Author Topic: tip for today  (Read 22094 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: tip for today
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2020, 05:18:01 pm »
Yeah Waites tried last year but (at least gave the impression that) it was a half hearted attempt, just because it was allowed for the first time... said he hadn't decided how or even if he'd use his tour card if he had got one... they've got a few women to compete with this year too, Mikuru, Fallon and Lisa Ashton are all having a go I think.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2020, 05:22:32 pm »
There are some benefits to trying and failing, BTW. The brother was trying to explain it to me when I was full in Minehead so I only really got the gist rather than specifics. As I understand it you pay 4 ton odd and that includes PDPA membership which, in turn, entitles you to play in development tour events, restricted UK Open qualifiers and you could get to make up the numbers in some other tournaments as well.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2020, 09:57:40 pm »
Winner got 50K allegedly
Lady winner 8K  ??? ???
And €1000 for Keane for winning the youths

Keen Barry!!
Barry Keane maybe!!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2020, 11:06:09 am »
Yeah Waites tried last year but (at least gave the impression that) it was a half hearted attempt, just because it was allowed for the first time... said he hadn't decided how or even if he'd use his tour card if he had got one... they've got a few women to compete with this year too, Mikuru, Fallon and Lisa Ashton are all having a go I think.

Bobby "diamond geezer" George was giving out about that, sort of, in his own way. He made reference to women being under more pressure to tour with them "Avin' to look arftur kiddies and the 'Usband". He got away with it because of his recent health issues and Wayne Mardle covering in the background. Sometimes, I think certain men are oblivious to what's going on around them.

Might be the wrong video but I watched it recently.......out there somewhere.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2020, 01:20:51 pm »
The worlds gone mad with all this PC nonsense. Sure you can't even say paint the fence black.. you have to say please paint the fence, Jamal.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2020, 01:24:01 pm »
When you see Nicholson toned down and all p.r. etc, and going back to Q School...... you know it's game over. As one of his most ardent Geordie fans said about him, "Man was a leg-end on the oche....noo he's just a bell-end on the oche"

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2020, 01:26:13 pm »
Indeed. I don't get all his "we this" "we that" when he's commentating. He'd struggle to win a leg down me local FFS, with the darts!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2020, 02:09:48 pm »
Seigniorage....the art of making money.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2020, 02:31:47 pm »
Forgot Barry Hearn's innate ability to make it....my mistake....told you earlier diagnosed with Early Onset Dementia.....2 yrs left before I end up drooling and talking through a mediator.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2020, 10:27:00 pm »
Forgot Barry Hearn's innate ability to make it....my mistake....told you earlier diagnosed with Early Onset Dementia.....2 yrs left before I end up drooling and talking through a mediator.
Let's hope it ain't the Erm!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2020, 11:14:15 am »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2020, 12:20:22 pm »
Must be more to the "arrest warrant" than reported, I guess.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2020, 04:10:27 pm »
No joy for Jim Williams, Scott Mitchell or young Keane Barry at Q School, Barry losing to Scott Waites in a tour card decider. Wesley Harms and Andy Hamilton are among the qualifiers with Lisa Ashton just about scraping in to make history as the first woman to get through Q School. Cork's Ciaran Teehan got his tour card as a development tour qualifier, might shake up the competition among Irish players as the season progresses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_PDC_Pro_Tour

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2020, 08:49:25 pm »
I saw a Mr Habibi won the FN pools.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2020, 10:37:29 pm »
I saw a Mr Habibi won the FN pools.
"Who cares, Habibi, they're gorgeous" became a come-on line for a whole generation, the first Irish TV slogan to catch the popular ear. The product was biscuits.
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Show Unread Posts