Author Topic: The late great Minister Ross  (Read 14418 times)

john m

Re: The late great Minister Ross
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2020, 01:27:57 pm »
Less cars = more taxi trips, erm.

So lack of Supply Fill in the B...K ?

john m

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2020, 01:30:27 pm »
Rideshare might come in the form of more hackneys. Hard to know how good, bad or indifferent SF will be for our trade.... there isn't a Provo taxi firm in Belfast that doesn't have a "private taxi" i.e. unlicensed car option. Republican Norn Iron had rideshare before your man that made Uber was a sperm.

Black Cabs on the Falls are all Rideshare driven by x prisoners ,You jump in fixed fares short trip £1.50 long trip£1.90 .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2020, 01:31:37 pm »
More hackneys so Free Now can expand it's mainland Kapten_ brand into the 32 county Republic and and align freight with an introductory offer @24%?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2020, 01:36:38 pm »
How safe is John Curran today, erm?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2020, 01:38:20 pm »
Shane Ross had the choice to ban rickshaws or regulate them, he went with regulation even though he was nearly killed in one before he made the decision, also he knew about all the drug dealing they were at.

I'm anti SFand would never vote for them but there is no party who is a friend of taxi drivers or who are anti ride share, alan Kelly from Labour wanted it introduced as did that knob Jim Daly fine gael.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2020, 01:43:08 pm »
To be fair, taxi drivers' unions support drug dealers driving taxis... and Minister Ross did favour a ban on Rickshaws but didn't believe it was legally possible or something like that. Hard not to agree that the taxi trade isn't high on any party's agenda but at least the left ought to be opposed to working men being exploited by multinational conglomerates because of FF/FG pandering to big business.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2020, 04:00:11 pm »
I didnt know that if its true about him being against it. I take it back.

dalymount

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2020, 05:50:14 pm »
If it was legally possible in Galway to get rid of rickshaws,why was it not legally possible in Dublin ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2020, 05:58:14 pm »
Dunno, DM... He said he wanted to ban them but couldn't. Probably a good thing for drivers that work the city - apart from muscling in on the unionised drivers drugs trade. Do you remember your man that used to contribute to Roy's Blog telling us the Galway taxi drivers were queuing for 2 hours for €4 fares after the rickshaws were banned.

Offline watty

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2020, 06:01:01 pm »
https://www.thejournal.ie/rickshaws-galway-city-promocabs-cork-galway-ban-830955-Mar2013/
Looks they were banned from pedestrianised areas only.

I think the general problem with banning rickshaws was that 'they' couldn't define them well enough legally to ban them.  They were sort-of half-a-vehicle & half-a-bicycle.  Something like that anyways?

dalymount

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2020, 06:01:43 pm »
Ben I think was his name.Roy banned him forbeinh racist,and me soon after for agreeing with him

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2020, 06:02:40 pm »
He closed the Blog then - well closed it to public comments, I think he still posted stuff himself for a while... too many complaints about racism or incitement to hatred.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2020, 06:27:23 pm »
too many complaints about racism or incitement to hatred.

Par for the course with them taxi forums.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2020, 06:28:50 pm »
They come and go... we haven't had complaints for ages, touch wood.

john m

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2020, 06:54:49 pm »
https://www.thejournal.ie/rickshaws-galway-city-promocabs-cork-galway-ban-830955-Mar2013/
Looks they were banned from pedestrianised areas only.

I think the general problem with banning rickshaws was that 'they' couldn't define them well enough legally to ban them.  They were sort-of half-a-vehicle & half-a-bicycle.  Something like that anyways?

FFS how many times DCC done a deal with JC DEcaux to supply the renta bike the deal included Decaux could erect billboards and use PEDALCARS to advertise .You will remember the 7up ones giving free rides .Unlike Galway who done a different deal DCC wrote bylaws to cover their deal with Decaux .If they banned them Now then Decaux would claim they broke the deal and look to renegotiate ans seek millions in compo for the loss of their pedal cars .Thats why the council wont ban them plus how do you define Pedalcar Rickshaw is just a nickname for a type of Pedalcar .

Show Unread Posts