Author Topic: A Nation Once Again?  (Read 5771 times)

dalymount

Re: A Nation Once Again?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 12:38:41 pm »
Listen im sure its a very interesting conversation that yis are having,but is there any chance yis could speak plain english so that me,and other posters on who are equally as thick can understand ?

john m

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 12:41:32 pm »
The council had a deal where they took over private rented houses for a period... think it's a 10 year deal. A few of my neighbours are on that deal.

The assett price of those Gaffs will of recovered now so the Banks/Creditors can realise their capital investment along with any rents accrued .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 12:43:34 pm »
Listen im sure its a very interesting conversation that yis are having,but is there any chance yis could speak plain english so that me,and other posters on who are equally as thick can understand ?

You want us to dumb it down.....on here..really?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 12:44:28 pm »
I'm guessing you're addressing the erm, DM? I just skip over his contributions if they extend beyond two lines.

john m

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 12:46:25 pm »
Big noise in IBEC complaining that not enough people looking for work he blames childcare costs and transport for keeping women out of the workforce .So he thinks the Government ie us tax payers should subsidise childcare and transport so more people can go to work to make profits for businesses .The more people looking for work the lower the wages offered so what they are really saying is subsidise your competition to compete with you for work .As Lip says we are living in a Marxist World .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 12:50:41 pm »
Child care is certainly an issue.

john m

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 12:52:06 pm »
Child care is certainly an issue.
and the answer is Mothers if you cant look after them dont have them .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 12:58:24 pm »
That's an answer. However, we should also try to make working for a living a viable alternative to living on welfare for everyone, including those who choose to be parents.

john m

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 01:00:41 pm »
That's an answer. However, we should also try to make working for a living a viable alternative to living on welfare for everyone, including those who choose to be parents.
No prob give everybody a few quid  then increase tax on work for those who chose to do any .As in make work pay ,you do know thats what they mean when they say Make work pay not that workers should benifit from work .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 01:03:20 pm »
If/when SF lead Govt we might see a different approach.

john m

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 01:07:06 pm »
If/when SF lead Govt we might see a different approach.

Soup Kitchens .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 01:11:42 pm »
If they manage to scare the public and business owners into an early recession they'll have solved the traffic problems, high rents and high property prices. Resulting in cheaper land and cheaper social housing units.

Fulfilling their election promises the easy way. Genius.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 01:18:36 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2020, 01:13:32 pm »
Arbeit Macht Frei.......could be the new slogan.

john m

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 01:33:19 pm »
I was at a housing discussion with a few of my lefty buddies they bring me for the Craic .One speaker said they should limit the amount of time land is zoned for housing and if you dont use it you lose the zoning .Everybody clapped .I stood up and asked where were the construction workers to build these houses he said they would come in from abroad .I asked where would they live while they built the houses he said they would rent I said so they would put Irish families out on the street and push up rents and due to high rents they would demand higher wages pushing up the cost of construction so even when the houses were built people couldnt afford to buy them unless they were high paid construction workers who would lose their construction jobs because nobody could afford to buy the houses they built .The solution is what we have now big investors like insurance companies and pension funds build for rent the state subsides the rent wont be long before some party say all rents should be tax deductable and then tax the landlords profits to gain back the tax credits offered to renters and the result of that will be no more house building .I offered a different option the state offer Families remember our constitution is based on the family a plot be it for a house or space in a tower block .The family raise the loan if say I want my kids to have a place I use my home as equity for the loan so they can contribute their share of the building costs meaning that the block will be owner occupied using the family home that they were going to inherit any way as collateral now, for their home meaning they dont wish you dead to get the Gaff .Your gaff would never be in Jeopardy as the house or appartment that was built would cover your liabilities if ever sold and the government could guarantee any difference if the value to loan ever dropped below your equity .Im sure most parents would put up the family home if they thought it was not at risk .You are only putting it up as security for a loan for the builder to complete the work as soon as the gaffs are built they become the security for the loan .Your kids get a gaff at cost of building .
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 01:37:12 pm by john m »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 01:37:47 pm »
Would you need builders?

Show Unread Posts