Author Topic: serious question  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: serious question
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 06:21:01 pm »
Aaah right... when he said "If your driving a taxi with a customer north of the line are you doing so illegally as you are carrying out business in Britain which is no longer in the Common Market ." I thought he meant "If you're driving a taxi with a customer north of the line are you doing so illegally as you are carrying out business in Britain which is no longer in the Common Market."

dalymount

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 06:48:48 pm »
But Britian are STILL in the common market,he is talking present tence

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 06:55:27 pm »
Yes, that is what confused me. When he said "Britain which is no longer in the Common Market ." I thought he meant "Britain which is no longer in the Common Market.".

dalymount

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 07:00:56 pm »
Rat im on my way to orial park to support Dundalk in tonights champions league qualifier .I love to continue this confusing conversation with you when I get back from dundalk

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 07:03:34 pm »
I'm actually going up to Dublin this evening... sure drop in to Kyles in Coolock Village ifn you're passing... and bring the Octy fella with you.

dalymount

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2019, 07:08:11 pm »
Rat my best mate drinks in kyles all the time,and his young fella  plays music there a lot with a youngone they are called aces did ya ever hear them ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 06:30:49 am »
Rat im on my way to orial park to support Dundalk in tonights champions league qualifier .I love to continue this confusing conversation with you when I get back from dundalk
Why did ya not go to Dalymount to see Bohs get the result of the season ?

dalymount

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2019, 09:57:35 am »
Because I object to our club playing freindly matches right in the middle of a competitive season,not to mention the fact we were risking injury to some of our players.I made  my feelings known,although im glad we made 70 k from it

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2019, 12:57:41 pm »
Rat my best mate drinks in kyles all the time,and his young fella  plays music there a lot with a youngone they are called aces did ya ever hear them ?

I don't think so, DM. In fact I don't recall ever seeing live music in Kyles... when I was a regular twenty odd years ago I'd be there most nights Mon - Thurs, rarely at the weekend... could have been music in the public bar, I generally frequented the lounge... these days it's kinda knocked through, well behind the counter is knocked through but I don't be there that often, maybe once every month or two, usually a Wednesday. Like most bars it seems a lot quieter nowadays but it's a decent boozer, only complaint being that it closes at closing time... ifn I'm drinking local I'd be barely in the bar by closing time! I remember asking Dave Kyle if he facilitated Christenings many years ago (I was never a day drinker so had no idea what the place was like in daylight) and he says no problem once there's no Children! He wouldn't even let his own kids on the licensed premises back in those days, probably still the same.

dalymount

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2019, 02:27:20 pm »
Well its always the saturday night they are on when they are playing,but as far as the kids on the premises is concerned,I agree with him .a public house is no place for kids.when we were playing darkie kellys,and the sunnybank inn I hated to see kids in

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2019, 02:46:04 pm »
Fukin hate kids in pubs....their parents seem to think it everyone else responsibility to look out for them when they're running wild.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2019, 03:56:53 pm »
Fukin hate kids in pubs....their parents seem to think it everyone else responsibility to look out for them when they're running wild.
Women too.
They ruin the ambience.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2019, 04:37:41 pm »
It's common now around D7 and I assume other parts of Dublin to bring your dog into the pub.I was looking at a dog in the pub a few weeks ago thinking I used to be like you when I was a kid.Dog looked bored too.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2019, 04:44:39 pm »
It's common now around D7 and I assume other parts of Dublin to bring your dog into the pub.I was looking at a dog in the pub a few weeks ago thinking I used to be like you when I was a kid.Dog looked bored too.
But the Dog can lick it's nuts.
If you wanted to do the same, you'd have to bribe him with a chicken Goujon, then he'd let ya! 8)

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2019, 04:59:23 pm »
Your dead right,I was watching someone else with their dog wondering if I was a bad owner for leaving mine at home.

Show Unread Posts