Author Topic: 24 hour bus service  (Read 15201 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: 24 hour bus service
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2019, 11:38:49 am »
I wish there was something positive Taxis are a cash cow for NTA The meter change in January will subsidise those buses and the out of city jobs will become less and less.

NTA don't get anything from meter reprogramming/sealing. Your meter installer gets the money for reprogramming and Legal Meteorology get the sealing fee... although that function is generally subcontracted these days.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2019, 11:52:11 am »

As a newbie to this sector as in NEW still looking around for a car.

Why don’t you fight back? Is there not a union or group of people that could get together to put forward a well thought out case

We have many unions, in fact the sheer number of unions suggests we are a very united bunch. Most of the unions concentrate on representing drivers who hold DAA permits, in particular those who are white and Irish by accident of birth. Hence they have little or no interest in rocking the boat as far as DAA is concerned. However, as we have seen with TTNH and ITDF, they do rigoursly defend convicted criminals' rights to drive taxis provided those convicted criminals meet the criteria suggested above.

Both Jim Waldron (Enforcer, NPHTA) and Joe Heron (Proprietor, ITDF) have suggested that over 20,000 drivers have left the trade to pursue more lucrative professions/trades/vocations with the former actively promoting lower entry costs. Our largest dispatcher, Free Now, has focussed a lot of it's efforts on recruiting (illegal) (immigrant) drivers to address the shortfall it experiences.

NTA does subsidise vehicles for incumbents and new entrants through it's WAV grant schemes which have run with limited budgets over the last few years.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:54:45 am by Rat Catcher »

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2019, 11:52:45 am »
Drivers are too busy trying to screw each other over to ever consider any sort of unity.Irish don't really like the foreigners.The immigrants don't care for us.The Polish think their better than the blacks.And most if us don't trust the elephant jockeys.Airport lads aren't liked outside of the kesh.And so on and so on..

Then you have Freenow trying to play us off against each other with ranking systems and ambassador programs.The job is a steaming pile of shite but nobody can sack us so we stay and become bitter...sometimes...
+1
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2019, 12:20:19 pm »
The fact is, this COULD actually be a viable industry if the incumbents in it stopped constantly saying it's only a part time big, it's this , it's that, the truth is there is a good living to be made if the people operating within it actually showed the NTAwe cared about our livlehoods. There should be a concerted effort by full time fully legal , fully complaint, full professional drivers to show the NTA, and others we care. You can ant expect them to give a fukk if we dont

You refuse to listen Dalymount .There is no suck legal entity as a Full Time taxi driver .A supreme court judge upheld that .Why do you think anybody can get a PSV licence why do you think we can still get WAVs Read the Court judgement and stop spouting crap .

Thats not true, you have to pass a test for starters, you then have to apply and get garda vetted. Plus if you have a criminal record your application will be revoked.

You Dont have aTAXI licence You do not have to pass any test to get a Taxi licence .You need to pass a test to get a Public Service Driving Licence .

Are you sure????
see below what i had to do to get my Licence

For your application you will require the following:

The receipt for your licence fee
Your photographs
Evidence that you are tax compliant
Your driving licence
Your SPSV Skills Development Certificate
A written undertaking that you will not drive an SPSV for more than 11 hours on any three consecutive days
Details of any other occupation in which you are engaged, and, if that other occupation involves driving, evidence that you have informed the employer of your intention to apply for an SPSV driver licence
A declaration that your health does not materially affect your ability to drive an SPSV
A declaration that you have not been convicted of any of the offences specified in section 30(3) or the Schedule to the Consolidated Taxi Regulation Acts 2013 and 2016
Any other documents requested by An Garda Síochána.

Thats for your DRIVING LICENCE application NOTHING to Do with a TAxi Licence .

Is it a vehicle licence you mean? I'm lost i thought a taxi licence was a driving licence to drive a taxi?

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2019, 12:22:15 pm »
Drivers are too busy trying to screw each other over to ever consider any sort of unity.Irish don't really like the foreigners.The immigrants don't care for us.The Polish think their better than the blacks.And most if us don't trust the elephant jockeys.Airport lads aren't liked outside of the kesh.And so on and so on..

Then you have Freenow trying to play us off against each other with ranking systems and ambassador programs.The job is a steaming pile of shite but nobody can sack us so we stay and become bitter...sometimes...
+1

Would all the unions not join together to make a bigger union so you have more power?

john m

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2019, 12:26:12 pm »

+1

Would all the unions not join together to make a bigger union so you have more power?

Unions are designed to STOP men WORKING  Electricians union make sure only electritians do Electrical work Taxi union keeps the Aurport closed to people who are not their Members other Unions dont want Blacks others want thousands more licences so they can sell them a book keeping service .A union in Dublin wouldnt give a fuck about Country drivers and Local Hacks .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2019, 12:27:33 pm »
Less troughs would accommodate less snouts, GB. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. Power to do what, anyway... keep the criminals licensed, keep Dublin Airport out of bounds to the vast majority, campaign for more drivers?

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2019, 12:36:28 pm »
Less troughs would accommodate less snouts, GB. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. Power to do what, anyway... keep the criminals licensed, keep Dublin Airport out of bounds to the vast majority, campaign for more drivers?

Power to make it a level playing field, I am new so maybe i am niave to it all.

Remember talking to a old taxi driver, they had to pay to open the barrier to get into the airport to get a fair, maybe bring something like this back, but i don't agree you must pay to work the airport.

Is there any studies done in other european countries on Taxi's, how does the UK, Spain, Germany handle their sector.

Maybe there is need for a different way of thinking.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2019, 12:42:22 pm »

i am niave to it all.

For a new man you catch on fast. Nail, head, direct hit.

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2019, 12:42:41 pm »

Power to make it a level playing field, I am new so maybe i am niave to it all.

Remember talking to a old taxi driver, they had to pay to open the barrier to get into the airport to get a fair, maybe bring something like this back, but i don't agree you must pay to work the airport.

Found a study of other countries, if anyone interested in reading

http://www.ttnh.ie/news/taxi-driver-licencing-doc2..pdf

Is there any studies done in other european countries on Taxi's, how does the UK, Spain, Germany handle their sector.

Maybe there is need for a different way of thinking.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2019, 12:43:08 pm »
Airports that i've flown into in the UK are closed shops,they even have an office for a particular cab co in the terminal or just outside....AddisonLee being one of the bigger ones.

dalymount

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2019, 02:00:20 pm »
I have always believed it's THEY who should be paying the DRIVERS for providing a service to their customers. Can you imagine a situation where a plane lands and no taxis there to service the requirements of the passengers ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2019, 02:37:01 pm »
Should the bars and restauants get paid too?

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2019, 02:57:02 pm »
Should the bars and restauants get paid too?
Should FN pay their drivers ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2019, 02:59:49 pm »
Free Now pay's it's drivers. It's top driver was paid €133,000 last year.

Show Unread Posts