Author Topic: LTDA (UK) newspaper.  (Read 10429 times)

Offline Punter

Re: LTDA (UK) newspaper.
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 10:05:47 pm »
1995 --I had to join Mr Usher and Co ---- GRE--Guardian Royal Exchange included their union fees in the insurance quote and renewals !

dalymount

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 10:06:43 pm »
And Kens buddy was the biggest extractor of money along with Gormless from what I heard

dalymount

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 10:08:50 pm »
And Ken says that IM the one who should be careful inspite of this overwhelmingl evidence that they were fukin gangsters

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 10:30:17 pm »
I refused to join a union. Mid/late 90s there was a broker in Dundalk or Drogheda (can't remember which) by the name of O'Callaghan who organised policies through syndicates at Lloyds. He never gave a bollix about unions. Early naughties Axa would give you a quote without union membership provided you promised not to tell anyone. By mid naughties union membership was defunct.

I woulda thought you would approve of men being forced into unions, DM... were any of your P&T colleagues non-union?

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 10:32:09 pm »
I also remember having to be in a union when I joined the ranks about 17 years ago, started off with BJP and had to join a union to get insurance, never renewed after that and was not asked again for proof.
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Punter

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2020, 10:33:54 pm »
Wasn't he in a Bridgewater Quay office  and had a deal with Allianz I think but it was same deal you had to be in his union !
Tommy Gorman was boss and Vinny was understudy !

dalymount

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2020, 10:36:06 pm »
My point is, they were crooks then,and they are crooks now.Unfortunately drivers have forgotten these blackmailing scumbags.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2020, 10:41:07 pm »
Bit strong, DM... Did you consider the shop stewards in Telecom Eireann to be blackmailing scumbags? Did you ever try to leave that union and keep your "job"?

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2020, 11:09:51 pm »
Never tried to leave the CWU.they were a fantastic union then,and they are now also.they looked after the interest of the membership .the taxi unions (-if you can call them that ) were gangsters from my knowledge of them at that time.id say the money that was sunk into the dispatchers at that time was at least questionable where it came from,but I have always said if some day a good investigative journalist goes after them the truth will out

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2020, 09:13:41 am »
MFH I rang my mate to confirm what I said about an hour ago.he comfirmed it without question,and would do so again if need be.infact he said ALL  the so called taxi unions blackmailed taxi drivers that if they didnt join and pay up ,they would not be getting insurance.I have no doubt there are old timers on  here who are well aware of it .I would be inclined to think THAT is more the reason your pal would. not go to court,then any of the ridiculous reasons you put forward.as far as our  friendship goes,if memory serves me right I think you took the hump with at. least 2 other posters for having a go at your mate as well .

Think it was called PMPA back then but they asked for proof of being in the union when you went in to renew your insurance.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2020, 09:20:50 am »
Ah the oul PMPA....we're still paying for that!!

john m

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2020, 09:26:03 am »
Big Dommos Grandkids need a Passport to get into a pub or club for a gargle now .Dollyer did you ever consider the other side of the coin What if Insurers said we will give your Members a Discount on insurance as long as they can prove they are taxi drivers .I had two months work on a ship in Drydock in Dublin Port an about 1979 I had to Join a British Boiler Makers Union to be allowed weld on Board .Back in the 70s and 80s Union membership was essential just to keep the Bolsheviks quiet .Most Fuckwits thought being in a Union meant they could work when what it really meant was not being in one you couldnt .It was a way of keeping the work for people who paid the ransom and keeping other workers off the job.As soon as there was plenty of work the men told the unions to fuck off .They have now been replaced with Safe Passes and tickets for different shills or Fork lift licences and the likes .

john m

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2020, 09:32:05 am »
Ah the oul PMPA....we're still paying for that!!

That was FF baby before an election cheaper insurance .The Biggie that never gets mentioned was Bank of Irelands Bastard Child .The Insurance Corporation of Ireland they were guarenteed by the state to write insurance for the likes of beef exporters who wxported tails and arseholes as prime beef knowing it would be rejected but then they would claim on the export insurance ie Goodmans and Libian Meat .Knowing it was a scam Bank decided to write insurance for all sorts from Americam Aircraft Carriers to Nuclear Powerstations knowing the Irish Government would carry the can if anything went wrong .Even today the Levy you pay on insurance goes to cover some og the Insurance Corporations possible Liabilities as the policies they wrote were all life policies so we still insure those American Ships and powerstations for as long as they exist .

https://www.google.ie/search?source=hp&ei=jTzGXrS_FdCigQbckq3QCA&q=insurance+corporation+of+ireland&oq=insurance+corporation+of+ireland&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQDDICCAAyBggAEBYQHjoFCAAQgwFQ
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:35:03 am by john m »

dalymount

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2020, 09:32:50 am »
There is no other word for it except blackmail,and some of the people who turned from poacher,to game keeper are more guilty of it then others.I better not name Kens mate,ir Ken will have me up in front of the supreme court.on another note .I sent 2 pms recently,and although both said sent successfully,neither seem to have reached the recipient any ideas what might be wrong ?

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2020, 02:37:13 pm »
I was in the NPTHA  when Vin..e was Vice something...had my own insurance  and Tommy Gorman said to me you would be better off getting your own quotes for insurance....Mr.Humpherys got me a great quote from Brian S..but they never insisted that you had to accept bad quotes...just saying that my experience....
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Show Unread Posts