Author Topic: New Exec changes - interesting  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Firewall

New Exec changes - interesting
« on: November 11, 2019, 03:35:23 pm »
Whats new?

1. €25 Miniumum Fare - Every order on FREE NOW Exec will now be a guaranteed minimum fare of €25.

2. Tolls Included Upfront - All routes that pass through a toll of any kind will now have the cost of that toll added to the upfront price offered.

Curious to see the reaction from punters.

Offline Shallowhal

Re: New Exec changes - interesting
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 03:49:54 pm »
You'll be cleaning up.

Offline Firewall

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 04:00:16 pm »
Yeah, if they get the damn app working right for me :)

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 04:45:55 pm »
What's the reason for this?Are the limos not covering the jobs?

I suppose you'll know if it's a good idea if there's any work.If there's no work it will be a bad idea.

dalymount

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 04:57:37 pm »
Yis are all walking into the loins den blindly. Has ANY of you given the slightest thought to what will happen when F/N get total control of the industry ? You really WILL be just like employees, but without the benefits of employees conditions. They will be able to bounce you around any which way they like, and there will be nothing you can do about it. You will eventually see I hope, the drastic mistake you made by making it compulsory in all but name to join a dispatcher. I can see them changing the goal posts when they get full control. I hope for your sakes in wrong, but we will wait and see

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 05:02:58 pm »
Executive changes....that's just for limos.Nothing to do with is as we have the maximum fare thingy.

Offline watty

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 06:05:27 pm »
Probably a €25 fare if you can't use the bus lanes?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 06:09:46 pm »
They should introduce surge pricing for clapped out shiteboxes masquerading as limousines. Firewall noted in another thread that punters are more than willing to pay current limo rates when they can't get taxis so it would make sense to maximise fares during those peak periods.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 07:18:03 pm »
Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fatter.

Offline Firewall

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 08:00:04 pm »
Bus lanes are not 24 hours so for everyone the bus lanes are open season at off-peak times. I work night only so the bus lanes don't prohibit me.

I popped into Starbucks on the Green at 2am Sunday morning, so many people trying to flag down empty taxis, only for the taxis to pull up at the top of the rank at Grafton Street. Even when there are taxis, people can't get them. Punters using the app to get Exec cars cause they WILL arrive and not cancel minutes later.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 08:17:52 pm »
Bus lanes are not 24 hours so for everyone the bus lanes are open season at off-peak times. I work night only so the bus lanes don't prohibit me.

I popped into Starbucks on the Green at 2am Sunday morning, so many people trying to flag down empty taxis, only for the taxis to pull up at the top of the rank at Grafton Street. Even when there are taxis, people can't get them. Punters using the app to get Exec cars cause they WILL arrive and not cancel minutes later.
Because yiz are the scourge of the PSV industry. Driving wankout shiteboxes masquerading as limos  rofl

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 08:18:30 pm »
And desperate for the €25 minimum fare

Offline Firewall

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 08:47:31 pm »
How are limos the scourge of the PSV industry? In what way are they wanked out shiteboxes, when they have NCT/Suitability tests like taxis?
Go to any other city and they have similar cars doing similar work, or in your head a limo should be a stretch limo, or something similar?
Also, perhaps the punters prefer to be in car that doesn't stink of snackbox and cigarettes, driven to an important event by a lad in a football jersey?

See what I did there, stereotyped a taxi driver. But I know not all taxi drivers are like that, some drivers pride themselves on a clean taxi inside and out, and the car doesn't stink. And I don't drive a wankout shitebox either.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 08:51:30 pm »
There used to certain criteria for limos, that’s being exploited now. A superb isn’t a limo. Merc S Class, BMW 7 series, Audi A6/8, Jag, ya know fancy cars. Now there is Superbs, Volvo XC90s and other vehicles that just shouldn’t be limos.
Also due to motor tax prices some drivers get the car registered as a Limo to save some money

Offline Firewall

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 08:57:03 pm »
I'll agree that a Superb shouldn't be a limo, and I drove a few Superbs as a taxi, but it comes nowhere near the likes of Audi/Merc/BMW stuff.

If you want to tax your car cheaply as a limo, it has to be registered as a limo(logbook change) and pay the insurance which is higher.

Show Unread Posts