Author Topic: Revolut  (Read 15600 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Revolut
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2019, 10:06:47 am »
My younger not so young lad had that issue, DM. He had to use live chat to get it resolved. He said you click Dashboard, then a question mark icon and then type "Live agent" into the chat box and play the waiting game, he had to wait about 20 mins for a response but once he got through to them and explained that he had uploaded his document several times the account was activated immediately.

john m

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2019, 09:30:12 am »
Revolut customers were left unable to use features of their banking apps on Friday due to technical issues.

The challenger bank, which has more than 200,000 customers in Ireland and in excess of 4.5 million worldwide, said it was suffering from a "technical issue" causing problems with some transactions.

"We are currently experiencing a technical difficulty which is causing some card payments and top-ups to fail or appear as 'pending'. Our team is working to fix this and we expect to be back to normal very soon. We're sorry for the temporary inconvenience," it said after the outage.

Revolut later said on Twitter that the issue had been fixed, although some customers were still experiencing problems in the afternoon.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2019, 09:37:53 am »
Actually,

I can get a statement in Revolut so Uber should be able to pay into it. I’ll try it next week after Uber pay me
I tried to upload the Revolut statement but they rejected saying it didn’t have a sort code on it.
I checked the previous statement I sent them that they were paying into and it doesn’t have a sort code on it either.
I uploaded the original bank statement and it was accepted within 30 minutes. I’m going into them on Monday and will try get it sorted. If I can get that sorted, then I’ll try with HMTFN and Flag and Taxy and Taxiapp Ireland and .........

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2019, 10:24:49 am »
I wanna close my BOI account ASAP.These online banks are the future.The Irish banks are years behind the apps of the newer startups.

I got my first Revolut payment from a customer the other day.Picked her up on the app as a cash customer on Freenow but she left her wallet at home and was also late for work.Didnt wanna make her even later and She seemed sound so we agreed to send the money on via Revolut whenever she got a chance to top up.Money came through with minutes of her sending it.No charges.Very slick.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 10:33:03 am by mercenary for hire »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2019, 10:47:50 am »
Revolut isn't a bank as such so I don't think I'd use it to replace my current account given the lack of regulatory accountability. It's not like using Uber to save a few notes when you just want a lift from A to B. It's ideal for spending in foreign currency when abroad e.g. up above in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and for online purchases in foreign currencies e.g. Sterling but I don't think I'd want to maintain any significant balance on account. The German N26 may be a better option?

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2019, 11:02:42 am »
I'm gonna open the N26 one too.I've got free banking with AIB with the mortgage account but might be switching back to BOI.Just from a work perspective the Revolut so far is the cheapest way to get paid.Probably won't last forever.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:06:06 am by mercenary for hire »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2019, 11:05:10 am »
Google Wallet and Apple Pay are miles behind as well... I wonder if Revolut's primary objective is to sell to one of them?

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2019, 11:11:02 am »
Probably set up by some government agencies to snare the criminals hiding illegally gotten wealth.If it really has 200000 accounts in Ireland someone in revenue and counter-terrorism will be keeping an eye on it no doubt.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2019, 09:10:54 am »
Uber finally accepted my Revolut statement and money went in on Monday, dont see why HMYFN cant pay into that too. Or any other taxi company

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2019, 09:42:35 am »
Can you still update your bank details on the Freenow app?I can't find it anymore.What did they say about not allowing the Revolut?

I read something that Revolut is applying for a licence with the Irish central bank soon.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2019, 09:47:14 am »
I have no idea.

Sumup wont pay into a foreign account which revolut is. Uber said there was a  issue with their automatic registering machines. Obviously a computer reads the statements and says yay or nay.

Dont know how to change details in FreeNow

Offline Johnny the fox

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2019, 04:12:48 pm »
$$$ SumUp do pay directly into foreign bank accounts $$$

john m

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2019, 04:21:22 pm »
Welcome Jonny

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2019, 04:38:46 pm »
Any relation to Sil ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

john m

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2019, 05:18:56 pm »
Any relation to Sil ?

Sil is in trouble for grabbing some oul ones Tit .

Show Unread Posts