Author Topic: Well done Stuart  (Read 7401 times)

Offline stonethecrows

Re: Well done Stuart
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 04:06:56 pm »
I think (thanks to SB) we might have got off on the wrong foot with this thread. Fair enough if it was one of our own renting to another of our own for a couple of ton a week, it'd be worthy of the praise implied in the thread title. However, should we not be asking how someone who doesn't appear to be Irish by accident of birth can afford to operate such a vehicle as a taxi?
Maybe inheritance or claiming the dole under about 10 different names
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 04:45:02 pm »
I think (thanks to SB) we might have got off on the wrong foot with this thread. Fair enough if it was one of our own renting to another of our own for a couple of ton a week, it'd be worthy of the praise implied in the thread title. However, should we not be asking how someone who doesn't appear to be Irish by accident of birth can afford to operate such a vehicle as a taxi?
Maybe inheritance or claiming the dole under about 10 different names

Stereotyping!! lol

Offline Tony

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2019, 04:50:30 pm »
How much is a new telsa 3 inanyways?
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 04:53:42 pm »
How much is a new telsa 3 inanyways?

If ye have to ask......

Offline Frank d sociopath

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2019, 05:01:51 pm »
I aiskid de saime cèist ovir onde
Blakz in binz tred..whoz baknroolin
Deez kuntz in prisey panzerz

Frankey  ::fds
Ifn i don knowz ya den fuk ya

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2019, 05:03:32 pm »
The cars in the list above is most likely Tesla model S or even the X model.A bigger Jaguar/jeep size car.The model 3 in the OP is the "cheaper" smaller version.Only released in Ireland 2 weeks ago.They're about 48k to civilians..but with the leccy taxi grant we could be in one for 41k.

It's mental money buy some lads could be saving up to 5k a year on juice so it could pay for itself if you kept it long enough.Nice but maybe too nice for our job.

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2019, 05:15:15 pm »
Also, ya get a grand off your commission to deface your electric taxi with Freenow graffiti.So only 40k..cheaper than a Camry.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2019, 05:41:55 pm »
Toll rebates €1k from January, so €39k
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2019, 06:11:13 pm »
Also, ya get a grand off your commission to deface your electric taxi with Freenow graffiti.So only 40k..cheaper than a Camry.

I'll be lucky to spend 14k on a four yr old hape in Feb 21.

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2019, 06:11:31 pm »
I just had a look at the latest SPSV newsletter and the leccy grant has been increased to 10k for taxis.So that's another 3k off the new price of an electric taxi.Not too shabby.

It's a shame they didn't offer a few quid off some hybrids that aren't plug in as the Toyota corrolla hybrid would be a good transition vehicle.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2019, 06:26:23 pm »
I just had a look at the latest SPSV newsletter and the leccy grant has been increased to 10k for taxis.So that's another 3k off the new price of an electric taxi.Not too shabby.

It's a shame they didn't offer a few quid off some hybrids that aren't plug in as the Toyota corrolla hybrid would be a good transition vehicle.

Did i hear that the SEAI grant is to be done away with?

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2019, 06:45:33 pm »
I'm not sure Hal.I'm gonna try find out though.Maybe that's why they increased the other one by 3k.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2019, 06:58:12 pm »
I'm not sure Hal.I'm gonna try find out though.Maybe that's why they increased the other one by 3k.

I thought i heard something like that in the budget,i checked the SEAI website but nothing to say it will be discontinued,all grants as they were.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2019, 07:05:57 pm »

Whats the cheapest new  lectric car that can be used as a taxi?

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2019, 07:09:04 pm »
The Renault Zoe but it's tiny.The leaf with the smaller battery was about 21k after all grants.It may be even cheaper now.

As far as I can tell the SEAI grant is still there but only for personal users.Business users are excluded.Needs some research.

Show Unread Posts