Author Topic: LTDA (UK) newspaper.  (Read 10574 times)

dalymount

Re: LTDA (UK) newspaper.
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2020, 09:35:55 am »
Ill have a word with brother for ya John,he is 40 years a member of royal Dublin ,was captain of it a few years back ,so you and Dommo should be alright

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2020, 09:44:12 am »
Bit like Golf Clubs if your not a member you couldnt play .Remember meself and Big Dommos Brother trying to get a round in in Royal Dublin back in the day .

Golf or Gargle ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

john m

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2020, 10:34:53 am »
Bit like Golf Clubs if your not a member you couldnt play .Remember meself and Big Dommos Brother trying to get a round in in Royal Dublin back in the day .

Golf or Gargle ?

Crow you know me so well.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2020, 10:40:11 am »
We called it the insurance chit . ITDF at one time had 95% of owners registered members. A commission was paid for each chit.

I paid a fiver for mine.
It was just a photocopy with the letter head of some union saying I was a member.
It worked anyway.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2020, 11:35:45 am »
In other words blackmail pay up ,or no insurance.these fukkers should have been behind bars for that
All the radio companies/co ops (except Metro) included Fed membership as part of our weekly base fee. As more pvt radio companies got going they followed Metro`s lead.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:38:18 am by Bubba Ho-Tep »

dalymount

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2020, 11:48:18 am »
So the radio companies were ALSO in on the blackmail ?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2020, 02:11:18 pm »
We called it the insurance chit . ITDF at one time had 95% of owners registered members. A commission was paid for each chit.
As  I quoted earlier, we called it tied agency in the 80s when I sold insurance, but for one product only.

A tied agent is limited to selling the products provided by just one life company. They do not have access to all the providers on the market so they may not be able to get you the most competitive or indeed the best product for your particular circumstances. Tied agents often struggle to marry the specific needs of clients with the limited products available to them. A one box fits all approach no longer works for clients and this can be seen with so many clients turning to brokers with their desire for independent thought processes and products.

Offline the driver

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2020, 02:05:09 am »
When I started in this business nearly 21 years ago I went into the PMPA in Wolfe Tone St to get insurance.They would not insure me.I was told I must join a union/rep group to "prove"I was a full time taxi driver.The gave me the addresses of the ntdu and the itdf.

I joined the ntdu who were then based in Pleasants St.Mr Kearns did not ask me if I was full or part time.All he wanted was £50 and gave me a chit to bring back to the PMPA.

In fairness to PMPA/AXA I was never asked to produce a chit at renewal time after that.Just as well, as I had no intention of giving the ntdu any more money.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2020, 12:23:12 pm »
So the radio companies were ALSO in on the blackmail ?
They didn`t get kickback /commission from PMPA , so no, they weren`t party to financial reward.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:30:58 pm by Bubba Ho-Tep »

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2020, 12:28:24 pm »
As  I quoted earlier, we called it tied agency in the 80s when I sold insurance, but for one product only.

A tied agent is limited to selling the products provided by just one life company. They do not have access to all the providers on the market so they may not be able to get you the most competitive or indeed the best product for your particular circumstances. Tied agents often struggle to marry the specific needs of clients with the limited products available to them. A one box fits all approach no longer works for clients and this can be seen with so many clients turning to brokers with their desire for independent thought processes and products.
I`m sure you`re right. PMPA were the only insurer available to taxis up until late 80`s early 90`s .

dalymount

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2020, 12:54:02 pm »
This should never have happened.its completely against the principles of the trade union movement to blackmail  men is this way..I have no doubt if it had have been challenged in a court of law that the likes of Kearns ,and Gormless,prevented men from working because they would not subscribe to their. cosy cartel.absolutely outrageous.it reminds me of the stories I heard years ago,where the stevadors used to pay the dockers in the pub,and if you didnt throw drink into them all night,you got no more work.how you guys can now work with the likes of these people these days is indeed puzzling

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2020, 01:32:15 pm »
PMPA had us by the short and curleys.
When you went into the PMPA offices to renew your insurance you were asked for your union/federation chit.
When you told Madge behind the counter you were not a member she would give you a different quote basically double the price.
And she would tell you the original quote included a discount of being a member.

dalymount

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2020, 01:41:11 pm »
Jack I really believe that practice to have been illegal.if I had the money I would have challenged it in court,and shown these gangsters up for what they were.they were no more proper trade union people then the man in the fukin moon.they were gangsters who brought the trade union movement in to disrepute,and disgraced the very name of trade unionism.and to think some of these people have completely changed from screwing you on the pretence to representing you,to now screwing you as a dispatcher,well it defies logic that drivers accept that.this is why the only way to rid the industry of these leeches is to support a state run compulsory transparent dispatch operation

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2020, 01:42:46 pm »
This should never have happened.its completely against the principles of the trade union movement to blackmail  men is this way..I have no doubt if it had have been challenged in a court of law that the likes of Kearns ,and Gormless,prevented men from working because they would not subscribe to their. cosy cartel.absolutely outrageous.it reminds me of the stories I heard years ago,where the stevadors used to pay the dockers in the pub,and if you didnt throw drink into them all night,you got no more work.how you guys can now work with the likes of these people these days is indeed puzzling

Very few of us knew about the commission prior to the break with the Fed when VIPs formed TDS and even then it was kept between two individuals. It emerged slowly and the "discussions" that followed are now part of my colourful history.

dalymount

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2020, 01:47:42 pm »
Bubba I would like to hear your opinion on wether you would support a proposal for a state run transparent dispatch operation.totally free from any influence,or imput from any current dispatcher

Show Unread Posts