Author Topic: our new green government  (Read 32576 times)

Offline Justin Time

Re: our new green government
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2020, 01:58:37 pm »
Greens will implode this government wont pass a budget .Greens were forcasting 68% yes and it turns out to be 74%  Party might split overnight .but your right Roy we do need a government .

You're constantly predicting doom and gloom, everything will fail at the next hurdle, then when it doesn't it'll be the hurdle after that, then when it finally does fail you claim great foresight.

Roy how the fuck can this Government work .The Most successful party leader Ryan who increased his party from 2 seats to 12 is being challenged by his deputy .Martin and Leo lost bucketloads of seats and both are going to be Taoiseach .How the fuck will that work .Wait till the reality of the Budget in October comes home to roost then see how united it is .Oh yea GET A FUCKINH GUN .

How will it work you ask. Look at whats just happened. The 2 civil war partys came together to keep the shinners out.
If Micheal Martin didnt become Taoiseach he would have been the first FF leader not to be Taoiseach.
FFs core belief is that they are "the Government", it is their "right" to be in Government.They will sel their souls to be in power and thats exactly what they have done now.

Fianna Failers are a quare bunch (dalymount will love me using that term),once a Fianna Failer always a Fianna Failer.

I use to have a mate who was a FFer, you could not say one bad word about them. He was the typical, arrogant, ignorant, misogynistic man, all the things needed to be one.

FG after the election wanted to be in opposition Leo said it. But when the likelihood was a Sinn Fein Gov,they too, sold their souls to join with FF

As for the Greens, they are biggest turn coats since a former taxi union rep became something else.
There wont be enough room in a phone box for them after the next election.

When it comes down to it, as Kelly (labour leader) said "Power is a drug".

Thats why this will work. 

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2020, 08:21:08 pm »
Do you mean to continue to work like it has..I see reality for what it is and Ermy sees the bigger Ponzi scheme too.I dont just spread doom and gloom...Life will go on?...but if my car crashes into a wall...I dont go out and fill it with putty ...I deal with reality......Shit!I have real things to do...
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

dalymount

« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2020, 08:29:51 pm »
Ffs got me insurance quote from BJP on Friday.no bonus protection ( which I said I did not want in fairness ) no penalty points,full no claims bonus,and they STILL  came back to me with a quote for almost 2 k .they can shove that,I got a quote from taxifair for 1514 about 2 weeks ago

john m

« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2020, 08:47:49 pm »
WILL IT LAST ,,,,,,,Dublin Central TD Neasa Hourigan resigned the Green Party whip ahead of her decision to vote against the Government’s legislation on rent freezes and eviction ban for those impacted by Covid-19.

On Thursday in the Dáil, Ms Hourigan backed a Labour Party amendment which would have extended the legislation to all tenants.

The Dublin Central TD has confirmed she took the decision to abdicate her position as her party’s whip before the vote.

She has said she informed her party’s executive council by writing to tell them of her decision.

While Ms Hourigan has said it is not her intention to leave the Green Party, she has said it is now up to the party to decide her fate.

"I have significant concerns as to the impact of this legislation on levels of homelessness across the state. I do not believe it takes into account the scale of the Coronavirus pandemic and the need to keep people safe in their homes. Eviction due to sale is directly in conflict with Green Party policy and so I am unable to support this bill," she said.

Ms Hourigan also voted against the government on multiple amendments to the bill.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40024838.html

john m

« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2020, 10:58:37 pm »
The house of cards ....THURSDAY, JULY 30, 2020 - 22:15 PM
DANIEL MCCONNELL AND AOIFE MOORE
One of the Government's own junior ministers abstained on a vote on one of its own bills.

The position of two leading Green Party TDs hung in the balance after they failed to back the Government’s position on a bill relating to evictions and rent freezes.

Green Party junior minister Joe O’Brien abstained on the final vote of the Residential Tenancies Bill which was being debated in the Dáil after his party colleague Neasa Hourigan voted against it.

A senior Government source told the Irish Examiner: “It is very hard to see how his position can be justified. It undermines the stability of the whole coalition. While there may be sympathy for Joe personally, you just can’t do that as a minister.”

“The decision of a junior minister of a government to fail to support its own legislation is a very serious situation and normally is a signal of a willingness to resign from office,” said one senior government source.

The Green Party were struggling to contain the fall-out of the situation as a meeting of the parliamentary party took place to discuss the impact of Mr O’Brien and Ms Hourigan’s decision.

In a statement released on social media, Mr O’Brien said: “Re tonight's vote: The issue of homelessness is an extremely important one for me, I’ve worked in the area, I’ve been a whistleblower in the area, I have friends who work in the NGOs and I feel we need to do everything we can to tackle it. I’m elected in part to be a legislator.”

“I wasn’t convinced that this piece of legislation was the best we could have done in what are, to be fair, unusual circumstances. This was mainly due to its extremely rushed nature. I had read enough and heard enough to make it clear to me that it could have been stronger in terms of preventing and reducing homelessness. The issue here was not dedicating sufficient time to a piece of legislation that could have profound consequences on people's lives,” he said.

Learn more
“I knew my vote was not going to defeat the bill but I felt I also had to give a signal that how it was done was not good enough,” he said.

The Irish Examiner has confirmed that the three party leaders – Eamon Ryan, Taoiseach Micheál Martin and Tánaiste Leo Varadkar – spoke about Mr O’Brien’s abstention and it is understood they agreed to allow this remain an internal Green Party matter.

The sense was that it would be unfair to seek his head for what was termed a first offence.

Earlier: Neasa Hourigan resigns as Green Party whip before voting against Govt

By Daniel McConnell, Political Editor

Dublin Central TD Neasa Hourigan resigned the Green Party whip ahead of her decision to vote against the Government’s legislation on rent freezes and eviction ban for those impacted by Covid-19.

On Thursday in the Dáil, Ms Hourigan backed a Labour Party amendment which would have extended the legislation to all tenants.

The Dublin Central TD has confirmed she took the decision to abdicate her position as her party’s whip before the vote.

She has said she informed her party’s executive council by writing to tell them of her decision.

While Ms Hourigan has said it is not her intention to leave the Green Party, she has said it is now up to the party to decide her fate.

"I have significant concerns as to the impact of this legislation on levels of homelessness across the state. I do not believe it takes into account the scale of the Coronavirus pandemic and the need to keep people safe in their homes. Eviction due to sale is directly in conflict with Green Party policy and so I am unable to support this bill," she said.

Ms Hourigan also voted against the government on multiple amendments to the bill.

Meanwhile, Junior minister and Dublin Fingal TD Joe O’Brien abstained in the final vote on his own government’s Bill.

The fate of Ms Hourigan and Mr O'Brien were the topic of discussion at a parliamentary party meeting of the Greens on Thursday night.

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #230 on: July 31, 2020, 03:20:25 am »
Blah
Six legs good, four legs bad!

john m

« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2020, 06:55:17 am »
AH  the lunatics have taken control .Watch Mick and Leo letting on it dosent matter Two government TDs dont support the government and fuck all happens but if you had a gargle a few years ago you get shafted .Democracy you got to love it .

Offline watty

« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2020, 09:30:21 am »
Storm in a teacup.  The Dail (3 working days/week) is on their "Summer" hols from now until Halloween.

Offline Pugwat

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2020, 10:35:10 am »
The green party punished them by banning them from speaking in the Dáil for 8 weeks. It's closing down for 6 weeks so no worries there.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2020, 10:35:15 am »
Never mind that shit .... yuv worse tings to be worried bout

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0731/1156594-eid-croke-park/
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2020, 10:39:22 am »
Storm in a teacup.  The Dail (3 working days/week) is on their "Summer" hols from now until Halloween.

Wait till September when they try pass a budget .Think Dollymount is onto something .You own a second gaff you bought for your pension sinking all you savings into the deposit and some yoke getting Covid Coin and the HAP dosent pay the rent you cant evict them .and today the Banks announced they are no longer paying interest and will actually charge you to hold your money that they will lend for profit .So you got 100k lump sum from your pension that you paid over your working life and the banks wont pay you interest on it .Think Big Dommo was right hasent worked since he finished his Anco early school leavers course in 1978.The Greens ,SF,Labour couldnt vote to extend this as it wasent extended for long enough .

Charlie Weston 

July 31 2020 02:30 AM

Bank of Ireland is to impose negative interest rates on cash held in pensions, in a move that will hit people saving for their retirement hard.

The move represents the first time negative rates will have been charged to consumers.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 10:55:23 am by john m »

john m

« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2020, 10:45:15 am »

Where is the problem with 200 people celebrating their faith .Sure our government spent millions bringing over a Cabaret Pope not the real one but his doppleganger to celebrate buggering kids burying other kids in sesspools in Galway selling kids like livestock .Good to see the GAA are moving with the times .Happy Eid to all our Muslim friends and Colleagues .

john m

« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2020, 10:51:02 am »
NOW WATCH THE GREENS ....The Supreme Court has quashed the 2017 National Mitigation Plan on the basis that it does not provide enough detail about how the State will reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

The case against the State was brought by Friends of the Irish Environment.

So they had a sort of deal but now they have nothing  with Friends like that the environment is fucked .

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2020, 12:52:18 pm »

Where is the problem with 200 people celebrating their faith .Sure our government spent millions bringing over a Cabaret Pope not the real one but his doppleganger to celebrate buggering kids burying other kids in sesspools in Galway selling kids like livestock .Good to see the GAA are moving with the times .Happy Eid to all our Muslim friends and Colleagues .

Anything that flies in the face( or 737s into buildings) of a
Fossil of a t-rex  is a dangerous political  idealology hell bent on control of community , a culture and a country ...  you try going to saudi Arabia an asking can you organise a nativity play in a  city's stadium wer they behead people for not believing in Allen every sunday with popcorn an toffee apples for the kids . .....
That's wat wrong with it ....
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #239 on: July 31, 2020, 12:57:06 pm »
Sure we play American Football there as well and look how them cunts treat their population .Death penalty ,ethnic cleansing ,Democracy denies ,Christian fundamentalism Science deniers God Bless the USA .

Show Unread Posts