is used and not the country where it is purchased will we have a tax liability in the north if we drop off there .Could become an issue for drivers working in border counties .

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: serious question
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 08:52:23 am »
I get annoyed when I have to go outside the M50 these days.

john m

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 08:53:58 am »
just wondering couriers and hauliers are being told to register with revenue so whats the story with our business.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 09:44:31 am »
just wondering couriers and hauliers are being told to register with revenue so whats the story with our business.

I am registered with Revenue as a sole trader.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 10:55:02 am »
Private dancers for sultry rooms..........united Ireland is a cert. For the first time ever the deluded Billy-ite people of Newbuildings, Co Derry....just outside the city, have not erected their July 12th "we are the people" and "fuck the pope" banners.........

dalymount

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 01:39:56 pm »
The insurance companies were supposed to issue their clients with green cards .you cannot cross the border without it.at leat that is my understanding.it will have implications for as I  go up to Carrickfergus quite a lot

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 04:55:41 pm »
Does that already apply, DM?

john m

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 05:06:27 pm »
If your driving a taxi with a customer north of the line are you doing so illegally as you are carrying out business in Britain which is no longer in the Common Market .Hauliers are being told they need to have a tax number .You dont want the Queens Garda confiscating your car for tax fraud .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 05:10:02 pm »
When did Britain leave the Common Market?

john m

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 05:13:47 pm »
When did Britain leave the Common Market?

Do you really think them backward cunts have moved into the EU they are still trying to intergrate into the Common Market before they leave .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 05:17:21 pm »
I don't understand your point. You suggest it's currently illegal for an Irish taxi to cross the border in the course of trade because Britain is no longer in the Common Market. Prey explain?

dalymount

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 05:19:44 pm »
Well I got a fare to belfast a couple of weeks ago ,and Newry last week no problem

dalymount

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2019, 05:44:38 pm »
There is no problem going north at the moment.this may only become a problem when the UK leave the EU.in which case you will need a green card to cross the border.this card will be issued to by  your insurance company. I am a regular visitor to the north and did not have any problem crossing the border

john m

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 05:44:56 pm »
I don't understand your point. You suggest it's currently illegal for an Irish taxi to cross the border in the course of trade because Britain is no longer in the Common Market. Prey explain?

At present we can carry out business withour obstruction but IF Brexit happens then we are not operating in another EU member state .I read that both the UK and Irish Governments had signed an undertaking to allow trains and busses continue to operate I have heard nothing about our trade from our reps .The Hauliers assoc are advising their members of the requirement for some sort of tax mumber .if you are apprehended in the North driving without a conformation letter from your insurance that you hold valid insurance your car can be impounded .

dalymount

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 06:02:30 pm »
John is right,but this will only be the case if,and when brexit happens,and assuming its a no deal brexit

Show Unread Posts