Author Topic: Well done Stuart  (Read 7398 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Well done Stuart
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2019, 07:12:47 pm »
The Renault Zoe but it's tiny.The leaf with the smaller battery was about 21k after all grants.It may be even cheaper now.

As far as I can tell the SEAI grant is still there but only for personal users.Business users are excluded.Needs some research.

The grants for biz were still showing...€3800 max...but as you say about the NTA grant increase.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2019, 07:31:58 pm »
If yis were feeling like taking a chance you could buy this and avail of an 8k grant because it's less than two years old.
15k after the grant for a newish leccy car.
https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/181-nissan-leaf-40kw-low-mileage-12800km/23447511
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 07:36:14 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2019, 08:06:56 pm »
Thanks MCH :D

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2019, 09:23:20 pm »

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2019, 11:53:45 pm »
Just dont trust them yet on mileage per charge and on getting parts
Prius next car for me

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2019, 12:13:22 am »
Prius next car for me

Be interested to see if you could get ten years out of any EV with repeated charging,i'd be sceptical.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2019, 06:04:14 am »
Prius next car for me

Be interested to see if you could get ten years out of any EV with repeated charging,i'd be sceptical.

Would think the battery would degrade as time goes by giving you fook all range.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2019, 09:12:01 am »
Constantly using a battery fuckd them up

My screw guns on site always wore down eventually lucky to get a yr out of them

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2019, 09:28:41 am »
The batteries will degrade to some extent. Some of the better leccy cars(except the leaf) have liquid cooling which helps make them last longer.

The Prius is still for me the smarter choice but they're a little too pricey even secondhand.

14k for a 142D Prius over 5 years is 2700 a year plus 2/3k per annum for juice versus a newer leccy car that will cost 20/25k to buy new.That could potentially last 7/8 and maybe more years with the small mileage I cover.It has disadvantages but the grants are starting to bridge the gap.

The KIA E niro has a 300mile range so even if it lost 20% range towards the end of ownership you could still cover a shift was without having to go home early.They're hard to get but next year there will be loads on the road.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2019, 09:59:02 am »
Maybe inheritance or claiming the dole under about 10 different names

Stereotyping!! lol

Maybe inheritance or claiming the dole under about 10 different names

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2019, 10:31:40 am »
The batteries will degrade to some extent. Some of the better leccy cars(except the leaf) have liquid cooling which helps make them last longer.

The Prius is still for me the smarter choice but they're a little too pricey even secondhand.

14k for a 142D Prius over 5 years is 2700 a year plus 2/3k per annum for juice versus a newer leccy car that will cost 20/25k to buy new.That could potentially last 7/8 and maybe more years with the small mileage I cover.It has disadvantages but the grants are starting to bridge the gap.

The KIA E niro has a 300mile range so even if it lost 20% range towards the end of ownership you could still cover a shift was without having to go home early.They're hard to get but next year there will be loads on the road.

A Kia? Dont tink I'd trust that brand
Leaf is Good on range now but theres a parts issue and lots are been stolen I hear just rowed away and battery disconnected  so the inbuilt tracker is off

Gonna look at a jap import Prius for my next car
All the Indians and Pakistanis have them and they watch the Penny's
Diesel is finished soon
Saw a hybrid  Corolla looked good dont know if it up to nta spec though

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2019, 10:50:21 am »
Unfortunately the Corolla hybrid is 26k new and you still need to put juice in it.They pass suitability alright.

A cheaper alternative would be a second hand Auris estate.Same as the Corolla in some countries. If you were willing to buy the diesel version they're cheap enough.Plenty of options.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2019, 12:18:59 pm »
Diesel is done      hybrid is only option left and Prius is the popone 
I like the lights on back of new ones I'm gonna try get jap one or look in UK
Every paki and Indian has one so they must be good
I've a new shape avensis diesel and its shut compared to the last two I had ive had every model since the carina2 and this latest avensis model is not great

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2019, 12:28:37 pm »
Years ago anytime I got Pakisatanis in me Prius they were acting like I was driving the space shuttle.Asking me what's all the buttons for.Genuinely looked amazed.

You should see a 40 to 50% decrease in your fuel bill compared to the diesel Avensis.No more emission tests are a bonus too.They road noise can be annoying so stay away from anything with bigger wheels.15 inchers if you can.

The new model Octy has is supposed to be quieter but he complains about it being too small.I think he was probably in the circus at some point...too tall for this country.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2019, 12:29:17 pm »
2030 before diesel is done lad.....a bit like 4K TV....wait for someone else to make the expensive foray.

Show Unread Posts