Author Topic: Everything is Broken  (Read 10142 times)

Offline watty

Re: Everything is Broken
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 06:14:03 pm »
I never get any phone calls from FN and I'm banned from pre-bookings (don't know why).  So I guess I'll always be a poor taxi driver  O:-)

You're right about the freight - almost €16k/year for that driver!

dalymount

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 06:47:09 pm »
Nobody asked him to join

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 06:49:01 pm »
I've had three phone calls from them so far this week. If you don't use it for a while they get needy.... about 6 weeks since I last used it.

dalymount

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2019, 06:55:44 pm »
Surprised you use it at all, considering the amount of critisiism you give them for the frieght they charge

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 07:08:10 pm »
The freight is OK for part-timers. I average 17-20 hours per week which generally costs €60-80. Once you go over 22 hours you're paying the big money... a while back I done a 50 hour week and it cost me over ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY EUROS, yes over ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY EUROS... and that was without covering any hospitality jobs, airport pickups, pub jobs, match jobs, Hail0 for Business jobs or doing any pick ups south of Collins Ave or west of Ballymun Road - save the odd one with a desto within that area. Imagine what the full-time Ambassadors who have priority and maximise their takings by working anywhere and everywhere are paying... the hospitality fee alone is an extra €2.00 per job. It';s easy to see how the best drivers are charged well over €300/week... the very drivers who need the job to feed their families anall, subsidising the part-time, fussy scum.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2019, 07:09:42 pm »

You're right about the freight - almost €16k/year for that driver!

PLUS Hospitality fees PLUS DAA car parking fees...

Offline watty

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2019, 07:28:24 pm »
Off-topic but I wonder if many Swords/DAP local people use FN at the airport instead of the official rank? 

I've never used FN at the airport but I guess if you're in a taxi queue in the carpark, you have to take the next job?  It would be a kick in the nuts to pay 12% plus parking and only get a local run out of it.  There used to be 50+ taxis in the FN queue at the airport so I guess you could be waiting an hour or more to get a FN job? Though I suppose you might get a Swords into city centre job out of it?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 07:37:47 pm »
I guess you have to take the rough with the smooth if you work for Free Now. DAA licensed drivers have a reputation for throwing their toys out of the pram when they get short jobs but I doubt Free Now would tolerate it's customers being subject to the kind of abuse they dish out. I'd imagine a lot of short fares choose Free Now to avoid the wrath of DAA licensed drivers.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2019, 09:55:31 pm »
Free Now drivers wouldn’t generally complain about short fares in general as it all goes towards their weekly goals, whether that be 12, 36 or 60+ jobs. Some drivers even prefer the short jobs as it means they’ll get another short job fairly quick.

Oh it’s ok for FN to disclose that their top driver earns 133,000 but due to GDPR they cannot tell you who it was and certainly cannot give that info to Revenue. “”Apparently””

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2019, 10:04:29 pm »
Free Now drivers wouldn’t generally complain about short fares in general as it all goes towards their weekly goals, whether that be 12, 36 or 60+ jobs. Some drivers even prefer the short jobs as it means they’ll get another short job fairly quick.

Oh it’s ok for FN to disclose that their top driver earns 133,000 but due to GDPR they cannot tell you who it was and certainly cannot give that info to Revenue. “”Apparently””
Where did this story appear?
If it sounds too good to be true etc.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 10:10:23 pm »

What story?
You’re a long time driving a taxi SB, I’m sure you remember a time before radio companies and when they came in drivers warned other drivers that the cab company could give their income to revenue, same shit with FN etc etc etc
I know Bubba will remember those days

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2019, 10:29:47 pm »

What story?
You’re a long time driving a taxi SB, I’m sure you remember a time before radio companies and when they came in drivers warned other drivers that the cab company could give their income to revenue, same shit with FN etc etc etc
I know Bubba will remember those days
Just where was it mentioned that a driver took in 130K in fares?

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2019, 10:40:29 pm »
Someone from FN said it to Rats on the telephone

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 10:41:06 pm »
133k to be precise... it's part of their telemarketing spiel... and yisser wonder why half of Bangladesh is getting married to half of Poland.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2019, 10:41:34 pm »

Show Unread Posts