Author Topic: UBER driver training  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: UBER driver training
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 08:07:52 am »
Cheers RT, yeah nights that are not so prosperous puts a serious downer on the night. I'd normally pull in over 3 ton, so I'll be on bread and water for the week now.
I'll try that link, and hopefully my limo makes the requirement.

Ive never had anything even close to 300 on a Sunday or any other day for that matter in a very long time...
...I suggest you keep doin watever yur doing....do yu have a different meter in the limo or how do yu calculated fares?
Apologies I know this is a stupid question but im curious
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 08:54:59 am »
Here do yis know there's been a 58% increase in limos licences issued between 2006 and 2018.

And in the same period taxi vehicle licences have increased by 6.8%.

Something to think about Firewall.

Offline dublin2018

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 11:25:13 am »
Here do yis know there's been a 58% increase in limos licences issued between 2006 and 2018.

100% income is dropping ,apparently the NTA wanted 4% wheelchair accessible vehicles on the fleet, they got 14% now, plus ships landing in Dublin port full of Nann vans for the dispatcher companies as Taxi rental more profitable.The only way they can survive against Freenow and Uber

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2019, 05:35:21 pm »

Taxis numbers are still well below the 2018 peak and the increase in limousines is more than offset by the 62% decrease in hackney licences, noting that only WA hackney licences are currently available.

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2019, 05:38:47 pm »
I think we can all agree that 2008 taxi numbers were a massive mistake.Easy money and very low entry standards into the industry.They fukked up badly and won't be getting near that level of oversupply again.We don't have the rank space anymore.2008 was a one off.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2019, 05:44:24 pm »
To be fair, those who are paid to represent drivers couldn't disagree more strongly, MfH. Both Joe Heron (Proprietor, ITDF) and Jim Waldron (Enforcer, NPHTA) have publicly conceded that over 20,000 drivers left the trade to pursue more lucrative trades/professions/vocations with the latter calling for entry costs to be further reduced.

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2019, 05:48:21 pm »
I'm still amazed every time I hear them being interviewed on the radio...they represent very few drivers but make so much noise.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 05:53:54 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2019, 06:24:14 pm »
I suppose actively campaigning for more drivers (ITDF and NPHTA) and/or defending the rights of convicted criminals to drive taxis (ITDF and TTNH) discourages the vast majority of drivers from buying their services, effectively creating a catch 22 scenario insofar as their low market penetration dictates that they need to increase the total pool of drivers to maintain profitability.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2019, 08:36:38 pm »

That’s because shams are putting Superbs on the road as Limos

I’m sure Rats could collate what vehicles are NOT merc, BMW, Audi, Jag or other fancy car

Offline Firewall

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2019, 08:53:59 pm »

The NTA fucked over a lot of taxi drivers(me included), when they brought in the rule that the vehicle licence/insurance/logbook all had to be in the plate holders name. I had to sign my car over to the lad I was renting the plate from, then my insurance was whatever he said it was because it was in his name. I got out of driving a taxi because my insurance was 4500, and into a limo where my insurance halved, no plate rental, not having to get time put on the meter to work.
Even though the limo numbers go up, I'm still making money, and if it gets to a stage where I'm not hitting my weekly numbers, I'll assess the situation.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2019, 06:33:41 pm »
Shoulda contacted Pierce Insurance or Axa... insurance in owner's name with owner specifically excluded from driving was never an issue.

Show Unread Posts