Author Topic: accept follow up job  (Read 7590 times)

Offline Theoneandonly

Re: accept follow up job
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2020, 11:36:07 am »
A few weeks into the job I dropped in Skerries at 3am, i was driving between skerries and Rush for an hour and a half before i figured a way out, the ordinance survey book wasn't worth a toss, thought I was going to run out of fuel

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2020, 12:07:52 pm »
A few weeks into the job I dropped in Skerries at 3am, i was driving between skerries and Rush for an hour and a half before i figured a way out, the ordinance survey book wasn't worth a toss, thought I was going to run out of fuel
Ahhh the owld skerries, rush, lusk, donabate Bermuda triangle aay....if yu get lost in ther jus remember that the way yu think is the way out isnt the way out an turn around an go the other way
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

dalymount

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2020, 12:19:49 pm »
I love getting a run to any part of north county Dublin.btw I see Brendan Boyer died

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2020, 01:03:02 pm »
An old friend of mine once told me " If your lost never follow anyone"
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2020, 01:06:51 pm »
I loved north county Dublin back in the day.
I still do but lusk, rush, swords, malahide, skerries, balbriggan etc. are way over built now with too many speed ramps that ruins the drive.
portmarnock is my favourite area but that's getting the spiv builder cardboard apartments treatment now.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2020, 02:20:42 pm »
Holidays in Rush and Skerries was a thing for us in the 70's as was a trip to Portrane of a Sunday,cars used to park on the green area close to the beach....used to love listening to the Top 40 on BBC (Tony Blackburn,Kid Jensen) on the radio in the car on the way home in the evening....simple times!!

dalymount

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2020, 05:09:00 pm »
Very good fare to

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2020, 09:58:59 pm »
Holidays in Rush and Skerries was a thing for us in the 70's as was a trip to Portrane of a Sunday,cars used to park on the green area close to the beach....used to love listening to the Top 40 on BBC (Tony Blackburn,Kid Jensen) on the radio in the car on the way home in the evening....simple times!!

St Ita's ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2020, 12:05:46 am »

St Ita's ?

Funny you should mention that....

Offline Tony

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2020, 07:18:00 am »

Marino is the same, what a kip to navigate your way out of
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2020, 11:33:27 am »

Worse than crop circles!!

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2020, 01:30:06 am »

Worse than crop circles!!
Yes .
...total east west north south disorientation like that experienced nowhere else on earth

Offline Belker

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2020, 08:06:06 am »
I remember doing a job 10 years back when I first started with no sat nav or google maps.

The job was fer 3 farmers out to south Cork past the airport and they all pissed and dropping them all off at their homes/farms along country boreens with grass in the middle of the road.
After doing a few laps of South cork country roads to drop them all home, I was totally lost, so I got out of the cab, stood up on top of a ditch and saw the airport lights in the distance and I followed them lights all the way home.

God bless the Garmin sat nav, many a Pickle it got me out of.

dalymount

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2020, 09:32:19 am »
When we were kids in the country years ago,we ALSO used to follow a light .it was known as willo the wisp

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2020, 09:39:05 am »
When we were kids in the country years ago,we ALSO used to follow a light .it was known as willo the wisp
???   
Wha daily ? 

Show Unread Posts