Author Topic: 24 hour bus service  (Read 15199 times)

dalymount

24 hour bus service
« on: November 07, 2019, 04:14:17 pm »
24 hour bus service to be trialed in Dublin very soon .I'd say this is the death knell for us night drivers

Offline Belker

Re: 24 hour bus service
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 04:34:23 pm »
We have it down here in Cork, great fer commuters but not fer night time Taxi drivers.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 04:52:23 pm »
24 hour bus service to be trialed in Dublin very soon .I'd say this is the death knell for us night drivers

Wait till there's fukin killings on them.....and there will be...literally!!

Online watty

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 05:34:18 pm »
Last time I checked, buses run in pre-determined routes.

Don't work nights myself but I'd imagine:
If you're drunk and need to get home quick (with takeaway food/partner), you're more likely to get a taxi to your front door rather than walk 10-15mins from the bus stop.
Also, can't see too many women walking home in the dark from the bus stop.

Taxi's aren't too expensive if there's 3 or 4 people sharing.  I think a normal bus fare is €3 or more now!

dalymount

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 05:39:42 pm »
It'll be a novelty at first, but hopefully it'll wear off after a while

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 05:41:49 pm »
2.80 is the standard fare.

Offline Belker

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 05:44:50 pm »
It'll be a novelty at first, but hopefully it'll wear off after a while
No, It wont, it gets more popular by the week down here in Cork.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 05:57:50 pm »
I'd say it'll be subsidised...from the money we contribute through fees etc,
Don't know about Cork Ken....but be safer..and cheaper in the long run when people share a taxi home...and it's a door to door service.

dalymount

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 06:50:20 pm »
We need to fight back, because it's grossly unfair the way the NTA do everything to facilitate public transport. The taxi industry always seem to be the poor relations with the NTA. Why should Dublin bus be subsidized for instance ??

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 07:40:40 pm »
It's not called "The Fight-Link" in Dublin for nothing.

Offline dublin2018

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2019, 08:01:12 pm »
 Big hit will be the Night drivers with the students as UCD and DCU covered,and Dublin airport late flights will be covered now as I heard Dublin airport will be getting a bus every 30 mins to city other routes hourly .Taxi Industry is changing rapidly.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2019, 08:05:58 pm »
3am pissed drunk cold nite
Do u really want a bus and a walk after it to house?

john m

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2019, 08:17:02 pm »
We need to fight back, because it's grossly unfair the way the NTA do everything to facilitate public transport. The taxi industry always seem to be the poor relations with the NTA. Why should Dublin bus be subsidized for instance ??

You need to Grow Up Dalymount .Public transport is essential filling your wallett is not .Try ask yourself if you were not a taxi driver would you want a good Public transport system .You want to know the future of the taxi industry just look at the Drinks industry .1977 there were less than two dozen Off Licences in Dublin now Every shop and Garage is selling Porter .Drink is now cheaper than it ever was and the people likeit .Transport is a major charge on your income if you are working most of my night time customers are minimum pay workers in the hospitality industry .I predicted this when the UK based Go Bus entered the market .What sort of Company director would want to park quarter of a million euro wort of a bus for eight or ten hours a day and make no coin .There use to be a very inteligent Poster on Roys FDS who told you this is a part time gig .Great for pensioners or second jobbers .Stop thinking taxi driving is a Career its a plaything for casual workers or the deranged who want to work 70 hours a week .Do you remember Butcher Shops now there are butcher counters in Supermarkets same with bookie shops now there are apps .The successfull businesses provide the PUBLIC with what they want and a Good BUS,TRAIN,LUAS ,METRO is what they want NOT a TAXI service .My advice for anybody under 50 in this industry is think about getting a PAYE job and taxi as a bonus its not a full time gig for anybody bringing up young kids and paying a Mortgage .

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2019, 08:24:45 pm »

You need to Grow Up Dalymount .Public transport is essential filling your wallett is not .Try ask yourself if you were not a taxi driver would you want a good Public transport system .You want to know the future of the taxi industry just look at the Drinks industry .1977 there were less than two dozen Off Licences in Dublin now Every shop and Garage is selling Porter .Drink is now cheaper than it ever was and the people likeit .Transport is a major charge on your income if you are working most of my night time customers are minimum pay workers in the hospitality industry .I predicted this when the UK based Go Bus entered the market .What sort of Company director would want to park quarter of a million euro wort of a bus for eight or ten hours a day and make no coin .There use to be a very inteligent Poster on Roys FDS who told you this is a part time gig .Great for pensioners or second jobbers .Stop thinking taxi driving is a Career its a plaything for casual workers or the deranged who want to work 70 hours a week .Do you remember Butcher Shops now there are butcher counters in Supermarkets same with bookie shops now there are apps .The successfull businesses provide the PUBLIC with what they want and a Good BUS,TRAIN,LUAS ,METRO is what they want NOT a TAXI service .My advice for anybody under 50 in this industry is think about getting a PAYE job and taxi as a bonus its not a full time gig for anybody bringing up young kids and paying a Mortgage .
I’m under 50 and have intentions of leaving the industry in the next 5 to 10 years, unless we emigrate or I fucking die. My missus has a great paying job and I don’t need to work but I’d go mad at home all day every day. I do fuck all work anyways but enough to pay my bills and live a life

Offline dublin2018

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2019, 08:32:10 pm »
100% Taxi is now a Partime job.Getting harder and harder to do and bring in income on a full-time basis.I'm also looking for a job  as I to am under Hawaii 50.

Show Unread Posts