Author Topic: Dare I ask..  (Read 5928 times)

Offline Bob Shillin

Re: Dare I ask..
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2020, 06:49:51 pm »
You speculate that the public might return en masse to street hails because of a gigantic hike in pick up charges?

These corporates are monsters, permanent growth is in their DNA, how will they be able to continue increasing their percentage every few years. Serious competition is the only answer, or am I becoming a free marketeer? I have written to a traditional despatcher regarding all of them mounting a fight, but am not getting much enthusiasm within their group for it. "Niche" is what I'm hearing.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

dalymount

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2020, 06:50:59 pm »
Dispatch firms dont provide the service ,YOU DO .why in the name of christ do you ask permission of dispatchers for a PUC increase,the NTA at
Re the only people who can sanction this,not vinnie fukin kearns,noel ebb,or kellyom or F/N

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2020, 07:25:42 pm »
Not sure who you're addressing, DM but I have no intention of and haven't proposed asking any dispatcher for a fare increase, whether restricted to PUC or otherwise. My only proposal as far as an increase goes is that NTA should give us a pro rata increase. I'm going to study the taxi cost index to see if there's anything of relevance in that before contacting NTA, probably.

A 25% fare increase would, IMO, serve to reduce demand BS. That's not necessarily a bad thing as Free Now are blue in the face telling us they can't cover their work. As the increase would be directed at relevant fares it stands to reason that a lot of those clients will snail hail instead of eHailing.. they might even hold out for a car that accepts cards, who knows?

dalymount

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2020, 08:42:19 pm »
I suppose rat,im thinking of the times the dispatchers would not allow drivers to charge PUC,and I immediately thought WHO THE FUKK DO THESE CUNTS THINK THEY ARE TO DIRECT TAXI DRIVERS BUSINESS FOR THEM .I suppose it all stemsfrom my hathered for these people

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2020, 12:52:15 am »
Part of the T&Cs I guess... well, not when Hail0 started but after they had enough to be able to afford to lose the upstarts...

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2020, 12:04:09 am »
Whistle again anyone?
The fat bauld guy captain cabbage with 50 plates about

Wheres he now?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2020, 11:02:15 am »
Collecting rent on his plates/fleet I guess.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2020, 07:37:51 pm »
Whistle again anyone?

Wheres he now?
Captain Boyle, a darling man, a dear darling man! 8)

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2020, 10:57:54 pm »
Whistle again anyone?

Wheres he now?
Back driving a taxi, after changing his name to include his middle name

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2020, 02:29:25 pm »
It is a Jag, to be fair.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2020, 05:25:03 pm »
It is a Jag, to be fair.
Bobby Chariot.

Offline U Wha

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2020, 06:01:45 am »
Just a thought...

Rather than taxi drivers try to run an app or call centre.

Maybe the drivers could become organised in some fashion, a co-op or association.

With enough mass they could develop/control/own the app.

At that point they contract or tender out the operation of the service to a independent call centre operator, because that is what they they are good at.

Similar to Transdev operating the Luas or GoAhead Buses operating routes for the State.

A profit is built in to the contract but the policies and direction will be decided by the drivers.

Rules out any start up money and or drivers trying to run a call centre and app.

Drivers would self promote tpo get the word out.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2020, 10:00:18 am »
Why would you develop something and then contract it out to a commercial firm?

Drivers have self-promoted several firms including Whistle, Flag and Taxy with little or no success. Flag and Taxy have invested in marketing with little or no success. As long as clients can get a car from Free Now they will continue to use it. To be fair to Free Now it is still allocating a significant proportion of it's work to licensed taxis in Ireland and despite it's requirement to align our commission with that charged by the UK parent company - who's introductory rate is 24% - we are still only paying 15%. Of course, full alignment will come but at least we know that now. What we don't know is if and when regulation will permit Free Now to launch it's P2P rideshare brands in Ireland.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 10:02:50 am by Rat Catcher »

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2020, 02:18:56 pm »
You speculate that the public might return en masse to street hails because of a gigantic hike in pick up charges?

These corporates are monsters, permanent growth is in their DNA, how will they be able to continue increasing their percentage every few years. Serious competition is the only answer, or am I becoming a free marketeer? I have written to a traditional despatcher regarding all of them mounting a fight, but am not getting much enthusiasm within their group for it. "Niche" is what I'm hearing.
Nicht  is what I read!

Offline Belker

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2020, 07:33:47 am »
Just a thought...

Rather than taxi drivers try to run an app or call centre.

Maybe the drivers could become organised in some fashion, a co-op or association.

With enough mass they could develop/control/own the app.

At that point they contract or tender out the operation of the service to a independent call centre operator, because that is what they they are good at.

Similar to Transdev operating the Luas or GoAhead Buses operating routes for the State.

A profit is built in to the contract but the policies and direction will be decided by the drivers.

Rules out any start up money and or drivers trying to run a call centre and app.

Drivers would self promote tpo get the word out.
Any app would require commission to run it, as in base staff wages, lecky, rent, I.T., Advertising, Etc.
Taxi drivers would love and jump all over an app with no commission, but that won't ever happen.

As fer Unity amongst drivers, I have seen more unity at a Rangers/Celtic match ?

Show Unread Posts