Author Topic: Free now starting to force WAV taxi drivers to take wheelchair jobs? Thoughts?  (Read 5363 times)

The Liffey Lip

Relax FFS.....as if you give a fuck either way....last time I was out that way I have to say it still retains its natural beauty but there's an air of menace about it....Skerries women and the way they might look at your wallet...

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Times are a changing, there's fields full of houses and flats these days occupied by folk you wouldn't see in town from end of the year to the next... mostly Dublin migrants who spend 10% of their lives on a motorway or train. We had a good drink last night to mark the passing of Jimmy Reilly - publican, bookmaker and a true gent, genuinely one of the nicest men you'd ever meet.

Offline silverbullet

I don't know, LL. I know he moved here in the 50s after spending his honeymoon here and served at least one term as Lord Mayor. It was well before my time but proposals to name a street or landmark in his honour still surface from time to time, he was certainly in the running for Harry Reynolds Road. Maybe there'll be something in the redevelopment/destruction of the harbour or the proposed extension of the nature trail/walkway to Skerries but don't hold your breath.
Do the Moriartys still run practically everything from buses to apartment blocks in Balbriggan?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
There are a couple of Moriartys who aren't related. The bus man is ex Team Aer Lingus, he's sound. Then there's Luke Moriarty, a West Dublin businessman, who owns the hotel and SuperValu. He tried to poison me several times years ago leading me to conclude that he must be turning the fridges off in the Supermarket at night. Needless to say I don't shop there anymore but the shop was redeveloped a good few years back to incorporate a large block of flats. He also, indirectly, accused me of stealing a meal in the hotel many years ago... and hadn't the balls to see me in person when I went to enquire, instead electing to pretend he wasn't there (he was, a staff member telephoned me while I was in the lobby and told me he was in the function room) and send a manager to apologise for what was a misunderstanding on his part.

Offline silverbullet

There are a couple of Moriartys who aren't related. The bus man is ex Team Aer Lingus, he's sound. Then there's Luke Moriarty, a West Dublin businessman, who owns the hotel and SuperValu. He tried to poison me several times years ago leading me to conclude that he must be turning the fridges off in the Supermarket at night. Needless to say I don't shop there anymore but the shop was redeveloped a good few years back to incorporate a large block of flats. He also, indirectly, accused me of stealing a meal in the hotel many years ago... and hadn't the balls to see me in person when I went to enquire, instead electing to pretend he wasn't there (he was, a staff member telephoned me while I was in the lobby and told me he was in the function room) and send a manager to apologise for what was a misunderstanding on his part.
John used to be a Tug driver, doing aircraft pushbacks.
A story a local member of the Chamber of Commerce tells is that an apartment block was built, with a certain percentage going to social housing.
The recession kicked in and none of the full price apartments were selling..
Moriarty did a deal with the council to take 100% of the apartment block for social housing.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Built by Luke or John? They're not related. The ones Luke built are part of the SuperValu complex, I have seen the occasional For Sale / To Let sign on that complex but I've no idea what, if any, social housing it comprises.

Offline Shallowhal

But that's not gospel!!

Show Unread Posts