Author Topic: Screen ology and Screenerism  (Read 19931 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Screen ology and Screenerism
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2020, 04:20:53 pm »
I'm respectful to the gimps...go the shortest route.Drive like a limo nice and smooth.Take the money then on to the next passenger.I don't care if I see them again.I do not want repeat business.Never ever give out my details.There are thousands of other lads who operate the exact same way and we're doing alright.If it's not broken don't be trying to fix it.

john m

« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2020, 04:27:04 pm »
OK the man who borrowed the bag off the man I borrowed the bag off done the Suitability yesterday and now it seems the Insurance companies are now requiring an engineers report on screens .I got this third hand not from the man himself .Has anybody actually Contacted the Insurers not the Brokers for a definitive ruling ?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2020, 04:29:36 pm »
I'm respectful to the gimps...go the shortest route.Drive like a limo nice and smooth.Take the money then on to the next passenger.I don't care if I see them again.I do not want repeat business.Never ever give out my details.There are thousands of other lads who operate the exact same way and we're doing alright.If it's not broken don't be trying to fix it.

I guess it's at times like this when I see repeat bookings coming in that i realise building up a bit of custom was worthwhile for when I do start back (thankfully there is someone covering them)

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2020, 04:30:47 pm »
OK the man who borrowed the bag off the man I borrowed the bag off done the Suitability yesterday and now it seems the Insurance companies are now requiring an engineers report on screens .I got this third hand not from the man himself .Has anybody actually Contacted the Insurers not the Brokers for a definitive ruling ?

It might depend on the insurance company?

john m

« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2020, 04:46:57 pm »
Axa told me they wouldnt penalize drivers who fit screens but they offered no standard for screens .There are screens and there are screens .Security screens could be bulletproof while snot screens provide a different type of protection .As I did myself I would advise do not offer a car with a screen for suitability until the issue is clarified .The present screens being fitter are no more than on board advertising .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2020, 05:04:37 pm »
Government Advice:

In settings where 2 metre separation is not possible, alternative protective measures such as installation of physical barriers/plastic sneeze guards should be put in place

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/News-And-Events/Department-News/2020/May/09052020.html

In settings where 2 metre worker separation cannot be ensured by organisational
means, alternative protective measures should be put in place, for example:
o Install physical barriers, such as clear plastic sneeze guards between workers,
o Maintain at least a distance of 1 metre or as much distance as is reasonably
practicable,

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/Publications/Publication-files/Return-to-Work-Safely-Protocol.pdf

john m

« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2020, 05:19:22 pm »
The Issue Roy is ,is there a standard .Is that standard approved by the NTA or the Insurers .Its a simple question but nobody seems to be setting the standard or clarifying the issue .

Offline watty

« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2020, 05:40:58 pm »
Similar issue in Scotland (https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-52712542). 
Scottish taxi drivers are asking for urgent clarity on anti-coronavirus measures for private hire cabs.  Taxi owners want the Scottish government to intervene and allow them to install protective screens in their vehicles. The drivers' trade association wants to use a crash tested screen design which has been approved by insurance companies and which is already allowed by some English councils.  No official guidance has been given.

Meanwhile, the article I linked says:
The Office for National Statistics in England found that security guards, chefs and taxi drivers were the most vulnerable professions in terms of Covid-19 death rates, with male taxi drivers dying at a rate of more than 36 per 100,000.  United Private Hire Drivers which represents many drivers in Scotland says there have been six coronavirus deaths among private hire and taxi drivers north of the border, with half of them in Glasgow.  Barry Sloan, the association's Glasgow rep, was shocked by the deaths and is now demanding that something is done to protect private hire drivers across Scotland.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2020, 06:17:59 pm »
it's all a loada bollocks.

dalymount

« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2020, 06:36:23 pm »
Id love to hear the doc on a radio interview with Kenny.every question answered in the same way .its all a load of bollox

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2020, 07:03:10 pm »
I would'nt do that it would get monotonous.
I'd mix it up with "it's all a loada dirt" and "it's all a loada gick" etc.
I would'nt talk to that kenny clown.
I'd let jean byrne interview me though.

dalymount

« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2020, 07:30:41 pm »
And thw reason you wouldnt let Kwnny interview you ? ITS ALL A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2020, 06:08:41 pm »
Seems to be coming to a head, NTA/Government/Insurance companies need to decide what's feasible regarding screens.
Personally I want one for my own safety, not sure I'll be too happy returning to the fray without one, i hope sense prevails

Show Unread Posts