Author Topic: Treating meself for valentines Day  (Read 3551 times)

Offline stonethecrows

Re: Treating meself for valentines Day
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 04:28:38 pm »
Vik is sitting pretty today....i'd say his missus got him a fluffer for Valentine's day.....he'll be ready for her when she gets home!!
Alls I got was a card, all she got was a card and flowers.
We are off out to a Ball for the school tonight so saved a fortune on dinner out.(yes she paid for the tickets  ;D 8))
Super, hope you have a Ball
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2020, 05:15:39 pm »
Fill her with gargle and pull the shantoos out of her at the back of the bike shed!!

Offline watty

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2020, 05:23:01 pm »
So I thought I would give meself a little treat for valentines Day and read the Latest OECD report for Ireland .And Look what I found

To tackle congestion, the OECD sees a need for car-riding services because the greater Dublin region is so spread out for public transport to cope.

“Under such a ride-sharing model, individual private car rides are replaced by rides in shared taxis or shared taxi-buses. These services are modelled to be available on-demand either at the doorstep or at the next street corner.”

To cut carbon emissions, “a more ambitious arrangement that shifted all private car travel in Dublin to shared mobility services and the existing rail and light-rail transport network could result in even more dramatic results”.
Something like that has been tried in America involving Uber.  There were 2 versions.  One was the local (small) city basically got rid of the buses and paid Uber to be the local bus service.  Pax got vouchers or something.  On paper, it was cheaper than having buses on the road.  The second version was keeping small bus service that kept to the main roads and uber would drive people to centralised bus stops.  Don't know how either one worked out in the end.

A counterpoint to the OECD report would be to build high-density apartments in the city.  That would solve 2 problems - transport and housing - in one go.  You can pay me via paypal, I don't take cheques :)

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2020, 06:57:11 pm »
Vik is sitting pretty today....i'd say his missus got him a fluffer for Valentine's day.....he'll be ready for her when she gets home!!
Alls I got was a card, all she got was a card and flowers.
We are off out to a Ball for the school tonight so saved a fortune on dinner out.(yes she paid for the tickets  ;D 8))
Borstal  has a dinner dance?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2020, 06:58:35 pm »
I booked a table for Two, then realised she hasn't got a snooker cue!

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2020, 08:14:09 pm »
Ya lucky ducker...Left the car out last night...was opened and not a word..Made her a full salmon dinner and still not a word...Effin bliss this is...
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2020, 03:45:40 pm »
I was properly stitched up in Lidl... bought the usual chocolates, flowers and card but was in Tesco later and the poxy flowers were half the price. I hope I remember that next year. Valentines always reminds me of my old mate who died just over a year ago. One year it fell on a Saturday so we were out for the afternoon backing horses and drinking pints... anywaysanall I says I don't want to get too pissed 'cos I had to take her out in the evening, a few hours later we fell into Superquinn where i says we better equip ourselves with the usual cards, chocolates and flowers before showing our faces at our respective abodes. Fuck that, says he, the last thing she needs to do is shovel a pound of fuckin chocolate down her neck!

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2020, 04:09:20 pm »
That's so romantic
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Show Unread Posts