Author Topic: Get yourself checked  (Read 109600 times)

Offline Tony

Re: Get yourself checked
« Reply #630 on: August 06, 2020, 09:07:08 am »
I know this sounds odd but i always had issues with company's offering discounts at the drivers expense but i dont have an issue offering my own regulars a few bob off the meter / set prices, it probably my updragging in ballyer and having a issue with authoritys telling me what and how to do things but thats a different story.
Mr. T-bag to you

dalymount

« Reply #631 on: August 06, 2020, 09:37:07 am »
I disagree with the discount culture at all.this was something Ebbs introduced,and the rest followed suit.what particularly pisses me off cunts coming out of the pub,who DID NOT ask for a discount on the price of their drink,yet expecting us to give them a discount.you can blame the Ebbs prick,he started at YOUR expense

Offline Jonno

« Reply #632 on: August 06, 2020, 09:45:48 am »
I disagree with the discount culture at all.this was something Ebbs introduced,and the rest followed suit.what particularly pisses me off cunts coming out of the pub,who DID NOT ask for a discount on the price of their drink,yet expecting us to give them a discount.you can blame the Ebbs prick,he started at YOUR expense
That's the one I always use when some miserable fuk is looking for a couple of quid off. I know some bar owners who would show these idiots the gate if they kept that shit up. If passenger x kindly gave me a 2 euro tip and I was stupid enough to take 2 euros off the next fellas fare, there's me tip gone. Frigg that. Count these discounts up over the year and you'd be frightened. Probably the price of a nice little holiday

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline John m

« Reply #633 on: April 21, 2023, 09:35:29 am »
To all drivers get your health checked.I always saidi would leave the industry rather then join a dispatcher.imafraid I will be leaving the industry,but not for the reasons stated.Its taking me every fibre of my being to write this,but it helps when I talk about it.I presented at beaumont hospital on monday morning for a coronory angiogram.I thought worst possible scenario was stents.I was bowled over when they told me I need a triple bypass andits urgent.this is from someone who does not drink or smoke and walks 10k 5 days a week.tbh Im scared shitless they are keeping me here till jan when the surgery will be performed in the mater.to those of you who are believers,please pray for me thank you

Went the Doc Yesterday usually Ok just overweight .Two years of Sitting around during The Crazy Cough .More Weight and a touch of Diabeties but My Blood Pressure was Dangerously Hign.I never suffered from High Blood pressure .Doc says Lads like drivers or Office workers who sit down at work restrict their circulation over time especially if you carry a bit of weight .He sent me to the Chemist I asked for a second opinion so he suggested the Morgue .Those Digital Medical watches are not worth a fuck .I went to the Doc as I was getting Swirls and a bit of Double vision .They are signs of Dangerously High Bloodpressure .LOOK AFTER YOUR HEALTH NOBODY ELSE WILL.
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Punter

« Reply #634 on: April 21, 2023, 11:25:52 am »
Concur John M--since I turned 50 all 18 years ago I get a health NCT every year--nearly always same results ,too heavy --drink too much  ,blood pressure near perfect and cholesterol below 5--
This year my eyes started to act up especially when night driving,I had put it down to all the new cars with modern  lighting so Specsavers for new glasses and the Optician asked had I been to Doc which I hadn't at that stage--she said don't delay ,so I assumed Diabetes  --got bloods done ,all fine except white cells were 540 where safe range 100/350  --LIVER DAMAGE !!!
I gather its treatable to a degree but have lost 50% night vision in one eye ,doubtful if ever return but glasses work well --
I put the cause down to a sugar surge in Jan Feb--was baking  for Grandkids and got the tase for jam again --went tru jars of it in couple of months and everything sweet I could find,then it was sleepless nights with legs on fire with itch until I changed lifestyle --so life on improve again--
SO BEWARE and TAKE CARE everyone --

Offline watty

« Reply #635 on: April 21, 2023, 04:58:44 pm »
Yeah, your liver can grow back provided it's not too far gone.  But you'll have to give up the alcohol I'd say.

Don't be so blasé about diabetes.  I reckon it's the worst disease/condition to get.  It'll kill you slowly and it will kill you.  Almost every other disease/condition can be fixed (heart/liver transplants etc).  Even most cancers have a good survival rate these days.  But diabetes is a death sentence IMHO.  It's the one thing I dread getting the most!

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #636 on: April 21, 2023, 07:49:50 pm »
I've 2 doctors ....me left leg ....an me rite leg
 ::sleep
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline John m

« Reply #637 on: April 22, 2023, 09:31:27 am »
Concur John M--since I turned 50 all 18 years ago I get a health NCT every year--nearly always same results ,too heavy --drink too much  ,blood pressure near perfect and cholesterol below 5--
This year my eyes started to act up especially when night driving,I had put it down to all the new cars with modern  lighting so Specsavers for new glasses and the Optician asked had I been to Doc which I hadn't at that stage--she said don't delay ,so I assumed Diabetes  --got bloods done ,all fine except white cells were 540 where safe range 100/350  --LIVER DAMAGE !!!
I gather its treatable to a degree but have lost 50% night vision in one eye ,doubtful if ever return but glasses work well --
I put the cause down to a sugar surge in Jan Feb--was baking  for Grandkids and got the tase for jam again --went tru jars of it in couple of months and everything sweet I could find,then it was sleepless nights with legs on fire with itch until I changed lifestyle --so life on improve again--
SO BEWARE and TAKE CARE everyone --

You can help your liver by drinking about 3 pints of water a day .Must be just water not that flavoured crap .It flushes out the toxins that damage it .Dosent help we go 8 or 9 hours without a piss .On a hot day we are boiling in our own Piss .You can tell how well your liver is by the Colour of your Piss .Not a Good sign if it is Dark Yellow the clearer the Piss the better your liver and Kidneys are working .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Punter

« Reply #638 on: April 22, 2023, 06:41:11 pm »
Currently on Beetroot /Apple which is not as bad as it sounds--with grapes /red apples and blueberries !

Still feel fine but have to avoid any strong flavourings/herbs !

Always was a water person --Volvic ,as tap water in Dun Laoghaire is crap !

Live in hope so !

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #639 on: April 22, 2023, 07:58:47 pm »
Me old drinkin mate usta say…..”I have so much alcohol in me that I never get sick but when I do get sick….its the end.   He was right!! ::fight :2cheers
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #640 on: April 22, 2023, 11:25:41 pm »
It's 90 % genetic ....me cholesterol has bean consistently  up round the 10 mark for at least 30 years ....I've bean told by doctors to go to hospital for tests an I've ignored the cunts ...I'm still here at 57 ....figure that one out ...or write to national geographic ...I'm quite serious....not pulling legs ....my cholesterol apparently was a  heart attack over 30 yers ago ....yet I was at that time fit as fuk and constantly exercisin due to an adhd  insatiable hyperactivity...
To any of yis that get told by " experts" ....that yur goin to die next week .....ignore the cnuts ...first off ..if ya are goin to died ...wat of it ? ...its normal ....
Can yu do antin bout it or prevent it ? I doubt it .....again its genetics an any expert that tells ya to drink 5 liters o water a day an walk 10 miles a day  ( dalymount walked 10 miles a day for yers ) ....is talkin tru his arse cause he's justifying an education that only knows 10 % of reality an he only learned probly 20 % of the available data cause wen he was a student he was focused on disco dancin an gettin his hole like the rest of us ....
Ide say that the main ting is to live with hope ....I'm not an expert ....I'm just a mad cnut ....but don't let the cunts grind ya down .....be yurself ...if yur destination is an early grave...then embrace it ....
Old age homes are full deprevation an abuse ...if ya escape them kips ....Good on ya .....
Each day as it comes ...focus on yur kids
Who'll ya leave behind ....an take time out in nature ....
Anyway keep the chin up
Poor cnuts  :'(
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 11:32:41 pm by Octavia1 »

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #641 on: April 22, 2023, 11:29:53 pm »

a doctor is jus a snake oil
Merchant wit a certificate  ::fds
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 11:39:48 pm by Octavia1 »

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #642 on: April 23, 2023, 06:13:54 am »
I went on statins with cholesterol at 6.8 before Xmas, it had been 5.3 most of my adult life, now back down to 5 after 3 months on statins. Father died at 48, 3rd heart attack, a heavy smoker. Mother got to 92, bowel cancer.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #643 on: April 23, 2023, 11:53:55 am »
Well ….just think about your Mom at 92 and say to her that you are going-to make it to 93. I am sure she would be happy for you, with that Goal,  ::clap
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Belker

« Reply #644 on: April 24, 2023, 03:46:55 am »
I don't do doctors a lot, actually do my best to avoid them if at all possible.
I drink too much, smoke too much and never ever exercise.

When Lucifer calls my number I won't be begging him fer another year or month or anything,
I'll hold out my hands and say to him; "Take me away Bey, I enjoyed every fag and every pint" !!

Show Unread Posts