Author Topic: Contact tracing  (Read 12402 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Contact tracing
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2020, 10:41:12 pm »
34...did i say that?.....fuk....i feel old now!!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2020, 10:43:46 pm »
You're not........but you might do when Leo announces the schools are closing until Sept...teachers being redeployed to health service...,,,thank fuck I'm useless....

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2020, 01:19:58 am »
You can get up to €410/week on the dole... €350 no questions asked.
Not if you are 66+, presumeably because they assume that you can get by on the state pension of €248. The pension that you spent 47 years paying for, and, upon which you have been paying tax when added to any other earnings.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2020, 02:21:28 am »
Yep...every lining has a silver cloud
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2020, 11:26:12 am »

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2020, 11:35:18 am »
There is nothing down there????
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2020, 11:38:12 am »
There is nothing down there????

you might need to enlarge the picture to see it, depending on your device, shame as it's very uplifting

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2020, 08:29:31 pm »
Not if you are 66+, presumeably because they assume that you can get by on the state pension of €248. The pension that you spent 47 years paying for, and, upon which you have been paying tax when added to any other earnings.

They haven't detailed criteria for the 70% one yet as far as I know. There's something severely wrong with forcing you to accept the lower payment. Of course, you shouldn't get both but the higher one ought to apply. Might be worth visiting your TD, take some ground pepper to sniff while you're in there.

john m

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2020, 09:33:06 pm »
Bit late now. I wandered around loads of shops last Thursday... picking stuff up, putting it down... only started wondering how many diseased fuckers done the same before me when it was too late... and, with my OCD, I have to root around supermarket shelves looking at BB dates to make sure I'm getting the freshest stuff.

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2020, 10:55:31 pm »

They haven't detailed criteria for the 70% one yet as far as I know. There's something severely wrong with forcing you to accept the lower payment. Of course, you shouldn't get both but the higher one ought to apply. Might be worth visiting your TD, take some ground pepper to sniff while you're in there.
Of course I should get both. The state pension is a taxable return on a 47 year investment, not a gift. When others collect their state pension, they will do so having already received the crisis payment. It's effectively means testing for one class of citizen only.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:00:47 pm by Bob Shillin »
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

john m

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2020, 11:03:24 pm »
There is a rule you can only get one state payment ,So if you are a pensioner you might not get the i Cant work payment as well .

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2020, 11:15:13 pm »
There is a rule you can only get one state payment ,So if you are a pensioner you might not get the i Cant work payment as well .
Yes, as mentioned, I am aware of that, just highlighting that the state pension is not a "gift" it's a return on investment and disqualifying because of it is effectively means tedting which does not apply to any other recipient. I am still in the workforce contributing significantly to revenue when working and will have to be for at least another 6 years health permitting.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2020, 08:05:04 pm »
Dunno, BS... I'm guessing you probably made significant contributions but why should a taximan (for example) who paid min PRSI all his life (i.e. less than one week's return per YEAR for most of his life and less than two week's return for a few years) get the same return? There's an element of community rating which implies an element of "welfare". Similarly there's not much difference between contributory and non-contributory as far as the rate of payment is concerned.

In any event the €350 is an emergency payment. To be frank, looking for more than that is just greedy in my mind. I do, however, believe you should get the balance i.e. a ton odd.

dalymount

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2020, 08:39:04 pm »
While it is a good welfare offer,you can also claim for a dependent adult,but this requires you to fill out a job seekers benefit form afaik

Show Unread Posts