Author Topic: LTDA (UK) newspaper.  (Read 10424 times)

Offline Belker

LTDA (UK) newspaper.
« on: May 20, 2020, 02:37:35 pm »
19  May 2020||||TAXI5@TheLTDA||||www.ltda.co.uktrade.

“If you look at the origins of FreeNow it’s easy to see why they’re changing tack,” says Vinny Kearns, CEO of Xpert Taxis and NXT Taxis and former Vice President of the National Taxi Drivers Union.“In Ireland we first experienced the arrival of Hailo and this model was attractive for drivers as they only paid if they worked with the app and it was only 10% commission. It was a fully automated app, so the drivers got nothing extra to compare with the services of a traditional company - such as advice on legal matters, insurance, taxation and often just a friendly person to help with health or personal matters.”Kearns explains how they bought market share with vouchers and discounts but Hailo ended up failing and were bought out of receivership by MyTaxi. “We should at this point look at who lost out, such as the state coffers, investors and local communities...” says Kearns. “In a similar manner, MyTaxi with new investors and the same business model, blitzed the market with advertising...” adds Kearns. “They slightly altered the model, as drivers commission increased to 12%. MyTaxi then sought further investment and rebranded as FreeNow and raised the costs to drivers to 15% commission. They spent more on advertising in one year than the rest of the taxi companies together spent over a decade. But if you continue to do the same things again and again you get the same results as Hailo.”“As the motor industry (who continue to fund these loss making apps, are in crisis during Covid-19 and may never recoup lost sales), review their investments, you can see what is happening with the imposed merger of Kapten and FreeNow in an effort to stem further losses. Kapten, which is not in Ireland yet, have fared reasonably well as they are concentrating on the private hire market but FreeNow have not. They’re trying to flood the market with their discounts and their in-your-face-advertising.”Kearns adds that “In Ireland we do not have the private hire market that exists throughout the UK, and our National Transport Authority has stated clearly that Taxi Public Hire licenses are freely available - so there is no requirement for private hire other than for the top end executive car chauffeur market. If and when the motor industry ever reviews their policy of investment in taxi apps and seek to exit, they can only exit with substantial losses. If they acted similarly to other major investors, they would have cashed in their chips long ago.”
- Wim Faber.
https://www.taxinewspaper.co.uk/assets/files/downloads/Taxi_468.pdf

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: LTDA (UK) newspaper.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 02:41:31 pm »
Fair play to Vinny... still giving drivers a voice...

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 02:58:49 pm »
I think being able to provide a taxi almost immediately is what proved to be Hailo/Mytaxi/freenow with their customers.

Advertising isn't as effective as good service.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 04:47:11 pm »
I think being able to provide a taxi almost immediately is what proved to be Hailo/Mytaxi/freenow with their customers.

Advertising isn't as effective as good service.
Yes more FN cars available at any time, traceability, easy card payments, immediate voice, and location contact with the driver, the magic of the interweb, the age profile of current taxi users who do everything from the mobile, and the lack of timely action/investment/fundraising by the trad despatchers.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

dalymount

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 05:05:43 pm »
The fact that Kearns made such a detailed. criticism of the opposition suggest to me anyway,he is in trouble.this is the same fukker who made sure tou couldnt get taxi insurance unless you joined his unuon.a friend of mine took him to task at that time on the Joe Duffy show.needles to say he denied it to the hilt

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 05:17:33 pm »
The fact that Kearns made such a detailed. criticism of the opposition suggest to me anyway,he is in trouble.this is the same fukker who made sure tou couldnt get taxi insurance unless you joined his unuon.a friend of mine took him to task at that time on the Joe Duffy show.needles to say he denied it to the hilt
That's a pretty lambasting remark to make, do you have a link or any proof at all, or even anyone on here to Second your accusation ?

dalymount

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 05:28:36 pm »
Ts going back years ago

Offline Belker

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 05:47:33 pm »
That's a pretty lambasting remark to make, do you have a link or any proof at all, or even anyone on here to Second your accusation ?
Ts going back years ago
So you have no link, no proof or anyone to Second you on your wild allegation ?

There is such a thing as 'Slander' law in this country.

dalymount

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 05:59:20 pm »
So let your buddy take me to court then

Offline Belker

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 07:50:03 pm »
So let your buddy take me to court then
Actually it's 'Libel', rather than 'Slander' as it is a printed statement 'Libel', rather than the spoken word which would be 'Slander'.
Most unlikely anyone will take you to court even though you have published your own name on this forum.
The reason being that fer PR purposes it would not look good fer a Taxi dispatcher to be bringing a Taxi driver in to court on Libel charges but if you push a man too far there is no knowing what he will do.

And Yes Vinny is a friend/buddy of mine, is that a problem fer you ?

We too used to be friends until you stepped over the mark.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 07:56:51 pm »
When I applied to Aon taxi insurance eleven years ago I was under the impression I needed to be in a union to get a good deal.Turned out not to be not true.

I'm sure certain unions got referral fees for bringing in drivers.Probably a long time ago.

They may even have been based in the same office space.

dalymount

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 08:10:04 pm »
MFH I rang my mate to confirm what I said about an hour ago.he comfirmed it without question,and would do so again if need be.infact he said ALL  the so called taxi unions blackmailed taxi drivers that if they didnt join and pay up ,they would not be getting insurance.I have no doubt there are old timers on  here who are well aware of it .I would be inclined to think THAT is more the reason your pal would. not go to court,then any of the ridiculous reasons you put forward.as far as our  friendship goes,if memory serves me right I think you took the hump with at. least 2 other posters for having a go at your mate as well .

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2020, 08:41:05 pm »
When I started 20 years ago you had to be in a union to get insurance. It only lasted a couple of years.

I'm not an old timer, I just found my calling early !!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2020, 09:19:44 pm »
True lizzzy....i even remember BJP including renewal slips for NPH&TA in their blurb.

dalymount

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2020, 10:02:42 pm »
Does ken STILL doubt it ?

Show Unread Posts