Author Topic: Get yourself checked  (Read 112027 times)

Offline John m

Re: Get yourself checked
« Reply #840 on: May 17, 2023, 05:49:26 pm »
Watty did you not take the Covid payments opportunity to apply for a Medical Card due to reduced earnings .Or apply for the Drug Refund card .You can do it all on my Welfare ..Apply for a Medical Card on the Grounds of Constant ill health ,they might give you a Doctor only Free Visit Card .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #841 on: May 17, 2023, 06:32:28 pm »
Doc's office phoned me last week, "we note that you turned 70 last month, would you  like us to get you your free GP card"?
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline watty

« Reply #842 on: May 17, 2023, 06:34:47 pm »
I wonder if you'd get preferential treatment off your GP is you paid cash instead of a GP/medical card.  Those cards are worth fuk-all to the GP as they only get "on average, €9 per month" (Indo).  But every time I walk through the door, it's €60 in his pocket (minus expenses etc).  Three visits per year from me and s/he's making more money off me whereas as the medical card holder can call in every day if they feel like it!

Offline John m

« Reply #843 on: May 17, 2023, 06:35:45 pm »
Doc's office phoned me last week, "we note that you turned 70 last month, would you  like us to get you your free GP card"?

You can earn just over 300 a week and get a card .If a fella bought a car the Deposit plus decals and meter plus loss of earnings while off the road might just about bring him under the limit to qualify that year for a Doc visit card that lasts 3 years .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline John m

« Reply #844 on: May 17, 2023, 06:39:26 pm »
I wonder if you'd get preferential treatment off your GP is you paid cash instead of a GP/medical card.  Those cards are worth fuk-all to the GP as they only get "on average, €9 per month" (Indo).  But every time I walk through the door, it's €60 in his pocket (minus expenses etc).  Three visits per year from me and s/he's making more money off me whereas as the medical card holder can call in every day if they feel like it!

If you can qualify then try for it .Its sort of a Chain reaction are you paying for meds ?Fill in an application on line through My Welfare .Let somebody on 13.40 an hour make the decision .If you regularly visit your doctor on our meger earnings you could get a DISCRETIONARY Doc visit card .The Drug Refund scheme gives you back anything you pay over 80 a month .If you dont ask you will never know .

Offline watty

« Reply #845 on: May 17, 2023, 06:41:47 pm »
Even after expenses, I earn more than 300/week so that's out.  Some guys claim to earn that in one Saturday night!

Offline John m

« Reply #846 on: May 17, 2023, 06:46:31 pm »
Even after expenses, I earn more than 300/week so that's out.  Some guys claim to earn that in one Saturday night!

Note DISCRETIONARY ,dont ask me how they apply it I know a Millionaire who has one .Apply let them decide ,thats what they go to the office or work from home for .

Offline watty

Offline John m

« Reply #848 on: May 17, 2023, 07:07:16 pm »
Here is the Loophole ...If your income is over the limit for a medical card or GP visit card, you may still qualify for a discretionary card if your medical expenses would cause you financial hardship without one.

Offline Shallow Hal

« Reply #849 on: May 17, 2023, 07:15:14 pm »
B12 and Vit D shortage usually down to lack of sunlight .Sleep during the Day work at night .Dracula Syndrome messes with your Blood .

Getting plenty of sunlight John...up at 4.30am,out the door at 5.30,home by 1.30....if the sun is shining Hal doesn't need any promting to get the leopard skin thong on and lie on the neighbours shed!!

8 hours  :o ya hungry b......d   lol

I know Octy.....it's who I am!! lol

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #850 on: May 17, 2023, 09:38:23 pm »
I suppose that one has to trust the hippocratic oath. My doc is in a group practice, where one pays at reception before the visit, so the doc doesn't see the money, and presumeably is on a salary, and pension etc.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #851 on: May 17, 2023, 11:21:07 pm »
I suppose that one has to trust the hippocratic oath. My doc is in a group practice, where one pays at reception before the visit, so the doc doesn't see the money, and presumeably is on a salary, and pension etc.
Sure, don't taxi drivers pay for their food BEFORE they eat it? 8)

Offline Horse

« Reply #852 on: June 06, 2023, 09:21:19 am »
It's been a month since I was in hospital and still no sign of a bill. Looks like I won't have to pay anything at this stage. That's not a bad service eh. No medical card,  no insurance and still no bill.

Offline Belker

« Reply #853 on: June 06, 2023, 09:37:12 am »
It's been a month since I was in hospital and still no sign of a bill. Looks like I won't have to pay anything at this stage. That's not a bad service eh. No medical card,  no insurance and still no bill.
As your from Tallaght and with a nickname/handle as 'Horse' they prob guessed that you were a knacker, and they don't bill knackers !!

Offline John m

« Reply #854 on: June 06, 2023, 09:46:14 am »

Pony it took them 4  days to invoice me but charges are done away with since March ..I have a dialogue going on with Minister Donnolly ....Dear Minister .
       I have just received a Phone call from Legal and Credit Management Services on behalf of Tallaght Hospital for 80 euro .
Minister you are presiding over ineptitude and waste of the highest Order I attended for a day service on 24/1/2023 .I received a PARTIAL SERVICE as now 4 months later neither I or my Doctor have received the results so neither of us know how to proceed with my treatment .I received another invite to attend Tallaght Hospital some time when they deem they are ready as no date was offered for the revisit so I must assume they have need for further exploration.

I rang the Hospital on numerous occasions to try to get the results but the farce that starts with contacting Reception to be put through to a department that informs you it is not them so send you back to reception who then put you through to a member of the Professors team who are not there so the Phone tells you not to leave a message .This process has been completed more than once but nobody to ask for my results and GDPR prevents anybody from outside the Department telling me .

Now I am a taxi driver ,if you book me to take you to the airport and I drop you at the Red Cow you hardly expect to pay me for an incomplete Service but Your Department are allowing the HSE to harass me for money for a service not rendered .I spoke to the Girl in Accounts from the Hospital and explained I had no problem paying when the Service was fully rendered but she sent on the Bill to a Collection agency .

Now Minister take legal Notice if I or my Credit rating is affected by this action I shall take Legal Action against Your Department ,Tallaght University Hospital and the HSE .The Service I am being charged for is incomplete and has caused huge anxiety to me as I fret waiting to find out if I have or have not got Bowel Cancer while Tallaght Hospital staff find time to implement Debt Collecting Actions but not post out a result of a procedure .

I have no problem paying for the Service when the service is rendered in full .I doubt there is any basis for issuing a bill for incomplete Services I know as a Professional Taxi Driver I would not expect to be paid if I did not complete your Journey .

Show Unread Posts